• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In your opinion what is the most overrated thing in WDW?

The first things that come to mind are most of the hard-to-get ADRs for 'Ohana/Chef Mickey/BOG, etc. There are so many decent places to eat on property, I think it's a waste of energy/money trying to land an ADR here.* I'm cool with the rides & shows though feel free to take my spot in a 3 hour line for anything Pandora. I'm sure it's cool, I'm just not that interested.

*If it's a big thing for the kids, that's different & I'm totally on-board with that.

I'm always a little confused when I see Frozen Ever After as an answer on threads like these. It's been around for like a year and no one has ever really reviewed it as an all time great ride or anything. It's a pleasant boat ride with great effects/audio-animatronics. I get that some people hear the word Frozen and their bodies fill with hate and anger... but just because you don't like the intellectual property or wish it wasn't in a certain land doesn't (by itself) mean the attraction itself is overrated, IMO.

Same with Pandora. How can you possibly call something that's been opened for like 3 weeks overrated? It's hardly had time to even be rated!

And yes it has long lines. It's a new ride at Disney World. They could make a ride based on The English Patient and it would have 5 hour long waits for the first year.

Now all that being said... I absolutely love Frozen Ever After.

Something that I find a tad confusing, though I'm not sure I can use the word overrated because I do see it's appeal, just not to the extent to match it's wait. Even though it's waits have dropped with the New Fantasy Land changes, Dumbo. That thing had excessive waits before it got doubled. Yet Aladdin never has. Or even Triceratops Spin. What made Dumbo different?
Let me tell you something hilarious about Aladdin...We were on our 9th visit, on the Magic Carpet..we never knew that this can happen to you ....but while actually riding, a camel can squirt you too!! I guess your flying vehicle has to be "just the right" height (since riders can adjust that) and the timed squirt has to happen at the right moment, I really don't know, but it squirted my husband in the eye (he wears glasses) and in the mouth. hahahaha...that one moment had more magic in it than all my previous trips put together!! :rotfl:

And yes it has long lines. It's a new ride at Disney World. They could make a ride based on The English Patient and it would have 5 hour long waits for the first year.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Loving the answers and people are so funny!
But-anything Frozen. Just don't get it. Got FP for the A&E M&G in 2014 and while it was fun it wasn't super special with the "my whole trip is a waste and ruined if I don't get to meet them" hype.
This trip had our pick of FP for FEA and not a single member of my family thought it was worth a 2nd thought in saying NO to getting FP for it. My oldest even said she misses Maelstrom (bringing that girl up right:)) My kids all thought Tangled was a much better movie (even the boy).

I'm always a little confused when I see Frozen Ever After as an answer on threads like these. It's been around for like a year and no one has ever really reviewed it as an all time great ride or anything. It's a pleasant boat ride with great effects/audio-animatronics. I get that some people hear the word Frozen and their bodies fill with hate and anger... but just because you don't like the intellectual property or wish it wasn't in a certain land doesn't (by itself) mean the attraction itself is overrated, IMO.

Same with Pandora. How can you possibly call something that's been opened for like 3 weeks overrated? It's hardly had time to even be rated!

It's the lines. And the desperation of moms with strollers in that line. I stood in it 3 times (it broke down 2 times). People are crazy. I mean disappointment I understand. But when they all just converge on the poor CM with the same attitude I've seen displayed at airports by people who may miss their connection...some people just have issues with perspective. And then the time I got through it, I was next to these little kids who clearly needed a nap but mommy was determined to ride so they let the kids mess around and throw tantrums for 45 minutes straight.

I thought it was a cute ride and from a technological standpoint, it was interesting. I only stood in that line so long because it had A/C. But it was exactly what I expected it to be and it just doesn't match up to the craziness of some of the guests. If I discount the technology aspect, it's less impressive than pirates, HM, and Peter Pan. I might rate it equal to mine train, which I like, but I ride that mostly for the queue and "hi ho" and the last 30 seconds with the cottage.

Now, I'm even less of an Avatar fan, but I think I'm going to love the land and both rides. They look really incredible. Maybe not incredible enough to give up my Everest fp, but good enough for rope drop, and given my hatred of rope drop, that's something! I do agree that it's too early to rate that one.

BOG for dinner!! We've tried it twice and it was gross both times. I think a lot of people book it just because it's popular and hard to get. There are so many better options for the price point.
But there isn't another place to meet the Beast at any price point! (He's my son's favorite character so I must go through the stress to get this reservation.)

I agree zebra domes are gross!! I love all things chocolate. They are way overrated. Stitch is just awful no rating should be applied to that.

No one has said this yet, so I'm bracing myself here, but...Hall of Presidents. No matter how moderate they try to make it with pretty generic statements about America to avoid sounding like they're on either "side", you always have some guests who feel the need to loudly express their disapproval for certain presidents when all the names are read aloud. It makes it really hard for me to enjoy the attraction. I like it for the air conditioning and relaxation, but it's difficult to relax when people are booing.

Wishes. I realize HEA replaced wishes but the hype about wishes for so long was so confusing to me. And then all the people who were so genuinely sad to see the show leave. I don't get it. I thought Wishes was lame.

This and all the people saying Fantasmic have me just...HOW. I don't understand. Our minds must work very differently. I would literally tear up watching Wishes.

Cinderella's Royal Table without a question. We were so underwhelmed, and all the effort put in just to get in there. Yuck.

I agree with this. I should've listened to all the mediocre reviews before I booked it, but I was so set on having dinner in the castle. It wasn't worth it at all.

But as far as the most overrated thing ever, I have to go with Peter Pan.

..... I also think Peter Pan the movie is awful, but that's another topic entirely.

... Country Bear Jamboree is horrid!
Stop right there, missy!
I've read a lot of traitorous blasphemy on this thread, but you've gone too far! LOL!

I'll go ahead and add my vote for Be Our Guest. We had breakfast, which was fine, but the "amazing theming" was hardly as awe-inspiring as I expected it to be. In fact, it was pretty much what I was hoping it wouldn't be...a cafeteria decorated for a Beauty and the Beast themed prom.

Really? These are two of my favorites, but we spend the entire ride laughing like fools.
Of course I really like Carousel of Progress for the same reason LOL.
Boring, Ellen's Energy Adventure. They should put beds in that place.
Test track to me doesn't do it. I heard all these great reviews about it but wow I think it's boring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter