Is your area amongest the highest , lowest or in the middle in terms of coronavirus cases?

I am not really sure, but know in general my state has been heating up again a bit.

I'm in Virginia, and we're one of the few US states without rapidly rising case numbers. But my local area is rising pretty quickly, since the schools are open for in-person instruction. :(

:confused3Depends how you look at it, I guess. The question is pretty broad since we have no common point of reference. Is anywhere in the western world really doing "well" right now? I'd say not. Pretty much everywhere in Canada right now has higher active cases than there were in April. Here are Canada's total numbers (March to October) by province but to interpret them you need some knowledge of population numbers. For example, Ontario has almost twice as many people as Quebec. BC has a larger population than Alberta. The last 9 provinces/territories on the list combined have a population less than 15% of the country's total. Canada's total population is 37.5 million.

I live in Cape May NJ, and it’s a tourist area. We have had a total of 1,102 cases, but 7 new cases and that’s a very high number. Don’t know why.

Well a few days ago I saw this headline “If North Dakota was a country, it would have the world’s worst confirmed COVID-19 outbreak, one analysis shows” so that pretty much says it all.

We peaked in the summer here in AZ. Now, daily cases are fairly flat, but they have increased since we reopened some schools in September.

At a county and a state level we're in the middle. Trend is going the wrong direction though which is concerning because it's just starting to get cold.

Really nervous about what this winter is going to be like.

Ohio has broken a record for new cases the last 3 days. Not looking good. I work in a nursing home and have watched it just spread like wildfire at a previous facility. My current facility has 2 positive staff but no residents. So scary.

Well, it depends what you’re comparing it to. My state, Victoria, has a population of 6 million and 5 million of us live in Melbourne. Our 14 day average is 4.8 cases a day and our 7 day average is 4 cases a day. We have 100 active cases.

In terms of the country, my state is the worst. To go to any other state (with some exceptions for people close to borders) Victorians have to spend 14 days in hotel quarantine. In global terms, however, we’re doing incredibly well.

DeKalb County
Population
Density
2776/sq mile
Median Income
$59,280

Confirmed Cases
+114 on Saturday

Deaths
+0 on Saturday

% Infected
2.8099%

In Queensland, Australia we have just gone 44 days straight - I think it is with 0 cases of community transmission. State population 5.1 Million. Masks are not mandatory, we are advised to social distance and wash hands, there are still restrictions about numbers of people at gatherings and in restaurants etc. no dancing in pubs or clubs although - dancing has just been permitted to occur at weddings and school year 12 formals (similar to US Prom).

I’m in NJ. We were very high but numbers are pretty low right now. Positives are going up by my hospital systems hospitalizations is staying very low and deaths now new deaths in weeks. Maybe months.

So this is where DH works, I always feel safer up here because they are watching like hawks. If the whole country did this we'd be so much better off:

click public health report
https://search.mass.gov/?q=public+health+report
https://patch.com/massachusetts/bos...& government&utm_campaign=recirc&utm_content=
Back at the family home where we all fit in Pa things are little more old west, I think Governor Wolf trying but I get the sense he's like the Little Dutch Boy and many people (esp businesspeople) keep trying to pull his hand away... didn't know much about the guy before this year but he's sort of reached hero status for me these days.

VERY HIGH, breaking records HIGH.
My area is also utilizing the self made hospital now and I foresee that continuing through out 2020 and beyond.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter