• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is the princess breakfast at Norway still really bad?

3kids4me

<font color=magenta>Besotted Pin Lover<br><font co
Hi everyone,

We went to this breakfast in November of 2002, and had a terrible experience. We waited an hour to be seated (yes, we had a PS), the princesses weren't spread out enough so then we waited another 45 minutes before we saw one, and the food was terrible.

I'm wondering if this breakfast has gotten any better, as I know we were there right after they opened.

Thanks!

We were there in April and had a really good time. We had a PS and had waited about 10 minutes past its' time and noticed people who came after us were going in so I checked with the hostess and sure enough we had gotten passed up somehow. They seated us immediately after that. Other than that is went pretty much as expected. Food was good, served family style. Many princesses, except of course Cindy. It was nice to see Sleeping Beauty! I can't complain!:D

3kids4me - I hope your experience was due to the fact that this Char. breakfast was fairly new. We are going in Nov. and chose it over Cinderella's because there were so many princesses. We'll have 5 girls (my two DDs and our friend's three DDs) very disappointed if it hasn't improved!

DD and I went in Dec 2002. Had a late'ish PS (around 9.30-9.45 I think) and were seated right away. Others were finishing so we had lots of attention from the Princesses and they came around very quickly.

Food was really good (we preferred it to what we had at Cindy's) and we had a wonderful server from Norway who chatted with us and brought us more of all the things we liked!

It was also pretty cool to walk round World Showcase with no-one else around!

We went in Nov 2002 and had a wonderful time. The food was good ( I love the hashbrown casserole!!!). We went for my dd's 3rd birthday June 2003 and got to paint a birthday troll. My girls and my niece love it. We have also done Cindy's on both trips. We love the location of the castle, but we find the Princess breakfast more relaxed. We have never had to wait more than 5 minutes at Norway. Now, at Cindy's we've had to wait much longer. We waited so long in June, were there when they started seating lunch!

We were there in March and LOVED this breakfast. Even my DH and DS liked it much better than when we drag them to CRT. I thought the food quality was excellent and we didn't wait long at all - and we had a large party - so I think it may have been an isolated incident. :confused:

I have been avidly following this topic throughout other threads. We were there during the trial run, August 2002. I actually made my reservations on the first day they were accepting them. I read here on the DIS that they were accepting, and called right away. The CM was surprised that I knew about it!! WE really enjoyed it, the food was great and the pace was relaxing. We had 8:45 PS and actually got there late due to the Character Breakfast bus never coming (different story!!) They took us right in. I also thought the cahracter interaction was great. The fact that they are Human princesses vs. other animal characters is much better for my DD. They can and do talk and joke and other characters don't talk. I hope it continues to be a good meal. We go back in January and are doing it again!!

Deb:earsgirl:

We were there on the 10th and it was great! I like this one better than CRT actually but we have been doing both.

DS (has special needs) went to see Snow White at her cottage for his birthday;) Well, she sang happy birthday to him in the most amazing voice just like Snow White. I always take DS on a birthday trip and leave the camcorder at home so it will be a moment only DS and I can share, I thought he was going to burst that his "girlfriend" sang so beautifully to him :)

We went about a month ago, and my DDs loved it. We had an early (third family to be seated) PS, and it was perfect. DD 2 was 22 months on our trip and doesn't sit still well. Since we were near the door where the princesses entered, we were able to eat and see all of the princesses fairly quickly before DD2 got out of control. The food was also good (second the opinion of great hashbrown casserole). I really liked the pastries being on the table when we sat down. We were able to feed DDs something right away and just about the time they were getting bored with the pastries, the skillet was there.

I would say try it again; it sounds and looks like the kinks have been worked out.

We experienced the Princess Breakfast on 9/1/03. It was great. We were seated promptly. The waiter was great. It was a relaxing atmosphere. My husband and DS2 really enjoyed. We didn't feel rushed at all. Can't wait to go again:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Another vote that your experience the first time was probably a fluke. We went in July and had none of the difficulties you encountered. We had a terrific time!

WE LOVED IT!

We just had the princess breakfast on Sept 23. We were promptly seated (and we had a party of 8). Additionally, when I made the PS, I was told the only way to accomodate us at the time we wanted was to have 2 tables of 4 each; it was a pleasant surprise to end up at a table of 8.

There were 5 princesses there: Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Jasmine, Belle, and Mulan. They all made it around to the tables promptly and spent a decent amount of time at each table.

The breakfast was fine - expensive, but fine. Service was fine too.

Good luck.

I'm really excited to read about how many of you enjoyed your experience at this char. breakfast. I'm sure all the girls will love it. My 12-yr old DS will just have to grin and bear it. He's awfully cute so he may get more attention than the 5 girls LOL!

Another positive vote. We were there in August and thought it was great. Sat down promptly (with PS) food was great and the Princesses were friendly and took time to spend with each kid.

I wouldn't recommend going straight to Mission Space afterwards though. Not a pleasant experience.

Have a great Disney day.

We also had a bad 1st experience in Dec 2002. We waited forever for the princesses to come around to us. The food was awful, cold and undercooked. The service was terrible. I wrote WDW an email, they called me and sent Disney Dollars for the cost of the meal.

Since they did that we had to give it another chance. We went back in May of this year. Was MUCH BETTER!! We sat in a different place. The princesses came within 5-10 minutes of sitting and spent some time and the food was better. I still think the food can be better at both PSB and CRT's for what it costs. I know you're really paying for the characters but I just think the food could be better.

When we went in August, I thought it was very well organized. We were in the first seating at 8:30. They seated everyone in the order that they checked in and seated them so that the first parties to be seated would be visited first by the Princesses. The princesses were spaced out a couple of minutes apart. We were visited by all of the princesses well before we finished our meal. Since different rooms or areas were seated and served about the same time, it should in theory mean that rooms are emptied around the same time for the next seating. If a party takes an unually long time, it's possible that the organization might be thrown off.

Another thing I liked about the Princess Breakfast was the staff. Our server was so sweet and cute! I wanted to take him home with me. The hostess that checked us in was also very nice. She asked the age of my son so I told her he was 12, knowing full well that it meant he would be charged the adult price. She smiled and responded with "well, he's 11 today", cutting his charge in half!

We loved it, in fact we thought it was far better than cinderellas. I think that they should have started the Princesses from opposite sides of the room so those at the end didn't have to wait, but the food was great and we were in the middle and it didn't take long at all to see the Princesses.

Wish us luck. We have PS for Christmas Morning. My mom's family came from Norway; and it is a must place to eat for us. After looking at the menu's we decide the PSB was the safest bet of everyone being happy. I am certain our DD 2 will absolutely love it. She loves the characters; but the Princesses are less intimidating for her.

It is a relief to see positive things about it. We are looking forward to it.

The Soltwisch Family

We've been to this breakfast twice (last September and then in May) and it was great both times. We were seated quickly each time and the food was tastey and hot as well. We waited a bit longer for the princesses in May but not too long.

Did the Princess breakfast this past week and it was great. The potatoes were wonderful. We had an 8:50 PS and were seated within 5 minutes of arriving. The princesses came out about 15-20 minutes later. We were in the back room, so by the time they came to us, we were done eating and had DD hands and mouth wiped off for pictures. We had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter