luv2nascar

<font color=purple>You're a wizard Harry. And a th
with the new FT rates we are considering going in Oct
baby would be 3-4 months old & DD would be 8
I would only consider staying on the monorail because of the baby
probably only Contemporary
would it be crazy to take a baby that young
Is it going to be more work than its worth
I want to enjoy the trip we would have to go at a slow pace but we could easily get back to the hotel room to rest/nap
MK is our fav anyways
I'm also worried about getting there from PA
driving or taking the autotrain
any opinions from others who have experience appreciated

Hi!
My DD first trip was when she was 9mo and it was Oct. The weather was perfect, not too hot, not too cold. The crowds were very low. We were able to see and do what we wanted at a leisurly pace. We also drove from NY and DD slept most of the time.
I would say definately go. Oct. is a great time to take a baby that age. Now if you said July, I would say no way!!
Taking our DD at 9mo was probably the easiest trip for us. We had our own stroller, it fully reclined and had a canopy. I used an infant carrier for when on line for attractions. She went on everything that didn't have a height restriction. The characters really go crazy for infants. We have such wonderful pictures with Mickey holding her, Cindy kissing her, and her all wide eyed staring at Peter Pan. Priceless!
I would definately stay on the monorail so you can just roll on without having to take baby out and fold it up like you do for the bus.
You'll also have big sis to help!!;)
DD now 5yo has 5 trips under her belt and we much preferred the days of her quietly sitting in her stroller taking it all in. When she was 2yo she wanted no part of a stroller and wanted to walk.
We are also going to take advantage of the FT package and will be traveling with DH, DD and DS who will be 7mo. We will also be staying at a monorail resort, the GF. Keep in mind Oct. is regular season so prices are alittle higher. That is why I picked end of Sept. into Oct. We got a great rate of $2295.51
I checked for a friend of mine who is also thinking of going the same time as me with 2 adults, 2 children, one who is only 2yo and for the Cont. the price is $2010.05 for 7 nights garden wing, Tower room $2277.59
Both great rates. Anyway, sorry this is so long. If you have any other questions, just ask I'd love to help. If you need any specific info on driving or if your baby is formula fed, I have great tips on how to make that easier while touring.
Take care, Nikki

I think that is the perfect time to travel with a baby! They are usually getting into good sleep routines, and are excited just to hang out and look at the world around them. I did a trip last year when DD was 2 and other DD was just 3 weeks. We had a great time, we let the 2 year old lead the way much of the time. With a new baby in the house it was great for DD to get to lead and direct us, we had a nice time together as a family, and I actually got more (and better quality) sleep than I did at home where I felt like I "should be" doing something like cleaning or laundry. We also went back when the baby was 8 months old.

Truly before they are really mobile it is a great time, there are so many exciting things to see but they don't have a need to be on the ground much. For those times when the do taking a break in the baby care center was wonderful.

We took our DD in January at 3-1/2 months. We drove from Cleveland. She slept most of the way. It was a great trip, just too short. We stayed at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. Take advantage of the baby centers. There is one in each park.
We took her stroller and the snuggli. She liked to be carried so she could see everything when she wasn't sleeping.
We are leaving on Saturday for a longer trip. DD is now 7-1/2 months old. I can't wait!

I agree that it is the perfect time to bring the baby.. I brought my DD when she was exactly 3 months old and we had a blast. We got to do all the fun stuff, like character breakfasts pics with the characters and still do all the fun adult stuff by using the baby swap.

We flew from harrisburg.

It all depends on your baby, which is hard to predict ahead of time. I know none of mine were sleeping through the night at 3 months so I would have been a walking zombie if we had tried to vacation then. The youngest we ever did was when DS was 5 months old. My older girls were 4 and 2 at the time. He was a very easy baby, slept a lot and was generally happy most of the time. We went when it was cool, October, and I nursed him in dark shows, etc. I think it would be difficult to make it to the baby center ever time you needed it. We had a short drive as we lived in Jacksonville at the time. I would not want to fly with a baby that young, and you never know about the car ride. Some of my kids loved the car seat, other screamed in it!!! If you really want to go, go for it!! If not, Disney is not going away any time soon!!

DH and I joke that 3 months old is the "golden age of portability" for a child. If you are nurisng, there is nothing other than diapers to bring. No bottles, no food, nothing. Our kids both started sleeping through the night by 3 months. At that age they were also small enough to sleep comfortably in our portable bassinett, which is easier to travel with than even a pack and play. We never did WDW with a child that small, but if we get APs during this visit, we may return with a baby that age in the fall. (We are adopting a baby that will be born this summer.) Just prepare yourself to take things at a slower pace with frequent stops.

We went last August when DD was 3 months old. She was fine. I was nursing and did it just about anywhere I could find a quiet shady spot. We stayed at the BCV and drove down from MA. She was fine in the car, but we did have to stop every 2-3 hours to feed her. No big deal, I would run in where ever we stopped and "use the facilities" then I would nurse in the van while DH took DS (3 at the time) to run around or get a snack. She was soooo easy and happy to go where ever we wanted her to go.

We did go to WDW for the Millenium when DS was 9 months old. He was easy, but we were at EPCOT from 6:30 am (when we got in line) until 1:30am when we finally made it through the crowd and back to the car. This I would not recommend doing .....but it was a once in a lifetime thing......and we were young, silly, first time parents with a stroller, a back pack carrier and had an 8 adult to 1 baby ratio:rolleyes:

Good luck, I think things will go fine for your trip.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter