Is anyone else worried about opening up again

Most yes not all. I work for a large grocery store and make very good money. I am just a regular worker.

But you're in Canada, right? :)

Even here in the US, many grocery store workers can make decent money, maybe not immediately upon hiring. My mom, 3 aunts, an uncle and a cousin all work or retired from Kroger. One aunt even raised a daughter as a single mother working for Kroger. My mom only left when she did due to a buyout offer and my sister having a major surgery that would have had my mom taking a leave of absence for 3-6 months.

Even here in the US, many grocery store workers can make decent money, maybe not immediately upon hiring. My mom, 3 aunts, an uncle and a cousin all work or retired from Kroger. One aunt even raised a daughter as a single mother working for Kroger. My mom only left when she did due to a buyout offer and my sister having a major surgery that would have had my mom taking a leave of absence for 3-6 months.
I am in NJ and my boys have many friends who work in grocery stores. They all make less than $13/hr. They live at home with their parents, so they are not hurting, but most people in these stores do not make a living wage in NJ.

I'm not waiting for a cure or a vaccine. I'm waiting for an effective treatment. I wouldn't be so terrified of getting this if I knew that there were proven and effective treatments. Until then I will continue to WFH, social distance and wear a mask when I must go out, and wash, wash, wash.
What? You don't have Lysol at home? Windex perhaps?

Why is it depressing? Its fact, death is part of life and yes when it is our time to go it is, no one knows what date that may be so can't live in fear of it and enjoy the days we have been given.

We can, if we follow the ramblings of lunatics do stuff to hasten the day.

7AB6DE7A-58AD-46C8-903C-BCBDF259805E.jpeg

We can't wait for a vaccine, but we can wait until we have adequate testing available.

That’s where my head is at. I can’t open work locations only to close them every time someone tests positive. It’s not good for business.

I’m pretty much following the NY governor. He wants to test trace and isolate. That makes the most sense. That will reduce the chance of infected employees coming to work. However, it won’t change American culture where employees show up no matter what.

We tend to say people are heros, but not honor them until they are dead.
I saw a FB thread from one of the "essential" unions that said essentially that - paraphrased - don't call us heroes because doing so just makes you feel better knowing that we are disposable. We are not heroes, but we are also not disposable.

What if a vaccine doesn't happen until summer 2021 (so another 12 months)? Keep the lockdowns going? What if we NEVER get a vaccine (very possible)? Keep the lockdowns?

And no, I'm not saying open everything next week or even next month. But I do want to know from those who say "wait for a vaccine", how long do you wait?

The vaccine will help with herd immunity. I have people on here saying literally let people die bc it helps the population. I want the numbers to be going down and for a decent period of time at least. We need antibody tests. We need the right amount of supplies. We need more testing for the virus itself. Some states maybe can open before others but what I do not want is to just open bc it was flat for 2 weeks in high hit areas like where I live. I'm no expert but it seems insane to me. Like I read from another poster, leave it to the experts to decide, and not politicians that tell us to inject disinfectant. I live in a very high area and I do not see numbers going down. My little village where I live in the suburbs is going up. Maybe slower but still going up. On top of that, still many not getting tests.

Last edited:
The vaccine will help with herd immunity. I have people on here saying literally let people die bc it helps the population. I want the numbers to be going down and for a decent period of time at least. We need antibody tests. We need the right amount of supplies. We need more testing for the virus itself. Some states maybe can open before others but what I do not want is to just open bc it was flat for 2 weeks in high hit areas like where I live. I'm no expert but it seems insane to me. Like I read from another poster, leave it to the experts to decide, and not politicians that tell us to inject disinfectant. I live in a very high area and I do not see numbers going down. My little village where I live in the suburbs is going up. Maybe slower but still going up. On top of that, still many not getting tests.
Yes, a vaccine will help with herd immunity. BUT, what if the vaccine isn't available until next year? What if it's never available? How long are you willing to wait to see if numbers go down and how long do they need to go down for? What if the numbers stay flat for two months? Six months? A year? It seems insane to me to wait a year before opening everything back up.

You do know a vaccine may NEVER happen, right?

I’m definitely worried about reopening. There’s a big rally going on in Madison, Wisconsin today but at the same time our case number increases have been the highest they’ve been so far the past 3 days. Nowhere near the level of the biggest hot spots, but concerning that they’re going up.

Yes, a vaccine will help with herd immunity. BUT, what if the vaccine isn't available until next year? What if it's never available? How long are you willing to wait to see if numbers go down and how long do they need to go down for? What if the numbers stay flat for two months? Six months? A year? It seems insane to me to wait a year before opening everything back up.

You do know a vaccine may NEVER happen, right?

I have heard no expert say we may never get a vaccine. Do not put words in my mouth either. Just read my last post do not feel like re saying what I already said. I'll just say this again, leave it to the experts and not politicians who tell us to inject disinfectants or uneducated people on social media.

I have heard no expert say we may never get a vaccine.
Has an expert said we WOULD have a vaccine?
Do not put words in my mouth either.
I'm curious what words did I put in your mouth? I agreed with you that a vaccine will help with herd immunity, then asked you a bunch of questions based on your previous response. You said you thought it was "insane" opening after two weeks of "flat" numbers. So I said I find it insane to wait under lockdown a year (if not longer).

Just read my last post do not feel like re saying what I already said. I'll just say this again, leave it to the experts and not politicians who tell us to inject disinfectants or uneducated people on social media.
1) The bolded struck me as funny.
2) Please show where I said you should listen to politicians or social media. How about YOU don't put words in MY mouth?

I was weak.

My haircut feels so good though!

If I end up dead from Corona you are all welcome to come and kick my corpse and yell I told you so.

As for how it worked.

I checked in using the Great Clips app. Said the wait was 111 minutes. I hung out at home until it said the wait was 20 minutes. Drove to Great Clips and found I was 5th on the list. They had two sylists working, three chairs in the waiting room spaced at least 6 feet apart, and three chairs outside spaced at least 6 feet apart. I waited outside until they came and got me. When I got to the chair it was still wet with disinfectant of some sort. The cape they used for me was taken out of a sealed plastic bag as they were not reusing them between customers. The stylist wore a mask but I did not. Ten minutes later I paid and left. I drove home and washed my hands.

Did I mention how great my head feels with a fresh haircut?

I was weak.

My haircut feels so good though!

If I end up dead from Corona you are all welcome to come and kick my corpse and yell I told you so.

As for how it worked.

I checked in using the Great Clips app. Said the wait was 111 minutes. I hung out at home until it said the wait was 20 minutes. Drove to Great Clips and found I was 5th on the list. They had two sylists working, three chairs in the waiting room spaced at least 6 feet apart, and three chairs outside spaced at least 6 feet apart. I waited outside until they came and got me. When I got to the chair it was still wet with disinfectant of some sort. The cape they used for me was taken out of a sealed plastic bag as they were not reusing them between customers. The stylist wore a mask but I did not. Ten minutes later I paid and left. I drove home and washed my hands.

Did I mention how great my head feels with a fresh haircut?

🏅

I’m definitely worried about reopening. There’s a big rally going on in Madison, Wisconsin today but at the same time our case number increases have been the highest they’ve been so far the past 3 days. Nowhere near the level of the biggest hot spots, but concerning that they’re going up.
I'd guesstimate there's 500-700 people there, not a large gathering by any means. They're still idiots, though.

The Farmer's Market has more people. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter