• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

iOS 7 Now Available

soccercruiser87

Teen Board Moderator
Just checked for the update and noticed it's now available and I'm currently downloading it. I'm curious to see how the new appearance and new iOS will be. :)

Can I download it from my phone or do I need to do it via iTunes?

Can't wait to hear how you like it!

I want to download, but it requires Wi-fi, and we dont' have Wifi at work :-(!!!
I have heard a lot of people getting error messages. I hope they have it working better when I get home.

Can I download it from my phone or do I need to do it via iTunes?

Can't wait to hear how you like it!

You download it from your phone under software update. I'm trying to download it again because I got an error message the first time..

You download it from your phone under software update. I'm trying to download it again because I got an error message the first time..

Same thing happened to me, started downloading it the first time and then got an error message. I had to restart my phone in order to try and download it again. The second time I'm having better luck, almost done downloading.

My office manager got a message that she needs to delete some stuff to make room for it.

It's installing now, 1st download attempt didn't go through, I just tried it again and it worked. I leave for work in about an hour so I should have some time to get used to the new system :)

I had to make room for the new upgrade by deleting some of my seldom used apps so note to me: Bigger iphone storage next time. But anyhoo, I'll have to wait till I get home because it requires wifi and I don't have the password to connect here at work.

I don't have it yet, but my friend has a beta of it and it is very weird. I've never had an Android but I've heard people say it's like one. Which makes no sense to me, since everything Android does is a step behind Apple. So why is Apple making things look like Android? They're a leader, not a follower. Well we'll see. It's so, so different.

It finished installing and all I have to say is that it is different, it is going to take some time to get used to it. Also, just tried connecting my phone to iTunes and it says that the iPhone cannot be used because it requires iTunes version 11.1 or later and to go to the apple website to download the latest version. However, the latest version available for download is 11.0.5. I'm very surprised Apple would release an iOS not compatible with iTunes, or at least release the iOS when the needed iTunes version is out.

**EDIT, I just checked the Apple website again and they have updated the iTunes version to 11.1.

I don't have it yet, but my friend has a beta of it and it is very weird. I've never had an Android but I've heard people say it's like one. Which makes no sense to me, since everything Android does is a step behind Apple. So why is Apple making things look like Android? They're a leader, not a follower. Well we'll see. It's so, so different.

android? it doesnt look very android to me... :| can u explain?

I don't get that comparison either. It's different and it's going to take some getting used but it's not really Droid like in my book.:confused3

Doesn't look Android like to me. True, Android looks like iOS to a certain extent, but iOS 7 to me looks like the old iOS but upgraded with some swish effects and a more uniform design philosophy.

ios-7-diff02.jpg

I can't, because like I said I've never had an Android. It's just what people who have had Androids and have seen the new ios7 are telling me. Could be totally wrong.

It definitely seems more complicated to me. I'm about to go home for lunch so I'll download it then. How are we supposed to know all the new fun things? Is there a handbook of sorts somewhere?

Did you back up your pictures before installing the update? I want to install the update, but we are headed to WDW and I can't back them up until Monday when we get home. I'm afraid I'm going to lose my pics during the install.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter