Is the Muppet 3D movie theater closing?

• Vernon slusher

Earning My Ears
    I think muppet 3d was a good experience but, I think it is going to be replaced. I would hope they would do something else with mama Melrose. I am not a fan..

JamesGarvey

DIS Veteran
    Keep the pre-show mostly intact (since it was the last project Jim Henson worked on before his death) and update the rest. I wouldn’t object to never seeing Waldo the Spirit of 3D ever again.

Personally, I’d love if they did a classic Muppet Show with multiple segments that followed a main story for the attraction, they could even pull a Star Tours and have randomized bits that would encourage multiple visits. Pretty sure they have the rights to the original theme song too.

maverik85

Mouseketeer
    I agree. I enjoy the Muppets and the show is ok but it just feels very dated and needs a fresh update. I love the idea of a mini-Muppet Show with randomized segments. Maybe a set opening and grand finale (maybe something like Rainbow connection in the movie).

• BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
    I agree. I enjoy the Muppets and the show is ok but it just feels very dated and needs a fresh update. I love the idea of a mini-Muppet Show with randomized segments. Maybe a set opening and grand finale (maybe something like Rainbow connection in the movie).
    Yeah, I would like to see updates but I want it to still be The Muppets. I like the idea of some randomized sketches in The Muppet Show style to encourage multiple viewings. They should still use some in-theater effects though.

maverik85

Mouseketeer
    Definitely still have in theatre effects and animatronics. I feel like those are the best parts of the current show with Statler and Waldorf in their box, Sweetums walking around the theatre, and especially the Swedish Chef firing the cannon and "destroying" the theatre. I think that makes it feel a lot more immersive versus just a video on the screen and more like an attraction than a movie.

Mom24Princesses

DIS Veteran
    I mentioned to a Cast Member that it sure would be good if Star Tours could be enveloped by GE. (Muppets ARE kind of in the way).
    She smiled and say “That could happen”.

• BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
    I mentioned to a Cast Member that it sure would be good if Star Tours could be enveloped by GE. (Muppets ARE kind of in the way).
    She smiled and say “That could happen”.
    The problem is that Star Tours is SO different form Galaxy's Edge. In GE you are supposed to really be on that planet and everything is a put-on. Star Tours is more like an immersive movie, with music and the time period can vary depending on the show. They just don't mesh that well. I say keep Star Tours as is, or if anything drop a little of the intense show at GE.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.