Inspired by the "Can I cut in line..etc " thread

Do that many people really pool hop?? I mean we almost always stay at a value and it never even occurred to me to go to another resort just to swim. It seems like way to much work, at least for those of us with kids to get them ready and then changed and then where do you change out of your wet suits and do you carry them around with you then all day or go back to your own resort?? Stresses me out just thinking about it! :laughing:

Do that many people really pool hop?? I mean we almost always stay at a value and it never even occurred to me to go to another resort just to swim. It seems like way to much work, at least for those of us with kids to get them ready and then changed and then where do you change out of your wet suits and do you carry them around with you then all day or go back to your own resort?? Stresses me out just thinking about it! :laughing:

I honestly don;t think people pool hop all that much. Not enough that this is a real issue. Logistically it's just way too much work.
but I would bet the locals find their way into the pools:)

Can you imagine how long the lines would be to get the "free" soda? I wouldn't even waste my Disney time waiting in that line.

Take it to Epcot and fill it at CLub Cool or whatever its called...I see people do this all the time...couple of the sodas are pretty good

But pro-all-Guest. Since your issue has nothing to do with 'too many people in line/antsy kids' (an extremely common objection), next time you go to Walt Disney World, try this experiment at ONE counter service meal: have the whole family get in line; order food; pay for food; obtain food; go get table. You WILL still find a table, easily.

So why does it matter then if you go save a table if you are gonna get one anyway...:confused3

I totally don't get the rule with the land and no strollers, but then having to show your child to the CM at Soarin'. I lucked out the two trips I did this, they believed me and I didn't have to take my DS out of the stroller take him all the way down there and all the way back up and back in the stroller.

This is a rule because can you imagina all the strollers trying to get down the steps or escalator or elavator in the morning at RD...:eek:...and if they allowed them in people would park them on the ramps inside and would cause a traffic jam, especially at busy times...I like this rule personally...I think its a bit of a saftey thing...

I have only glanced through a few threads over several pages here and I knew from the first page until the last page the topic of "pool hopping" was going to be a hot topic. :rotfl2: (for the record, I oppose hopping).

I don't know if this one has been mentioned but I'm going to say it. I can't stand that I show up 30-45 early for a show such as the Festival of the Lion King and get a good spot center stage aisle seat and five minutes before the show CM's are going to ask me and others to slide as far down and make room so that those who come in right at starting time will get center stage aisle seats that I came early for.

Sorry, my fat butt is staying put. They can go around me and slide down into a cramped and middle seat among the pile of humanity. Call me selfish, self centered, unreasonable, pathetic, or simply evil, so be it; I'm still not moving. :rotfl:

:confused3
This is a rule because can you imagina all the strollers trying to get down the steps or escalator or elavator in the morning at RD...:eek:...and if they allowed them in people would park them on the ramps inside and would cause a traffic jam, especially at busy times...I like this rule personally...I think its a bit of a saftey thing...

No No. I think they understand the rule about no stollers. Their question is why, if you are doing a child swap, must you physically bring your child down to Soarin' with you (this comes up a lot as it is hard when a child is sleeping in stroller for parents to wake up child, take them out of stroller, carry them down to Soarin', show the CM, then carry the child back upstairs to put in stroller).
I know some people have taken a pic of themselves with the child on their cell phone for the CM. DOn't know if this always works. It became an issue in the first place because there are a few dishonest people who will lie about having a child for the swap. :confused3

Wow, I joined the Dis because of all the wonderful, helpful information. If this had been the first thread I read on joining, I would have never signed in again. Sometimes there is too much Cruella DeVille and not enough Fairy Godmother! Maybe some need to take a long look in the "Mirror, Mirror on the wall"! I hope everyone has a wonderful magical trip to Disney, filled with pixie dust, and may you never run into anything there that may upset you while in the "Happiest Place in the World".

Hi - I think everyone snipes about the things which affect them personally - we don't stay on site, so don't care about pool hopping.... villa has a nice pool and we pay to go to a water park.

We drink mainly water , so ditto on reusable cups, no preschoolers, ditto strollers and parent swap stuff.

I don't stand on buses - safety - I would wait for the next one if no seating was available, so would not expect to have to stand after waiting longer to be seated....

I hate the "reserve" the table stuff -the lines can be so long that I would finish my food before your guy at the back of the line gets served... Have actually pulled up at a table with 2 seats free (as well as the "reserved" one for their guy in line) -before we had kids - eaten and gone whilst the family were still waiting and tutting about us being on "their" table. I have thick skin- tut all you like, I'm eating hot food.

Also hate the reserve places for parade thing IF it's for a load of adults - last time we went (with kids) we were stood waiting for Block partybash and 2 people were in front of us with a stroller- they were saving places for 9 NINE others - 7 of them adults.... yes that upset me.... we guided our kids to the front (we stayed behind) - but again lots of tutting about "this was our family space - WTH are your kids doing there...." Answer - "getting the same view you are and which they had before all the adults turned up...."

We all get affected by different things....

I also don't like the "unwritten" rule that kids (over toddler age) can use the loo with either sex parent..... a 10 yr old boy in the ladies is not a good thing... especially near the water rides - picture our last trip - stripping off top to change it - as are loads of ladies - and in walks kid WITH FACE FUZZ!! !!! Don't know what the cut off age should be :confused3.

Tessa

We went to Pecos Bill's on Wed.(3/31) and they had the guys there telling you you had to have your food and entire party with you to go in to get a table, not a big deal, my kids and I waited near there, while my husband ordered, and then we all went to sit down together!

Well I hope I'm there when you are! It's not fair for people who don't have anyone to save a table for them while they wait in line. CS is strictly 'first come, first serve'. If you have your food that you stood in line for, you should have a shot at a table before people that don't have their food yet. Simple as that. It really angers me that I can't find a table because they are all being saved by people that don't even have food yet.

As a previous poster pointed out, the rules are for ALL Disney guests, not just for people who are not there with families and/or large groups.

This isn't just a Disney World problem, but a problem eveywhere where similar situations exist.

So why does it matter then if you go save a table if you are gonna get one anyway...:confused3

Because the group who did go through the line together suddenly doesn't have a table to eat eat, even though they have all their food and ready to eat, while someone saves a table for a group that is in line and could be there for 15-20 minutes - enough time for the other group to eat and vacate the table...

Their question is why, if you are doing a child swap, must you physically bring your child down to Soarin' with you (this comes up a lot as it is hard when a child is sleeping in stroller for parents to wake up child, take them out of stroller, carry them down to Soarin', show the CM, then carry the child back upstairs to put in stroller).

It's because Disney has yet to adopt any of the solution that would solve this, because most if not all require paying an extra CM. But if there is one out there doing stroller parking duty anyways, then its not a problem.

The simplest I can think of is this:

There is a CM and a measuring pole outside. You ask this CM for the RS pass. they verify the child (an obviously small child in a stroller doesn't need to be measured), and hand a member of the group an "RS voucher". The group who is riding first go in and present the voucher to the greeter CM, who trades the voucher for an RS pass and verifies that the group enter the line. Problem solved, no abuse.

(an obviously small child in a stroller doesn't need to be measured)

You would think this to be true. I have had to measure my child would was OBVIOUSLY too short to ride. Didn't matter they made us line her up. Which caused a huge disappointment when she wasn't tall enough to ride.

She was not quite 2. Trust me ~ there was no way that the CM thought by looking at her that maybe she could ride.

Why wouldn't I just let her ride if she were tall enough? :confused:

Wow, I joined the Dis because of all the wonderful, helpful information. If this had been the first thread I read on joining, I would have never signed in again. Sometimes there is too much Cruella DeVille and not enough Fairy Godmother! Maybe some need to take a long look in the "Mirror, Mirror on the wall"! I hope everyone has a wonderful magical trip to Disney, filled with pixie dust, and may you never run into anything there that may upset you while in the "Happiest Place in the World".

Sadly, there are a lot of negative posts on this board about almost everything! People are very quick to judge things that really don't have any bearing on their own trip at all, like someone reusing resort mugs or wearing crocs or whatever the pick of the day is. Just don't let it bother you or send you away from what is one of the best planning and information sources for WDW on the web :) pixiedust:

Sadly, there are a lot of negative posts on this board about almost everything! People are very quick to judge things that really don't have any bearing on their own trip at all, like someone reusing resort mugs or wearing crocs or whatever the pick of the day is. Just don't let it bother you or send you away from what is one of the best planning and information sources for WDW on the web :) pixiedust:

ANY publicly-accessible discussion forum will have some measure of negativity. It is unfortunately the nature of such things and has been since the early days of the Internet (I was there when you had to tell your email how to get to the destination... :( )

There are rules-stickers :teacher: and rules-breakers :smokin:. There are pot-stirrers :stir: and wave-breakers :flower3:. There are clowns :clown: and frowns :sad2: and upside-downers :upsidedow.

But in the end, :disrocks:

It won't drive me away, I still seek out the useful information amidst the gripping, complaining, and whining. Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm actually in a Disney community or if I've somehow been stranded on an island full of villians. I will be back in the world in about a week, wearing my peace, love, Mickey Mouse shirt. May the peace and love spread among our community of DIS, find acceptance in your hearts for the mug reusers, the pool hoppers, the line jumpers/returning to line from potty breaks, and the table reservers. Everyone sees Disney in a different way on their trips, I think it's up to us to show the tolerance, love, peace and acceptance that the wonderful cast members show us. Many learn by observation and gentle discussions. I know on this trip, that I will smile when people stop in front of me, they don't realize that they have stopped traffic, I will move out of the way of commando EVC's and strollers, I will guide my granddaughters stroller with care of those around me, I will always give my seat up to an elderly person, a handicap person, or the tired parent holding on to that precious baby because they were too tired to wait for the next bus, and if you see someone smiling silly at the people who make you mad, wave, I'll be the one smiling standing nearby.

Peace!

ANY publicly-accessible discussion forum will have some measure of negativity. It is unfortunately the nature of such things and has been since the early days of the Internet (I was there when you had to tell your email how to get to the destination... :( )

So was I. I have forgotten so much Unix it left a big hole in my head for new-fangled things like Window and Mac OSX ;) Things have come a long, long way. Thank goodness!

I know that is true that there has always been negativity (Usenet was often brutal!), but it still seems like it could be a little nicer in here since everyone here is a fan of the Happiest Place on Earth. Some of the things that incite riots are pretty silly (people wearing crocs comes to mind!) :goodvibes

There are rules-stickers :teacher: and rules-breakers :smokin:. There are pot-stirrers :stir: and wave-breakers :flower3:. There are clowns :clown: and frowns :sad2: and upside-downers :upsidedow.

But in the end, :disrocks:

Agreed. That's why I told her not to be discouraged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter