• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Hollywood & Vine that bad?

I honestly can't people are saying they not only like this place but LOVE it! It's complete and utter trash, IMO.

To people who like this place, have you ever been to eat at Aninal Kingdom Lodge or the Poly or the Grand? There's so much great food at WDW that I just don't get how anyone can love this trashy buffet.

I honestly can't people are saying they not only like this place but LOVE it! It's complete and utter trash, IMO.

To people who like this place, have you ever been to eat at Aninal Kingdom Lodge or the Poly or the Grand? There's so much great food at WDW that I just don't get how anyone can love this trashy buffet.

yes, I've eaten at all of those. I've eaten at almost every restaurant on property. For a few years, I told people to avoid H&V (i'm a TA), but the past 2 trips, it has ended up being one of my favorite meals. last week they had fried shrimp and shrimp/lobster mac & cheese that was very good (and also shrimp cocktail) and also a couple of the salads were delicious (a broccoli one and a strawberry one). I wish Icould remember what else I got....all the meals are running together in my mind now. i really need to start taking pics of my food. But, I know I went up like 4-5x (just to the food, not the dessert). I would not consider the food "trashy"....being from New England, I am used to only the best seafood and all the shrimp dishes were very good.

At Tusker hOuse, I would have left hungry were it not for all the good desserts. the only thing I really liked was the mealie pap but there's only so much of that you can eat, lol.

We enjoyed our past two dinners there in 2016 and 2017, previously we ate breakfast there in 2009 and it was so bad I swore I would never go back. The Fantasmic! Dining packages with Minnie and gang in their Christmas gear brought us back last holiday season for dinner and we loved it. It's a must do for us now.

Yes! Same here! we originally went for breakfast around that time too, and I swore it off and told everyone to avoid it. But I went back for the same reason - F! package + Christmas theme, and loved it. And loved it again last week. It is one i will book every trip from now on - the F! tickets, the seasonal theming plus the food makes it a no brainer for us.

WEnt twice during our trip and it was the BEST ever. When disney jr was still at lunch we decided to go there too (had done dinner and was in loooove with the food and the atmosphere). They spent so much time with our table my 2 year old was in HEAVEN. She loves her Disney jr crew.
Makes me sad that they are only breakfast now :(

This was may 2017

As with most buffets, the food isn't spectacular. Compared to the other buffets - Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, etc, I found it to be not as good. My wife is not a fan.

We ate there on our last trip for dinner. I didn't like it. The food was just ok, the atmosphere was a little crazy, and the restaurant was not very clean. It felt like I was eating in a cafeteria.

curious if it is really that bad.

1) BAD is a pretty subjective term.
2) Our reviews:
Our Ratings of Hollywood and Vine Buffet: (*rev 2/11/2017*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: D
. . . staff attentiveness: D
. . . character interaction: B
Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Peel-and-Eat-Shrimp
. . . entree:.. Carved Turkey Breast
. . . dessert:. Soft-serve Ice Cream
NOTE: H&V had previously been an eatery-of-choice for Studio guests. But, *possibly* due to DDP and reduction in tips, the food selection/quality suffered significantly. We found it badly kept, and with less than hospitable CM's. The character interaction for the kiddies is pretty good. But, as with any Character Meal, you go for the characters and not the food quality . . . and this is no exception.

NOTE2: Some people have reported dirty-soiled-messy buffet areas. Although we have not seen such, personally, we do trust the opinion of the folks who have mentinend it. Take this as a grain-of-salt comment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter