Is anyone else worried about opening up again

No, I’m very pragmatic about this. My husband calls it lacking compassion, but what have you. Objectively, if I died, or my mother, or my children, it’s not a tragedy. Personally, I would be devastated, but the truth is if we died from this it’s because our bodies couldn’t fight off the virus at that time. I could also get skin cancer from going to the beach or hit by a car while running, but I stll do those things. I take precautions of course, but not to the extreme of not living life.

And we as compassionate intelligent people do what we can to survive, not do things that harm ourselves or others out of stupidity or thoughtlessness.

Well stated. We need to in the best way possible work towards herd immunity, which will even help when/IF a vaccine comes because then we can focus the first round of dosages to the vulnerable and ones that never got it (since by then hopefully the anti body testing will be better), its gonna take a long time to vaccinate everyone.

That isn't what that person said, they don't seem to care about when we get a vaccine or who gets killed. In fact they say so, we need to decrease the surplus population. Yes when we get a vaccine we will get herd immunity, until then we do what we can to protect all.

The people who have to decide whether states open or close are screwed either way. They’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

People are going to die directly from covid.

People are going to die because of covid. (No money for foo or housing, job loss which will lead to poverty which in turn kills people, lack of healthcare, child abuse, domestic violence)

I don’t envy those making the decisions.

Why is it depressing? Its fact, death is part of life and yes when it is our time to go it is, no one knows what date that may be so can't live in fear of it and enjoy the days we have been given.

But let’s not speed it up. I’m in no rush to go.

I’m in no rush to go either but I don’t want to stop living because I might die. That goes with anything, not just the virus.

I don’t agree with how GA is opening up either.

There has to be a happy medium somewhere.
My situation is different - I am in almost no danger from this, but my wife has several comorbidities so is at great risk. For myself, I would be willing to take risks to keep "living". But because of my wife's risk, I recognize just how dangerous to the rest of the world that would be. And, to be clear, without my wife, my life would never be the same - I would never be the same.

So, for me, I would rather live with my wife in isolation for the rest of my life than "live" without her.

I’m trying to imagine how this would work in my area......
Churches would happen in parking lots and restaurants would serve customers sitting on the streets.
Eh, I don’t know how that would be feasible.
Many of the restaurants around me, both table service and fast food, have outdoor seating.

And Churches around here often perform outdoor Easter sunrise services.

If the openings can provide a sense of normalcy and an income stream at what appears to be an extremely low risk, seems likes a something worth trying.

I’m in no rush to go either but I don’t want to stop living because I might die. That goes with anything, not just the virus.

I don’t agree with how GA is opening up either.

There has to be a happy medium somewhere.

I haven’t stopped living. I just watch Netflix instead of going to a movie theatre. And I get take out if I don’t want to cook. The only thing that really sucks for me is closed campgrounds and trails. But I still get exercise on my treadmill.

I haven’t stopped living. I just watch Netflix instead of going to a movie theatre. And I get take out if I don’t want to cook. The only thing that really sucks for me is closed campgrounds and trails. But I still get exercise on my treadmill.

My family and friends are a huge part of my life. FaceTime isn’t the same. So a lot of my living has stopped.

You understand that we're a vast country, full of different people and circumstances, right? And that what works for you doesn't work for everyone, right?

My situation is different - I am in almost no danger from this, but my wife has several comorbidities so is at great risk. For myself, I would be willing to take risks to keep "living". But because of my wife's risk, I recognize just how dangerous to the rest of the world that would be. And, to be clear, without my wife, my life would never be the same - I would never be the same.

So, for me, I would rather live with my wife in isolation for the rest of my life than "live" without her.

I understand completely. And when things Do eventually open up people have a choice to avoid going out.

But isn’t this really about being selfish and throwing the at risk population to wolves? That really doesn’t work for me.

So the people who can’t work from home and who have lost their jobs And can’t afford to eat or pay their rent should be thrown to the wolves?

Either way some group is being screwed in all of this.

I understand completely. And when things Do eventually open up people have a choice to avoid going out.
Yeah, we are lucky. I can work from home 95% of the time, and self-quarantine for a few weeks when I have to go out if this drags out for a long time.

But I consider my wife - her chances of surviving would drop precipitously if she didn't have me to protect her from the risk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter