• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

im moving to orlando...

I always joke with DH that he needs to get transferred to Orlando so we can go to WDW all the time but he said that would ruin it for us and living 3 hours south is much better...ok whatever dude

Hi to all Floridians! Patricia H - hi from Baltimore :flower3:

This has become my new favorite thread. We may be accepting an offer on our house today and that means we'll be checking out central FL again. Wish us luck

:goodvibes

Are you looking for houses in Orlando? I was just playing around and saw some REALLY good deals in the Kissimmee area, short sales and foreclosures I'm sure.

Are you looking for houses in Orlando? I was just playing around and saw some REALLY good deals in the Kissimmee area, short sales and foreclosures I'm sure.

I've been seeing some also. We want to be close to Disney, in a quiet, safe neighborhood. Short sales, my realtor tells me, tend to be 'as is' and may have problems that the owner bank does not acknowledge nor is responsible for. So doubt that we will go that route.

Unfortunately the 'buyers' did not qualify to buy our current house. So we are still here 'up north'. Anyone need a nice home in Maryland!!!!

I've been seeing some also. We want to be close to Disney, in a quiet, safe neighborhood. Short sales, my realtor tells me, tend to be 'as is' and may have problems that the owner bank does not acknowledge nor is responsible for. So doubt that we will go that route.

Unfortunately the 'buyers' did not qualify to buy our current house. So we are still here 'up north'. Anyone need a nice home in Maryland!!!!

Be careful of where you decide to buy in the Kissimmee area. There are a lot of neighborhoods that allow short term rental. That means you will have different people in those homes on a weekly basis. They are really tourist housing. If that is okay with you, then go for it. It is not something I would want.

We lived 8 miles from DL for nearly 3 years. Went at least once a month, would have gone once a week if we could have. It certainly didn't change the magic for us, but may change how and what you do in the parks!

Be careful of where you decide to buy in the Kissimmee area. There are a lot of neighborhoods that allow short term rental. That means you will have different people in those homes on a weekly basis. They are really tourist housing. If that is okay with you, then go for it. It is not something I would want.

What area do you recommend if you want to be close to the magic?

What area do you recommend if you want to be close to the magic?

Well, it depends on how close you want to be and how much you want to spend on a house. There are nice areas in Kissimmee, you just have to be careful. Ask if they allow short term rental.

I live in Windermere. It is very nice and close, but tends to be pretty expensive. Winter Garden, parts of Ocoee, Clermont, Dr. Phillips and Gotha are all close and tend to have nice neighborhoods.

I live in Polk County and I am only 12 miles from the parks. Lots of great places to buy out here.

i am just interested in renting a nice apartment or townhouse.

and i wanna be as close as possible! like right off disney property. like the closest apartments available. no 5 miles... no 2 miles. i wanna be as close as possible. i wanna see the fireworks from my porch or balcony.

As of yesterday my current house is under contract!!!! Yaaaaaaa! :goodvibes It has to have the FHA inspection for the buyers, but I'm anticipating that will happen soon - in a couple days.

Now my 'to do' list turns towards sorting out again what I will take and not take. :confused3 And of course, finding my new home near Disney. (don't need to be 2 miles away - LOL!) :cheer2:

Well, it depends on how close you want to be and how much you want to spend on a house. There are nice areas in Kissimmee, you just have to be careful. Ask if they allow short term rental.

I live in Windermere. It is very nice and close, but tends to be pretty expensive. Winter Garden, parts of Ocoee, Clermont, Dr. Phillips and Gotha are all close and tend to have nice neighborhoods.

I lived in Clermont for 5 years and enjoyed it. Clermont has grown trmendously since I left, but there are still good deals. If you plan to work near WDW, Clermont and Windermere are your best bets. But, Clermont is about 45 minutes from downtown Orlando, so keep in mind that it depends on where you wish to work, and how far a drive you are comfortable with.

I live in Polk County and I am only 12 miles from the parks. Lots of great places to buy out here.

One of the reasons I chose Lake County was that both the satellite and cable companies told me Polk was considered Tampa territory, so you could not get Orlando local channels rebroadcasted. Is that still the case?

As of yesterday my current house is under contract!!!! Yaaaaaaa! :goodvibes It has to have the FHA inspection for the buyers, but I'm anticipating that will happen soon - in a couple days.

Now my 'to do' list turns towards sorting out again what I will take and not take. :confused3 And of course, finding my new home near Disney. (don't need to be 2 miles away - LOL!) :cheer2:

Good luck! :hippie:

Yes we get Tampa stations here in Polk. I am about a mile from the line where I could have Orlando programming. :( We do get WFTV an Orlando station. Small price to pay for where I live.

hello to all from orlando,

i finally made it. the first part of the move is complete. i am stayin in poinciana for a week or 2 until i find the proper place in the proper area. i am very excited. i am about 30 minutes south of orlando. the houses here r very very nice. but way to far out for me.

again thank you for everyones help. i will write everyones suggestions down and start checking them out :goodvibes:cheer2:

Anyone near Clermont? We're looking for a nice apartment complex in that area.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter