Is FOP still a tough FP at 60 days?

There hasn't been anything honest since the FP+ debacle. Star Wars is going a nightmare on steroids. I guess I'll have to book a 10 day trip and hope that is enough. :)

But I wouldn't be surprised if Star Wars Land was connected to some kind of additional pay more to play scheme. At least for shorter wait times. For othered, there is always standby. That is what guest services told me for FoP in October. I friend posted last night that the FoP standby waits were 270 minutes!o_O
True. True. True.

So... what I'm getting from this is, being off site and at 30 days out I stand more chance of sprouting wings and flying myself to Orlando.
Yes for FoP. I have an AP so I was playing with options leading up to my 60 day window. Frozen and Mine train are also very limited at 30 days.

Navi River Journey is not much a problem though - for good reason. It's not much of an attraction.

FoP is truly one of the best rides I have been on, it's worth trying Rope Drop. But waiting until park closes has not been smart. Average waits I have seen in the last few weeks is 130-180 minutes. With the 270 last night.

I haven't tried Rope Drop yet. But I will have to in October, because 60+4 couldn't net me FoP FP.

Just got FOP for 4 people 53 days out. Keep
Trying to modify. You don't have to spend all day on it either-just try again when you find yourself having a moment.
I can't say I'm not thrilled!

October hours now open to 8pm. Many FOP FPs are available. Got three more so we now have our six FPs for around 6:30 PM. No ROL on the schedule yet. I assume if they schedule ROL at 7:45 PM, and we hit FOP at 6:30, we will have plenty of time to get to ROL, yes?

I was just able to get FOP fast passes for days 7 and 5 of our trip, but day 3 was also available!

We go in 8 days and I had no trouble getting them at 60. I got them for all 3 days we're going to AK and I had a decent choice of times for each. I surprised people are still saying it's an issue.

I wanted to let you know that there is still hope. It's my fastpass day today and I leave on the 30th October so have just looked at availability. There are times every hour from 9:25am up to 6:50pm

October hours now open to 8pm. Many FOP FPs are available. Got three more so we now have our six FPs for around 6:30 PM. No ROL on the schedule yet. I assume if they schedule ROL at 7:45 PM, and we hit FOP at 6:30, we will have plenty of time to get to ROL, yes?

I'm hoping this is a yes as well. I was able to get a 6:35 fop this morning for my day. But I have a dining package at Tiffins at 4:30, so I should have a guaranteed seat for RoL as long as I tap in at the beginning of my window. I'm hoping dinner is doable also in the two hour timeframe because I've read Tiffins isn't a rushed experience.

In any case, I'm still inclined to keep checking back for an earlier FP time. It's still a relief to not have to be worried about keeping up with the ropedrop crowd in the morning.

We go in 8 days and I had no trouble getting them at 60. I got them for all 3 days we're going to AK and I had a decent choice of times for each. I surprised people are still saying it's an issue.

Not quite the same thing. You had park hours open until 9:00 pm. That meant there about 2000 additional Fastpasses for FoP. Plus less crowded in September. In October the hours are reduced and crowds more intense.

Not quite the same thing. You had park hours open until 9:00 pm. That meant there about 2000 additional Fastpasses for FoP. Plus less crowded in September. In October the hours are reduced and crowds more intense.

FOP was a pretty easy get this morning as I made my fast passes. We have a 9 day trip, but there were passes available as early as our day 3. :)

We actually had no problems getting anything!

I was able to grab Fastpasses for all of my crew today - 12 people on a different day than planned. It meant changing every other Fastpass I had. But at least I can experience Pandora at night. This system is a lot of work. I'm a professional Disney goer, I wonder how other less experienced keep up?

FOP was a pretty easy get this morning as I made my fast passes. We have a 9 day trip, but there were passes available as early as our day 3. :)

Probably because hours in October were finally extended yesterday.
I was able to grab Fastpasses for all of my crew today - 12 people on a different day than planned. It meant changing every other Fastpass I had. But at least I can experience Pandora at night. This system is a lot of work. I'm a professional Disney goer, I wonder how other less experienced keep up?
Glad you got some finally!

Isn't this FP+ great? So easy, and now you can just sleep in on your park day. :p

One reason is because Disney just expanded park hours yesterday and the system was flooded with new options today.

Other than FoP there aren't any problems getting FP at the 60 day mark. Sometimes I have trouble getting evening passes that I want in MK.

River of Lights shows were added too. More options. I'm just thrilled I can ride Everest at night.

Glad you got some finally!

Isn't this FP+ great? So easy, and now you can just sleep in on your park day. :p

It's crazy! I wouldn't call it stressful, because none of this is really that important, but I would call it irritating and a huge waste of time. But if you are dragging a dozen of people to Disney and trying to shield them all from craziness - you got to do it.

My traveling group is treating me to a nice Jiko dinner for my efforts. So there is that! :)

It's like a freaking full time job though.

This post was extremely helpful. Thank you for posting. You helped make my trip 100% better.

You will be able to get to River of Lights with no problems.

One reason is because Disney just expanded park hours yesterday and the system was flooded with new options today.

Other than FoP there aren't any problems getting FP at the 60 day mark. Sometimes I have trouble getting evening passes that I want in MK.

I guess - but the times were morning and afternoon so not sure how being open an hour later would make a difference?

But I don't care, got 'em!

I guess - but the times were morning and afternoon so not sure how being open an hour later would make a difference?

But I don't care, got 'em!
More people choosing later times to see Pandora at night since the option was there. Just more FPs in the pot each day.

Glad you got them however it happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter