Is this a good price?

MARISSASDAD

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

I finally decided on the Contemporary for May 13th-16th and got a Tower room for $260/night with my Florida resident discount. Is this a good deal? Also, does anyone have any info on the Meal plan and how much it costs? How do I go about making reservations for Chef Mickeys and California Grill. This is our first trip with our 5 yr old daughter, so sorry if these questions sound dumb to all the "veterans". Thanks for any info about the Contemporary (sp?) any hints of what to do, what the tower room is like. I did read the FAQ section. Thanks Again.........Marissa's daddy.......John

It's $100 off of rack rate, so it's pretty good ;)
I don't know much about the meal plan so I can't help you there, but you should call 1-407-WDW-DINE to make those Priority seatings you want ASAP :)

The meal plan is a good deal you will easily spend more than $35 per day per adult if you purchase meals on your own. If your going this May you better get on the phone especially if you want a reservation for chef mickey's they fill up fast. Have fun.

Tina

You will LOVE the CR tower. The room rate is about as good as you will do I think (I would love to get a rate that good for our next stay there in November)....last summer (mid-June) we got an AP rate of $255/night and thought that was great. The rooms are huge, bright and colorful, very modern decor. The views from the balconies are spectacular (either side)

You have the best rate going for right now so yes, it is a good rate. :) With the Florida resident discount you won't be able to get the meal plan though. Fla Resident rates are for room only and you must book a package to take advantage of the meal plan. You could however purchase a Disney Dining Experience card and use that to get a 20% discount on all of your sit down meals. As a Florida resident you can purchase it for $75. If you also have an Anual or seasonal pass, you can purchase it for $50. To see a comparison of savings with the DDE vs the dining plan, take a look at www.magicalmemoriestravel.com/DiningComparison.html

Lollipop Mom said:
With the Florida resident discount you won't be able to get the meal plan though. Fla Resident rates are for room only and you must book a package to take advantage of the meal plan.

You can book a package they will simply apply your Fla. Res. discount to the room portion of your package. That's what I did. :earsboy:

Tina

AlexTina said:
You can book a package they will simply apply your Fla. Res. discount to the room portion of your package. That's what I did. :earsboy:

Tina
I think you are mistaken. A room only discount can not be applied to a Package deal. And if you've some how managed it, my friend who works at DRC would like to know the secret.

We used a AAA room discount on a package for our Nov stay and the AAA agent said she had been able to apply a postcard PIN rate for another family the week before we booked. She said she just called and had the room rate portion changed...the disney agent told her "some of the pin codes work with package discounts and some don't"

AP discounts can't be applied though...because you need to buy MYW tickets with each package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter