Is DCL doing away with formal night "dress up optional" on shorter cruises

I don’t like to dress up, but don’t mind formal nights doing it. I conform; if Disney tells me it is formal night, I slap a tie on me and my son and my wife is happy with pictures. If there is no “formal night” on a scheduled cruise, those items don’t make it into my luggage. If it is formal night and others don’t dress up, I don’t care. But I am not the guy to wear a tie on non-formal night just because I can. I need a push...

I agree, there is something special about a formal (or even semi-formal) night where everybody is dressed up. It's not the same if you're one of the few dressed up and everyone else is in casual wear. Having said that, when we take a 3 or 4 night cruise tacked on to a WDW vacation I don't want to have to bring dressy clothes just for one dinner (in addition to our cruise and parks wear). We like to travel without too much luggage. But there is only one formal night (based on what is showing up on the 2016 Navigators) on our upcoming 10 night cruise and that seems odd to me.
We did the 11-night WBTAs in 2015 and 2016. Only one formal night on each of these, although we went formal a second time for our Palo dinner. I anticipate two formal nights on our upcoming EBPC. That means I can wear my tux three times. I’m slowly amortizing the cost of buying that outfit :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter