Inaugural Disney Wine&Dine**1/2 Marathon** Post Race Discussion!

Hi all,

I just wanted to join this thread as I have decided to make the Wine & Dine my first Disney race!
I ran my first 5K last summer and have started training to do a few this year. I am debating over whether to register for the 5K or try to find a partner for the relay.
The good news is I have a room at POFQ booked with Free Dining!

Are there any Wine & Dine logos up for siggy's yet?

I meant to ask, did anyone hear any more details about the 5K at the expo for the marathon? Perhaps the course or at least when the registration is going to open.

I meant to ask, did anyone hear any more details about the 5K at the expo for the marathon? Perhaps the course or at least when the registration is going to open.

From last Thursday's Endurance Series Live Chat:

Katie (Baltimore, MD): When will registration for the Halloween 5K open?

Heather: MIckey's Halloween 5K online registration will open the beginning of February.

Frank,
I think there is a description of the course on the website. No map as of the last time I looked. I think it starts at WWOS and heads to AK before following the second half of the marathon course.

Whoops! Just saw that you were asking about the 5k... My guess is that it would be similar to the Up! and away 5k.

Here is the description you may have already read about. I believe it's a 7am start on the same day as the half so doing both will make for a long day.

Mickey's Halloween 5K Course Description
Race from the Happy Parking Lot toward Magic Kingdom® Park. Run past Tony's Town Square Restaurant onto Main Street, U.S.A.® toward Tomorrowland® where you will run past the Space Mountain® Attraction, under Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress and past Indy Car Motor Speedway. The course will then turn before the Mad Tea Party to run past the Rose Garden and in front of Cinderella Castle. Follow the ghostly lights toward the Haunted Mansion as you race through Liberty Square, past The Hall of Presidents, and then onto Frontierland® and Adventureland®. After you pass the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction you will run backstage to the finish line on West Beach overlooking Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom® Resort Area.

Chris

Thanks guys. Someone mentioned on the podcast board they might have had some more info at the marathon expo and since I wasn't there I thought I'd ask here.

I've officially registered. DD Erin and her friend Jackie will be joining me, doing their first halfs. We are all excited and can't wait!

I'm trying to figure out how to work this one into the budget. It's awfully close to the DL Half -- and I decided I HAD to have the 5th anniversary medal because I got the 5th anniversary Goofy. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes:

The 5K sounds like fun -- and I love Disney this time of year -- but I'd need a roomie. Hummmmm.... Maybe I should consider off-property? That would save me some money, but I fear the hassle of driving into the race(s).

Thinking.... thinking.... thinking....

Well I did it! I registered today...now I just have to find a way to tell DH that I did. lol. :D I'm excited, though and now I have some motivation to stay moving this summer.

I did it! I just signed up for the Wine and Dine today. This will be my first 1/2 marathon. I'm a new, very slow runner so this is going to be quite the challenge. I also signed up for my first 10k this spring to keep me on track with training.

I can't wait!

Welcome Wings!

Signing up for the shorter races certainly helped to keep me on track for my races. I'm now registered and training for my 4th half marathon. I'm not fast by any means, but I'm hoping this will be my fastest yet!

I did it! I just signed up for the Wine and Dine today. This will be my first 1/2 marathon. I'm a new, very slow runner so this is going to be quite the challenge. I also signed up for my first 10k this spring to keep me on track with training.

I can't wait!

Glad you climbed aboard! I'm a walker, so you're faster than me. :goodvibes
It will also be my first 1/2, and I'm really looking forward to it.

So excited to see this thread moving and everyone signing up!!!

I kind of fell to the wayside after my 5K in December....so I am back into my wrkouts..just came in from a long walk outside in the snow.....just not the same as on the TR!!!

I wish they had the "In Training.." shirts for us!!!

Congrats to all who signed up!! WooHOO!

So excited to see this thread moving and everyone signing up!!!

I kind of fell to the wayside after my 5K in December....so I am back into my wrkouts..just came in from a long walk outside in the snow.....just not the same as on the TR!!!

I wish they had the "In Training.." shirts for us!!!

Congrats to all who signed up!! WooHOO!

This is from last month's chat...

Kelley (Aiken, SC): Will there be a "Wine & Dine In Training" shirt offered like there is for Princess and the full marathon? I'm planning on coming and would really like something like that! Thanks

Sarah: Kelley - We hope to offer an in-training shirt for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. We suggest checking the website again in a month or so!

So we do have a chance of getting a shirt....

Just wanted to get on this thread also, I have signed up for the wine and dine, this will be my second Disney half. I ran the 2009 half and swore that I would never run a race again, that lasted for about 2 hours, then I couldn't believe what I just accomplished. It will be very exciting to run through AK at night along with DS and in front of the Beach Club into Epcot. My wife will be purchasing the after race ticket, it was supposed to be available on Feb 1 and now says available on March 1.

Good luck to everyone, I have a goal of under 1:40, my first was 1:46.51.

OK, I signed up for the half and the 5K -- talk about a leap of faith. Now just a few minor details... paying for the room, paying for the gas...

Well, this stuff usually comes together in the end. :wizard:

Count us in! Dh will be running the 1/2 marathon. He's a regular marathon runner (he's run the Disney marathon twice, Disney 1/2 marathon once, Boston Marathon 3 times and the TOT 13K once). The kids and I will be there to cheer him on but also for the MNSSHP and the F&W Festival! We went for the TOT Race in 2008 and fell in love with the whole F&W and MNSSHP! We'll be staying either at the BC CL or YC CL depending on the discounts!

It's a surprise trip for the kids so I won't be putting it in my signature.

All right here I go! Signed up. This is my first anything . . . I figure what more motivation do I need than a trip to Disney? But I'm not a runner so I found some training plans and will try to get started next month. Since at this rate, we're not going to dig out from Snowmaggedon here in Fairfax until then! :)

DH says he'll come to cheer me on and I figure that we can also do MNSSHP for the first time that Friday night - since it doesn't seem like they do them on Sundays?

And - I'm so hoping we can do Poly with the discount - I haven't stayed there in ages!

All right here I go! Signed up. This is my first anything . . . I figure what more motivation do I need than a trip to Disney? But I'm not a runner so I found some training plans and will try to get started next month. Since at this rate, we're not going to dig out from Snowmaggedon here in Fairfax until then! :)

DH says he'll come to cheer me on and I figure that we can also do MNSSHP for the first time that Friday night - since it doesn't seem like they do them on Sundays?

And - I'm so hoping we can do Poly with the discount - I haven't stayed there in ages!

Congratulations on your first! I'm not a runner either, I walk...and Dh cheers me on. I think you'll really enjoy participating at a Disney event. I've done a Minnie 15K, a Food and Wine 10K, and Expedition Everest. All were very fun, but not being a morning person, I'm really excited about doing my first half at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter