iPhone settings for running(NRC)

Tymeece

Memphis Mouse
I will be running in the upcoming Marathin and was curious if anyone has certain settings on their iPhone to keep battery life? I use Nike Run Club to track and will have music with my Shokz. Let me know if there are certain setting someone uses to decrease battery usage.

There’s a few things that come to mind that you could do to increase battery life
  1. Use low power mode. This will keep background apps from refreshing but I don’t think it will impact your active apps. You may want to give it a test run 😅
  2. Download the music to your phone so it’s not trying to use the cell connection. This will help even if you choose not to follow #3.
  3. Turn off the cellular data connection. You can still use gps so I assume NRC will still work but another thing to give a test run.

I find that using an Apple Watch with my phone was draining the battery really fast, I can’t say if Shokz bluetooth connection would do the same.

If it is really cold, try to keep your phone warm.

Try not to use your phone too much while waiting in the corrals.

If the brightness of the display can be turned down while still being visible, great.

I ran 6 marathons with NRC and Strava running, plus I took pictures, and never had a problem with battery.

There’s a few things that come to mind that you could do to increase battery life
  1. Use low power mode. This will keep background apps from refreshing but I don’t think it will impact your active apps. You may want to give it a test run 😅
  2. Download the music to your phone so it’s not trying to use the cell connection. This will help even if you choose not to follow #3.
  3. Turn off the cellular data connection. You can still use gps so I assume NRC will still work but another thing to give a test run.
That reminds me, make sure that the auto-pause is off for a race.

Low Power mode and reduced cell downloads can help, test them first to be sure NRC still measures the way you are used to. I vaguely remember something becoming finicky in the Low Power mode.

You might loose a lot of accuracy if you turn cellular connection off.

I turn off WiFi, but leave cellular on. I also turn off "always-on display". (I do both of those for my Apple Watch as well.)

In addition, I have an Apple MagSafe battery pack that I use only for longer distances. It works great and doesn't add much weight or bulk, if you can still find them.

I'm more worried about my Apple Watch battery. I usually run with just the watch and some wireless headphones, and that will last through the half, but I don't think it will last an entire marathon. I've been told that keeping my phone with me will cut down on the watch's battery use since the watch won't be on cellular and the headphones/music will be coming from the phone. I didn't think to worry about the phone's battery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter