Ignore button

This thread gave me the final push to hit the ignore button on a certain someone.
I’m so glad I did - it’s like taking a breath of fresh air. The nonsense is suffocating the CB and it’s so nice having it gone. Granted, my polls are nonsense too - we’re not solving the world‘s problems with my polls, but at least it’s just one a day and on the rare occasion two.
I look for yours and our Grateful Thread every morning with my coffee. 🥰

Almost a week later and I haven't taken said person off ignore, it's been less cluttered!

They remind me of the guy who's always posting crazed rants about SPACE, then slamming the door of the thread behind him as he walks away.

Something really should be done about this bot/person.
I agree - there definitely should be a post limit. As for the individual….as long as people keep replying, he/she will keep posting.

There are times that I want to post something snarky to posts like ….. what’s the dumbest thing you did today? And say….I posted on this thread. Then I tell myself to take the high road and I keep my mouth shut - LOL!

Now I’m not seeing it at all and I’m kicking myself for waiting this long to ignore.

This thread gave me the final push to hit the ignore button on a certain someone.
I’m so glad I did - it’s like taking a breath of fresh air. The nonsense is suffocating the CB and it’s so nice having it gone. Granted, my polls are nonsense too - we’re not solving the world‘s problems with my polls, but at least it’s just one a day and on the rare occasion two.
Your polls are quite different, Sandy. Thoughtful, infrequent (one a day, weekdays) and you are interactive, non-bot-like prying. You also interact with others on others' threads.

Over the years, I have had two 'sets' of posters where I have used the ignore feature. First 'set' was actually 4 iterations of the same person, way back over 20 years ago. It was a person who reveled in being hurtful to people. He delighted in his posts to other people, trying to be as hurtful as he could be. He initially came around during my moderator stint here, so I really could not put him on ignore then. The day I quit that 'job' here, he went on ignore. He got booted, finally, three different times, but came back as other names. Finally, after the fourth was around for awhile, never saw him again. Still have him on ignore though, ha, just in case, ha. Currently, just several heavy duty questioners, and the predecessor to one of the currents. The pages can be pretty short here at times, but it's worth it.

spelling

Last edited:
Not allowed to discuss any heavy issues here. There is a huge difference in your polls and some others.

Your polls are quite different, Sandy. Thoughtful, infrequent (one a day, weekdays) and you are interactive, non-bot-like prying. You also interact with others on others' threads.
Thanks Dan! :goodvibes

Over the years, I have had two 'sets' of posters where I have used the ignore feature. First 'set' was actually 4 iterations of the same person, way back over 20 years ago. It was a person who reveled in being hurtful to people. He delighted in his posts to other people, trying to be as hurtful as he could be. He initially came around during my moderator stint here, so I really could not put him on ignore then. The day I quit that 'job' here, he went on ignore. He got booted, finally, three different times, but came back as other names. Finally, after the fourth was around for awhile, never saw him again. Still have him on ignore though, ha, just in case, ha. Currently, just several heavy duty questioners, and the predecessor to one of the currents. The pages can be pretty short here at times, but it's worth it.

spelling
Can the mods see who the most ‘ignored’ posters are?

I used to have a couple women on ignore, years ago. One was supposedly a doctor but I have my doubts about that. She was extremely hurtful and I just got tired of her posts. She finally disappeared. The other one doesn’t post much anymore. I just don’t understand people who seem to enjoy being purposely hurtful to others.

I suppose it depends whether you see the forum as solely a source of Disney/Universal information or something more. I wonder if for some people this is their only source of friendship and companionship, so does it harm anyone if they find an excuse to post something everyday?
::yes:: Sadly, I think this may well be the case with @Spinneret . But as I've mentioned before, the existence of his inane questions isn't preventing anyone else from starting better quality threads. And by now practically everybody should have been made aware of the possibility of identity phishing - it's been mentioned very often in a lot of different threads. I'd imagine he's also been reported more than once on that suspicion and it would appear the Mods choose to do nothing.

I worked in information privacy and security for a large corporation for many years. What people choose to share is entirely up to them, but Spinneret and whoever might see the responses are given way too much credit for how the information could be potentially used. It is good to be vigilant and protective, but generally much, much more sensitive information is in the public domain versus someone trying to meticulously piece together random tidbits of do you have good neighbors, what kind of student were you, etc. Your DOB, employer, address, email, phone numbers, people connected to you - is generally all out there without the help of this board. Google yourself and you'll see how much is there.

Again, protect yourself and make a decision on what you choose to share or not, but others may have a different tolerance related to posting on the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even close, I actually enjoy seeing your threads pop-up like seeing a friendly neighbor that I look forward to talking with from time to time ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter