Important Dining Information!!!

I will be taking my 2 grandchildren ( 10 and 6) and staying at PBR for 3 nights in August (before Disney) Besides a super hero breakfast I dont know where to eat..We will not have a car and my DD and I do not eat red meat. I may try to get the meal plan for a least one day, probably the last full day. What would you experts suggest? I know how to navigate at Disneyworld, here I am a novice! :scared1:

have you checked out the menu thread in the faq section in the UO forums?

there are vegetarian dishes at resturants at city walk and in the park and at the 3 onsite hotels.

table service at IOA: mythos is a good choice
at US: finnegans, lombards

counter service that has more than the park food of burgers, chicken sandwiches include enchanted oak at ioa, la bamba at US
confisco grill at POE.....there are more but i am rushing right now.

the islands resturant has a good selection and it is located at RPH. they have a breakfast buffet. HRH has the kitchen and a special area for children that will keep them entertained while they eat. PBH has some lovely resturants also.

what type of foods do your gkids like? what type of dinners were you thinking of? something that has variety, theme or basic foods?

Could you tell us more about the view at Lombard's? We haven't eaten there yet. Are there any locations that are better than another? TIA :)

sorry, just saw your question.

there is a wooden walkway around the resturant. many windows face the water area. some like to sit in the back of the place to look out at the water and see that and the other side of UO.

the side view would have you facing the outdoor area where there are tables and benches and past that is a water view.

i would choose the water view rather than the inside of the room settting.
just my choice. at one part you can look out the front area of the building and see the people walk by in front of the building. you have to be on the side of the resturant for that though. Lombards is placed back far enough from the walk way traffic where you don't too much of a view of the people walking by.

have you checked out the menu thread in the faq section in the UO forums?

there are vegetarian dishes at resturants at city walk and in the park and at the 3 onsite hotels.

table service at IOA: mythos is a good choice
at US: finnegans, lombards

counter service that has more than the park food of burgers, chicken sandwiches include enchanted oak at ioa, la bamba at US
confisco grill at POE.....there are more but i am rushing right now.

the islands resturant has a good selection and it is located at RPH. they have a breakfast buffet. HRH has the kitchen and a special area for children that will keep them entertained while they eat. PBH has some lovely resturants also.

what type of foods do your gkids like? what type of dinners were you thinking of? something that has variety, theme or basic foods?

Thanks for you speedy reply! My DGD will eat anything, my DGS is a mac and cheese, hot dog and chicken sort of guy. My DD (not the Mama;) ) and I like American, French, some Italian. We eat poultry and fish only (and hope to stop that some day soon :guilty: ) but for dinner want sit down mostly. Maybe one night we will just have CS since we will have free dining for 5 nights at Disney..so confusing! I know with the meal plan currently you get one sit down meal at select restaurants..One day we will go to one park, one the other and which ever is best for their age group we will start at. (Day of arrival)

Hi all ~ anyone have some updated food reports? We are going in April & don't know where to start. Thanks!:lovestruc

I really enjoyed the buffet at Trattoria. Lots of choices, excellent desserts... very yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter