INTERNET

vadersprincess12

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone ~ wondering how the internet service works aboard Disney cruises. We've sailed Disney before but never gotten an internet package. Don't stream or anything, just like to check social media and play a game on my cell phone during down time. Anyone know how the packages work and the cost?

They are not cheap. There are different packages that you can purchase. I do not have the current prices but they should be available somewhere at the DCL site. Service is spotty.

MJ

Thank you. Not a techy ~ any idea of which package would be best for a 4 night cruise to use FB and play games?

I'll be honest. I did a 4 night in January and had the 50mb free package...I was barely able to do anything before I ran out - basically logged on once per day and it ate through 10mb in a few minutes (although I didn't do a very good job of shutting down data leaks like I did last time). Make sure you do all of the things they say to shut off excess data access. But, I can't say how much data you'd really need. At least make sure you get the free 50mb the first day.

I purchased 2x 300mb packages on our recent 14 night cruise
It's $89 and I used them for work emails and check the news/twitter. Was barely enough. 300mb goes really fast when sending email attachments and reading a couple of news websites every day

If it's just for fb and games for 4 days you should be good with one 300mb package.
also, it's really slow but it does the job if you absolutely need internet access.

If you Google
10 Steps to Conserve Wi-Fi On Your Disney Cruise
you will find some helpful suggestions.

Unfortunately not an option for some of us with significant work responsibilities. Otherwise, I'd love to just toss the damned thing overboard!
I have the same issues on some cruises but there is so much to do onboard I think checking FB and playing games takes away enjoying what's going on around you. Again my opinion but I also remember when cell phones were useless on a cruise and we just locked them away in the safe. Miss those days.

I purchased 2x 300mb packages on our recent 14 night cruise
It's $89 and I used them for work emails and check the news/twitter. Was barely enough. 300mb goes really fast when sending email attachments and reading a couple of news websites every day

If it's just for fb and games for 4 days you should be good with one 300mb package.
also, it's really slow but it does the job if you absolutely need internet access.
Did the prices jump that "HIGH"? it was $89 for 1,000 MB in February the 300 was $39

Facebook burns through data pretty quick because of all the photos that load. I would definitely get the largest package if FB is important to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter