Is Getting "Stuck" in the US still a risk with current Ontario COVID regulations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gryphon3261

Obscure Disney History Aficionado
Hi there :)

Apologies if this is answered somewhere else, but I'm struggling to keep up with all the constantly changing COVID rules and hoping for some insight about what would currently happen in the worst-case scenario where your party flies down to Disney from Canada and someone gets a positive COVID test during your trip. Has anyone had this experience? If so, what was the result? I assume you can't get on your flight, so are you stuck in Florida until you can test negative and get on a flight? Is driving yourself back a feasible alternate possibility should the worst happen? I know that things could certainly change between now and May but I'd love to hear about what some Canadians' recent experiences have been like regarding COVID testing and Disney trips...perhaps no one is really even getting infected at Disney anyways these days and I'm worrying for nothing but frankly all these reports of huge crowds have me assuming there's some real risk there.

For reference, we are going first week of May and are from Ontario (flying in and out of Pearson). Ultimately we're all accepting the COVID risk by going on the trip and we know that, but one in my party has something important going on back in Ontario about 3 weeks after we get back and I'd love to reassure her that even if one of us unluckily catches COVID in Disney she'll still be able to get back in time....

As of now, you can travel back to Canada 11 days after your positive test. You do not need to test again until negative. You may want to look into the COVID insurance from Manulife that provides 200$ per person per day if you need to isolate.

Even scarier for me at the moment is testing positive on the way TO the USA ... we leave in 21 days and I want to wrap my kids in bubble wrap!!

As of now, you can travel back to Canada 11 days after your positive test. You do not need to test again until negative.

Even scarier for me at the moment is testing positive on the way TO the USA ... we leave in 21 days and I want to wrap my kids in bubble wrap!!
Thanks for your quick reply- that's really good to hear at least! But I definitely know the bubble-wrap feeling...we definitely have some paranoia about getting to go in the first place too...(Here's hoping you and your family all stay nice and COVID-free and get to enjoy a lovely trip :) )
For returning 11 days post-positive, are you able to fly or is that only for driving across the border?

Thanks for your quick reply- that's really good to hear at least! But I definitely know the bubble-wrap feeling...we definitely have some paranoia about getting to go in the first place too...(Here's hoping you and your family all stay nice and COVID-free and get to enjoy a lovely trip :) )
For returning 11 days post-positive, are you able to fly or is that only for driving across the border?
You can fly with proof of a positive (molecular) test between 11-180 days.

If you do happen to catch COVID between now and then, be sure to shell out the money for a PCR and then you can travel stress free (testing wise, at least).

You can fly with proof of a positive (molecular) test between 11-180 days.

If you do happen to catch COVID between now and then, be sure to shell out the money for a PCR and then you can travel stress free (testing wise, at least).
oooh that's a great tip!! Definitely will do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter