In Room H2O Products Now in Large Shareable Bottles?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone who has actually used the shared bottles confirm if they are replaced when empty (larger bottles that are actually removed and replaced with new bottles when empty) or containers that are refilled (example - pouring the product from a larger container into a smaller container on the wall)? thanks!

Can anyone who has actually used the shared bottles confirm if they are replaced when empty (larger bottles that are actually removed and replaced with new bottles when empty) or containers that are refilled (example - pouring the product from a larger container into a smaller container on the wall)? thanks!

They are refilled.

We were at BWI on 8/15 thru 8/19 and GF from 8/19 thru 8/23. Both had individual toiletry items. I am against a dispenser on the wall. Sorry but that doesn't fit in with a deluxe resort that people are paying $$$ for. This is my opinion. There is something nice about going into a room that has just had housekeeping done and having all the little toiletry items in the bathroom. Bad decision on Disney's part if they do this. Who wants to see a big community soap dispenser in the shower??? Sorry, not a fan at all.

I agree! We all know everybody and their brother stays in these rooms. Do they have to remind us with community toiletries? I don’t even share toiletries with family members.

I don't know if the motivation is waste or profit. I do think that attaching multiple large bottles to the wall in the shower just gives lots more places for mold and mildew to grow. "Solving" one problem may yield another worse one over time.
This is true. My experience with cleaning mold and mildew has been that it requires A LOT of elbow grease and bleach unless you can immerse it all in strong bleach diluted water. I don’t see HK performing that service.

I find it very hard to believe that these soap dispensers are refilled. A CM goes into the shower stall and pours soap into this soap dispenser from a big gallon container? Well that big gallon container (or how ever big it is, get thrown out also, right? Isn't that a lot of plastic?). Sorry, I don't believe this has anything to do with the environment and has everything to do with profit. Much cheaper to just put a community dispenser on the wall.

I was reading about this. I was planning on ordering shampoo with my grocery order because we won't use those tiny bottles. I live with a little Lorax who will not allow waste like that to occur in his family on his watch. The large shampoo we order will be distressing enough to him as we usually just buy castile soap in bulk at our co-op. Are these larger bottles at the Beach Club yet?? That would be spectacular.
We just returned from a 2 week Disney trip on August 21st. Beach Club did not have them installed yet (we received the small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash etc). We were at BC August 17-21, but our 10 night stay August 7-17 we were at PO Riverside AB section and they had the large bottles on the shower wall. It was so handy to just pump and use it. We had to call about day 7 to have our conditioner refilled as my DD's have long, curly hair and use a lot of conditioner. They came to refill while we were at the parks. We liked the bigger, refillable mounted bottles. I actually asked the CM when we called to have them refilled and he said they were refilled rather than replaced as @dansdad mentioned earlier today.

I find it very hard to believe that these soap dispensers are refilled. A CM goes into the shower stall and pours soap into this soap dispenser from a big gallon container? Well that big gallon container (or how ever big it is, get thrown out also, right? Isn't that a lot of plastic?). Sorry, I don't believe this has anything to do with the environment and has everything to do with profit. Much cheaper to just put a community dispenser on the wall.

I TOTALLY agree that the reason for the dispensers is Disney saving $$ just as the no bags with your purchase.
Instead you have the 'privilege' of purchasing a canvas tote? (which will get soaked in the daily torrential rains)
If their main focus is recycling, why not have each resort put in a recycling area to dump the bags when packing to go home if you don't have a need for the bag? I personally leave many of them on the table in the room.
Why aren't water bottles outlawed? Because they can get $3 a piece for them.

We recycle at home very faithfully. Knowing Disney, I question their motive.

This is true. My experience with cleaning mold and mildew has been that it requires A LOT of elbow grease and bleach unless you can immerse it all in strong bleach diluted water. I don’t see HK performing that service.

We were placed in a room that had only been in operation for a week. I did remove the bottles to ... see if it was possible ... and behind the bottles on the dispenser was already a film of "soap scum" and sitting water under the bottles. Clearly no cleaner had been sprayed on it nor the system cleaned off.

They are refilled.

And this confirmed my fear, I had hopes that at least the bottles are replaced. Instead nothing about the outsides of this system is "clean" but worse the refilling of these bottles ... scientifically proven to be breeding grounds for bacteria and the cause bacterial transmission by NIH and others.

We use a liquid anti-bacterial soap for DS and I purchased the pump style to make it easier. We initially were refilling the bottle by buying the bulk. After a few refills I was preparing to fill and what soap was left didn't look right. Yup, a mold was actually growing on the top of the "anti-bacterial soap". One person uses that soap and it's in a private bathroom. It was after that moment, I read up and I no longer refill the bottles. We do buy the extra large pump bottle but once it's gone we start over. AND I can see inside these bottles ... housekeeping has no idea what is inside those bottles. :worried:

I TOTALLY agree that the reason for the dispensers is Disney saving $$ just as the no bags with your purchase.
Instead you have the 'privilege' of purchasing a canvas tote? (which will get soaked in the daily torrential rains)
If their main focus is recycling, why not have each resort put in a recycling area to dump the bags when packing to go home if you don't have a need for the bag? I personally leave many of them on the table in the room.
Why aren't water bottles outlawed? Because they can get $3 a piece for them.

We recycle at home very faithfully. Knowing Disney, I question their motive.

That's a great point. Disney is still selling bottled water in plastic, as well as powerade and bottled sodas. We were there a week ago and a bottle of Vitamin Water was $4.50. I couldn't believe my eyes. We ALWAYS get free ice water. Most of it is filtered and tastes fine but once in a while you get a place that is giving the gross sulfur water.

We were placed in a room that had only been in operation for a week. I did remove the bottles to ... see if it was possible ... and behind the bottles on the dispenser was already a film of "soap scum" and sitting water under the bottles. Clearly no cleaner had been sprayed on it nor the system cleaned off.

And this confirmed my fear, I had hopes that at least the bottles are replaced. Instead nothing about the outsides of this system is "clean" but worse the refilling of these bottles ... scientifically proven to be breeding grounds for bacteria and the cause bacterial transmission by NIH and others.

We use a liquid anti-bacterial soap for DS and I purchased the pump style to make it easier. We initially were refilling the bottle by buying the bulk. After a few refills I was preparing to fill and what soap was left didn't look right. Yup, a mold was actually growing on the top of the "anti-bacterial soap". One person uses that soap and it's in a private bathroom. It was after that moment, I read up and I no longer refill the bottles. We do buy the extra large pump bottle but once it's gone we start over. AND I can see inside these bottles ... housekeeping has no idea what is inside those bottles. :worried:

I'm trying so hard to come to terms with this but I just can't. I so hoped the bottles were replaced each time they were emptied but that is not the case. I've found a photo of the newly installed dispensers at POFQ. I wonder what they look like now.
PO.org-Guest-swd-20180211-132130_large.jpg

They are.

They actually remove the bottles from the wall, refill them from a large container and then put them back.
@dansdad...do they have plans to put these in the deluxe resorts as well?

At least the plastic water bottles, etc are easily recycled. There are trash cans in areas around WDW where you can put those water bottles for recycling.

I'm trying so hard to come to terms with this but I just can't. I so hoped the bottles were replaced each time they were emptied but that is not the case. I've found a photo of the newly installed dispensers at POFQ. I wonder what they look like now.
View attachment 346421

Like you, I'd like to see what they look like after they've been used and refilled for a while. I'm still on the fence about this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter