Is it worth upgrading my hotel room?

zanzibar138

DIS Veteran
So there are 2 likely scenarios for my visit to HKDL...

First scenario is that I will go on my own, as a stopover on the way back from Paris, just for 2 nights. If this is the case, I will stay at the Hollywood Hotel since I can't justify the extra expense of the DL Hotel just for me. What I'm trying to figure out here is whether it's worth upgrading to a park view room? Can you see the fireworks? I won't be able to go into the park on Sunday night, and since I'll be on my own, it seems like a nice thing I can just do from my room. Does anyone have any pictures of the view from a park view room? I can't seem to find much on the net.

Second scenario is that DH will fly up to HK to meet me (it will be our 1st anniversary on the Sunday when we arrive). If this is the case I would like to splash out on a bit of a special room as an anniversary treat. This would definitely be at the DL Hotel. Has anyone stayed in a Fantasia room? Again, I'm struggling to find enough information to decide whether it would be worth it or not...

Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

Zanzibar - I had the same issue...lack of information. In the end, I called the HK Disneyland number and asked the CM. They were really helpful. If I recall correctly, you can see the fireworks from DL but they couldn't tell me how good the view was/is.

I would have loved to have stayed in the Fantasia room but couldn't justify the cost as we weren't in the room enough during the day. For an anniversary, I would go for it!

Thanks PIO :goodvibes

We actually had a park facing room when we were there last, but it wasn't a great view of the fireworks because there was a big tree in the way! I don't think there were as many trees in front of the Hollywood Hotel, so the view from there might be better - no balcony though :upsidedow

I think if DH joins me we'll splash out on a Fantasia room :thumbsup2 It would just be nice to see a few more pictures! Do you happen to know if they're smoking/non-smoking?

Thanks PIO :goodvibes

We actually had a park facing room when we were there last, but it wasn't a great view of the fireworks because there was a big tree in the way! I don't think there were as many trees in front of the Hollywood Hotel, so the view from there might be better - no balcony though :upsidedow

I think if DH joins me we'll splash out on a Fantasia room :thumbsup2 It would just be nice to see a few more pictures! Do you happen to know if they're smoking/non-smoking?

No, I don't.

Hmmm.....when will DH decide if he joins you? A call to HK Disney might be in order. :thumbsup2

Hmmm.....when will DH decide if he joins you? A call to HK Disney might be in order. :thumbsup2

Hopefully soon! Although the rates aren't even out yet so I'm not sure what my rush is - I just like to be organised :rotfl:

I was hoping not to have to call them (you can book discounted rooms online now by logging in to their special magic access passholders website), but yeah I might have to if I want to find out about the smoking/non-smoking thing.

Thanks for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter