In Room Amenities?

MinnesoTristan

Mouseketeer
I watch a lot of resort tours on YouTube, and I really enjoy them, but most tend to focus on the resort amenities. I know values give you bus transportation and a food court, moderates add a table-service restaurant, and deluxes add better transportation and theming. Obviously there are exceptions to this rule, like the Skyliner resorts and boat service to Disney Springs.
For comparison purposes, I’m wondering what amenities you gain in your room when you go from a standard room at a value to a moderate to a deluxe. Obviously size and theming, but what other perks in the room?
Not really including the family suites or DVC villas, as well as the cabins and treehouse villas, since those are more of a niche.

The brand and compilation of the toiletries,

values have just the basics...bar soap, maybe shampoo. The moderates and deludes add things like conditioner, body lotion, shower cap, robe. Spa branded st Deluxe.

coffee maker, microwave, fridge, etc can be upgraded

values have just the basics...bar soap, maybe shampoo. The moderates and deludes add things like conditioner, body lotion, shower cap, robe. Spa branded st Deluxe.

The last time I was in Values (2019), they also had shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. You do NOT get "just bar soap" in them.

Agree with Dug720 here. All toiletries are provided at Values. In terms of coffee makers, all 3 levels of stay have coffee makers, just that the mods and deluxe have Keurig and the Values have the 'pod' inserts. All rooms on property have a fridge. Microwaves (outside of DVC properties) are available on a first-come, first-served basis. They are limited in number. Otherwise, what you often get at the higher levels is more floor space, sometimes a balcony at a deluxe (Beach Club has more 'juliette' balconies than full balconies), more upscale appointments (lamps and such). That's why we don't mind staying Value...there's not much I do in the room beside sleep. For someone with more of a resort vacation, it may make a difference. But, not for me.

Sorry, no. The brands of toiletries are the same at all levels of resorts. Value & moderate levels moved to refillable shower gel, shampoo & conditioner holders last few years. Deluxe resorts still have individual containers. They are all H2O brand. And the only rooms that had robes was club level at the deluxe. Definitely no robes in the deluxe resort regular rooms, let alone moderates.

Edit: some deluxe resorts have the refillable toiletries now too.

Last edited:
I thought that room size and theming might be the only benefits of moving up each level, and your very helpful responses confirmed my thoughts. I’m thinking Pop Century may be my preference, since it’s the lowest price Skyliner resort. As long as I have in room coffee, I’m good, and having the ability to resort hop to Caribbean, Riviera, and the Crescent Lake resorts at a value price is very attractive to me.

Sorry, no. The brands of toiletries are the same at all levels of resorts. Value & moderate levels moved to refillable shower gel, shampoo & conditioner holders last few years. Deluxe resorts still have individual containers. They are all H2O brand. And the only rooms that had robes was club level at the deluxe. Definitely no robes in the deluxe resort regular rooms, let alone moderates.

The refurbed rooms at AKL have the shower wall bottles.

DVC villas are considered deluxe and many of them have the wall mounted products in the bathrooms. It was announced at last year's member meeting that they would be wall mounted in all the DVC resorts at some point.

Things have changed, now the values do have coffee makers and fridges, also separate shampoos & conditioner. They used to just have the 2 in 1.

For me the main differences are you get more variety of toiletries- foot cream, body lotion, solar gel, mouthwash at the deluxe. For moderate and deluxe you get Larger rooms, double sinks handy so 2 people can be getting ready, better pools, nice landscaping, covered bus stops so you aren’t standing out in the blazing sun or pouring rain, hot tubs, more dining options, buildings aren’t cinder block cubes. The deluxe have central air.

Agree with Dug720 here. All toiletries are provided at Values. In terms of coffee makers, all 3 levels of stay have coffee makers, just that the mods and deluxe have Keurig and the Values have the 'pod' inserts. All rooms on property have a fridge. Microwaves (outside of DVC properties) are available on a first-come, first-served basis. They are limited in number. Otherwise, what you often get at the higher levels is more floor space, sometimes a balcony at a deluxe (Beach Club has more 'juliette' balconies than full balconies), more upscale appointments (lamps and such). That's why we don't mind staying Value...there's not much I do in the room beside sleep. For someone with more of a resort vacation, it may make a difference. But, not for me.
We had a Pod Coffee Maker at POR.

Outside hallways/walkways in value and moderate, inside hallways in deluxe. Bigger rooms in each category as you go up. Last time I stayed in a value it hadn't been refurbed but there wasn't an actual door, just a curtain, between the room and the sink/closet area of the bathroom. I think the moderates all have a door there now.

As far as transportation, the value bus stops are not covered but they do have actual ques. The moderate and deluxe are covered but there are no ques so it's sort of a free for all when the bus arrives. The buses are the buses are the buses (pre-Covid). I have had long waits at every single resort I've stayed at and I've stayed at them all except AoA, PORFQ, SS, WL and Riv (I've even stayed at the Fort in our RV and at SOG before it was just for military). I've also had short waits at them all.

Moderates and Deluxes have leisure pools, values do not although they do have two pools and one is smaller. Moderates have hot tubs at the main pool, values do not. Deluxes have hot tubs at the main pool and the leisure pools.

There are only food courts at values, most if not all moderates have at least one TS, deluxes have TS and limited QS options.

Pre-Covid if you stayed at a monorail resort, the only way to Epcot was the monorail or you could walk (or monorail or boat) to MK and take a bus from there. The bus service at skyliner resorts to HS and Epcot (pre-Covid) only runs once per hour, almost forcing you to take the skyliner. The skyliner isn't for everyone so that might be a negative. We don't use it because my son is not a fan of heights and claustrophobic, let that puppy get stopped in the air even for a minute and there would be issues, let there be a wind gust and that puppy swing and there would be issues. The skyliners are not heated nor AC'd so that might be an issue for some.

Things have changed, now the values do have coffee makers and fridges, also separate shampoos & conditioner. They used to just have the 2 in 1.

For me the main differences are you get more variety of toiletries- foot cream, body lotion, solar gel, mouthwash at the deluxe. For moderate and deluxe you get Larger rooms, double sinks handy so 2 people can be getting ready, better pools, nice landscaping, covered bus stops so you aren’t standing out in the blazing sun or pouring rain, hot tubs, more dining options, buildings aren’t cinder block cubes. The deluxe have central air.
The last time I got foot cream and solar gel was years ago at the GF. We have been getting lotion and mouth wash recently.

Outside hallways/walkways in value and moderate, inside hallways in deluxe. Bigger rooms in each category as you go up. Last time I stayed in a value it hadn't been refurbed but there wasn't an actual door, just a curtain, between the room and the sink/closet area of the bathroom. I think the moderates all have a door there now.

As far as transportation, the value bus stops are not covered but they do have actual ques. The moderate and deluxe are covered but there are no ques so it's sort of a free for all when the bus arrives. The buses are the buses are the buses (pre-Covid). I have had long waits at every single resort I've stayed at and I've stayed at them all except AoA, PORFQ, SS, WL and Riv (I've even stayed at the Fort in our RV and at SOG before it was just for military). I've also had short waits at them all.

Moderates and Deluxes have leisure pools, values do not although they do have two pools and one is smaller. Moderates have hot tubs at the main pool, values do not. Deluxes have hot tubs at the main pool and the leisure pools.

There are only food courts at values, most if not all moderates have at least one TS, deluxes have TS and limited QS options.

Pre-Covid if you stayed at a monorail resort, the only way to Epcot was the monorail or you could walk (or monorail or boat) to MK and take a bus from there. The bus service at skyliner resorts to HS and Epcot (pre-Covid) only runs once per hour, almost forcing you to take the skyliner. The skyliner isn't for everyone so that might be a negative. We don't use it because my son is not a fan of heights and claustrophobic, let that puppy get stopped in the air even for a minute and there would be issues, let there be a wind gust and that puppy swing and there would be issues. The skyliners are not heated nor AC'd so that might be an issue for some.
Not all are correct. Both SSR and OKW have outside entrances and are considered deluxe villas. AKL/AKV do not have a leisure pool. Only one themed pool at each location. Many of the deluxe resorts have the sink area open to the hallway, but the tub/toilet behind a door.

I've never stayed at the Boardwalk resorts, but I believe most of the other Deluxe resorts have either a balcony or patio. We don't have that at home in our apartment, so it's a big deal to us to sit outside of our room on the balcony.

One other difference I didn't see mentioned here is that the Values have paper-thin walls and there's much more room-to-room and corridor-to-room noise in the Values than in Deluxes or even in the Moderates. It's true that no resort is totally silent--it's not like there's fabulous soundproofing in the Deluxes--but they are much quieter than the Values.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter