• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Introductions are in order

GA WDW Fan

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

Thought I finally stop lurking and start posting a bit to these boards. Brief(?) introduction. My wife (Lynn) and I (Ron) have been traveling to Disney for many years. Got our kids hooked and they still visit with their spouses…no grandchildren yet ☹. After staying in the cabins a couple of times, we fell in love with the fort. I had camped as child in a popup with my family and finally convinced my wife to give it a try in a rented camper. After 3 good rental experiences with Meacham's RVs, we decided to take the plunge and buy our own RV. In 2018 we purchased a 2019 Crossroads Zinger 280RK. Since then we’ve camped at the Fort an additional 4 times: 10/18, 7/19, 10/19, 10/20. We cancelled a trip in June of 2020 due to Covid. While we have really enjoyed the fort around Halloween, we’ve decided to switch it up this year and go during the Christmas season. Our next fort reservation is for 12/4 – 12/18/2021. We may try for another trip sooner, but decided we wanted to try some shorter trips closer to home this year as well.

That leads into my other reason for leaving my lurking and starting to post. This is such a great community of people that we have decided to jump in on the Pigeon Forge trip this year; assuming newbies are welcome (new to camping and posting here but not new to Disney). We came close to joining the party last October at the Fort but our reservation started right after everyone was leaving (we checked in on 10/17). Hope to introduce ourselves to everyone in June!

Some pics from our Fort stay in October of 2020. Site 1739

GA WDW Fan,

:welcome: to the DIS Camping Board :disrocks:

Glad to have you posting on the boards. You sound like a seasoned veteran already with your three trial rentals and subsequent trips of your own.

We were all newbies at one time in the past so we understand where you are coming from. Don't be afraid to josh me and I might just josh you back.

It would help us know your college football persuasion (if any) - GA Bulldogs or something else? Braves? Falcons?

We're happy to have you join us at Pigeon Forge. Make sure you post your dates and site number over there in the thread tiggerdad started (if you haven't already). I found that the best part of the October DISMeet (besides the morning puzzle time of course) was the conversation in the evenings at someone's site.

See ya 'round the board.

Bama Ed

PS - that looks like a Chevy truck in front of your trailer in the pics. Tell us what you pull with. The Ford guys will want to know...
IconCool_zpsusdsvwyx.gif

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

To answer a few questions...

We are located in Conyers; just east of Atlanta.
Georgia Tech and ACC fan. I can hear the SEC fans snickering already.
Partial to Atlanta United as well.
Truck is a 2019 Chevy 2500 HD LTZ. We had a 1500 when we bought the RV. Was within the tow limits but the 2500 diesel tows so much better. Plus now I won't be nervous about going places that aren't as flat as the drive to Florida.
We do have our reservations for Pigeon Forge. I'll go post dates and site there shortly.

Looking forward to June!
Ron

Welcome Ron (and Lynn),

I'm a little late to this party. That will teach me to spend all day driving home from NC. Nice looking camper. I had a Crossroads Cruiser for 12 years before I moved on. Looking forward to meeting you in June.

j

As Ed said, we were all newbies at one time.

Welcome to the camping forum.

Don't worry, no snickering from this SEC fan.

I saw your post on the Pigeon Forge thread and I'll get you added to the list as soon as I can. Hate we missed you in October. That seems to be your preferred time to go, ours as well.

Glad to have you along!

Welcome! I left the Fort on the 19th so would have had a couple of overlap days.
I'm always in awe of other people's sites. I pretty much just park, hook up electric, water and sewer and am done. I did have the awning out in October to keep the cart dry in case of rain. Actually not the cart as much as the charger. Anyway, TMI! Ha..

Welcome!!! We won't get to see you in June, the family wanted to keep our plan for our 3rd attempt of a beach trip. Though we love the Fort and will be back in July 2021 if all goes well.

Look forward to crossing paths at some point!

Welcome, Always good to have more people, even better when they are from GA too. NW of Atlanta here.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter