Is your trip still going ahead?

We have the annual travel insurance issue as well been renewing it for years but of course the renewal date is in May
My renewal date was 15 March and the premium with LV jumped by a third. I started to shop around for a better price but given everything that was going on, I decided to just swallow the increase this year and stay with LV.

We have a May trip planned and when they extended the WFH 'til April 30, we discussed it - if they cancel us, then fine and if not, we'll go as it is a resort stay only. We have Fall vacations planned and expecting to enjoy.

Due to fly 13th June, fingers crossed it still goes ahead.
Six nights with free dining and 11 nights on DVC points. Can’t see any way of rescheduling as room not available for cash reservation to keep the free dining and DVC room not available either we are party of six for part of trip and seven the rest. Very limited dates hat everyone on this trip could change to due to college, work schedules.

Due to fly 13th June, fingers crossed it still goes ahead.
Six nights with free dining and 11 nights on DVC points. Can’t see any way of rescheduling as room not available for cash reservation to keep the free dining and DVC room not available either we are party of six for part of trip and seven the rest. Very limited dates hat everyone on this trip could change to due to college, work schedules.

Its hard to know what will happen especially when its not easy to reschedule. Would be hard to cancel and then the flights go and the parks are open!!

We are due to travel 22nd June, flights fully paid with United who are offering to issue vouchers for flights up to 31st May at present. Not even really interested in that option as kids will all be at uni in next year and we will have too many unknown date commitments with exams, graduations, etc. Just dont see us travelling as a group of 5 again.
Rest of holiday is free dining with WDTC and the balance is due 29th April. If we dont pay and the flights go in June we would have no accommodation, tickets, dining etc.it is a lot of money to pay out though with all the uncertainty.

We have the annual travel insurance issue as well been renewing it for years but of course the renewal date is in May:oops:
If you renew the same annual travel insurance then I think you will be fine On that front.

I’m assuming you booked directly with United and are flying from UK? If so then if flight is cancelled you should get a refund of the outbound flight under EU law, but not for the way back. That is because it is not an EU airline. They will, as they are trying, to just offer vouchers.

If you renew the same annual travel insurance then I think you will be fine On that front.

I’m assuming you booked directly with United and are flying from UK? If so then if flight is cancelled you should get a refund of the outbound flight under EU law, but not for the way back. That is because it is not an EU airline. They will, as they are trying, to just offer vouchers.

Unfortunately on the travel insurance faq section they indicate that the virus will not be covered for renewals but it appears we are covered for trips booked prior to i think 18th March. will have to see if I get a more specific response from them before any balance is paid

Thanks for the info about the flights. We are flying from Dublin and usually fly Aer Lingus and I was aware of an eu clause but didnt think that would apply to US Airlines. My parents were due to fly 17th March with United and that was the day the travel ban applied from and they are still not having any success on a refund

I just wondered whether you would be impacted by US bans on U.K. passport holders/U.K FCO Advisories and/or US bans on Norwegian passport holders/the Norwegian equivalent of the FCO.
At the outset President Trump differentiated between the U.K. and Schengen countries.
Nothing sinister... although I recall ‘curiosity killed the cat’😂😉.

I think those bans might be more about where your country of residence is, especially if it's because of something like the Corona virus. I can't say for sure though :confused3

we are ment to fly on june 1st from gatwick fingetrs crossed it still happens??

It looks like they're planning to reopen by June 1st as they've got offers on to book for arrivals from then.

Will they renew any travel insurances right now though? From what I can tell, it doesn't look like anyone is selling travel insurance right now.

Will they renew any travel insurances right now though?
LV are still renewing and not altering terms, so if you have an existing booking made pre covid you are fine. I think many insurers are just not taking on new clients.

On another note, my passport was due to expire in May and my trip ( may be) on 30 June. I was going to hold back applying for a new passport so that I could get a blue one, not for any political reason, but just because I like blue😂. Given the lock down/work from home advisory, need to apply for new a ESTA etc., I bit the bullet and applied online on Monday and I received my new passport in the post today. I was astonished as usually it takes much longer than this. But.... I received a burgundy one😉. Now to find out if President Trump will allow me an ESTA.
Have all ESTAs been cancelled so that everyone has to reapply or are existing ones just one hold’?

Last edited:
LV are still renewing and not altering terms, so if you have an existing booking made pre covid you are fine. I think many insurers are just not taking on new clients.

I might have to check with my insurance company on that one as my current policy only covers Europe, so when it's time to renew I would have to upgrade to the one that includes America.

Our trip is April 20th... 100% will be cancelled but as of yet it hasn't been. Virgin haven't emailed me once and their site says they're stopping Gatwick flights and moving them to Heathrow (not that it'll actually effect us, just would have been nice to be told)

I see Disney will give us up until Sep 2021 to use our 14 day ticket so very grateful for that!

Do you have an airport hotel and parking booked as well? Usually I would have booked those by now, but given BAs shift from Gatwick to Heathrow, which should I book?
I feel so sorry for kennels and catteries.

They are only moving to Heathrow whilst there practically aren’t any flights, it means they can furlough all the ground staff. One of my neighbours is baggage handler for BA at Heathrow and says they’re sitting around nearly all day.

Holidays will not be cancelled until travel advisory or travel bans cover your actual travel dates.

We're booked to go on 3rd September 2020. It's already paid for and we have yearly travel insurance. The problem is that most travel insurance doesn't cover a pandemic. My dilemma at the moment is whether to go ahead and buy our "extras" tickets such as Cirque du Soleil, MNSSHP, HHN and Dining experiences. I'm not sure how long I should hold out on these tickets.

We're booked to go on 3rd September 2020. It's already paid for and we have yearly travel insurance. The problem is that most travel insurance doesn't cover a pandemic. My dilemma at the moment is whether to go ahead and buy our "extras" tickets such as Cirque du Soleil, MNSSHP, HHN and Dining experiences. I'm not sure how long I should hold out on these tickets.
It is not correct to say most policies do not cover a pandemic. Generally the cheaper ones do not cover things like this. It is right to say most will not now cover you if either you buy the policy now or make a new booking. The latter because it is now a known event.

Joining in with our situation...was due to travel on Saturday 11 April, package holiday with TUI (excluding passes). I called TUI 2 weeks ago, as our dates are within the travel ban dates.

Was given the option of re-booking or refund, we opted for refund as we are bound by school holidays, and don't like the summer heat. Also i needed some down time from it as i was really stressed out. We will look at booking again for next year at some point when I see a deal I am happy with.

As regards to Disney tickets, we bought these from Attractions Tickets Direct, our 2020 Disney passes have been extended by Disney to end of Sept 2021.

Still waiting on the TUI refund, was told could take up to 28 days. and we paid for our plane seats which i was told will be refunded once the plane doesn't fly.

Decisions are really hard to make at the moment. Good luck everybody!

I have just emailed ocean florida. I have asked for a quote for next year pending free dining. If there is no free dining next year i wont bother changing our dates. It is going to be insanely busy at the end of september this year and I think next year might be better. Good to get an idea in now though as i want to book free dining the day it comes out to guarantee room type. We will do the same holiday cruise then universal then disney just a year and one day later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter