Issues booking dining

lynnzrae

Mouseketeer
Yesterday was our 180 day mark that allowed us to book our dining. WDW policy is you can book dining at 180 days from your first day of your trip up to 10 days out. Our trip is 9/11-9/18 so we were allowed to book our entire trip starting yesterday. Mom and I had a slumber party and were up and at 'em with coffee in hand at 6am ready to book our dining. We were able to book 9/11 but the remaining days we kept getting error messages (9/12-9/18). We ended up having to call to book the rest of our reservations for 9/12-9/18. We brought this up to dining and had several conversations with the internet help desk with now answer or solution. I called today to follow up because although we are good on our dining, I am now worried about it impacting our ability to make our FP+ reservations so I want the problem resolved. The lady at the internet help desk that I talked to this morning told me that we, online, are able to book 180 days out but the rest of our trip, although we are qualified to do book them, has to be done over the phone with dining. I am having a hard time believing it because why wouldn't anyone b/w dining and the help desk yesterday, tell us that? Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know if that is actually the policy?

This happened to us yesterday too! Our trip also starts 9/11 and we are still having the issue this morning. It took several calls to get the IT person to understand. We could see all our dates even see available times but couldn’t reserve them. They kept telling us to just book over the phone. Someone from IT told us there was a disconnect in the reservation system that wasnt allowing us to reserve dining beyond 180 days. They said they would elevate our issue but not to expect a call back and that the issue would just be fixed...it’s not. It’s very frustrating!

Still happening today. I'm OK for day 180, but not for 181+. I'm able to see the dates, and times so it knows I have a reservation, but i just get the sorry for the paws error. Had to call too. Now I want to make more etc, and it still doesn't work. I'm not waiting another 40 minutes on hold.

Will those of you that are also having this issues update this thread as you all receive more information?? My mom called again this morning and the IT person said she received several phone calls about this yesterday and she was FINALLY able to recreate the problem on their end. Our ticket was escalated once the FINALLY realized it was a problem. Will keep you posted. Hope you all got good reservations despite this. We were lucky enough to have been able to do so. Including a good Cinderella Castle time!

I hope this will be resolved and not an issue for FP+ reservations.

The lady at the internet help desk that I talked to this morning told me that we, online, are able to book 180 days out but the rest of our trip, although we are qualified to do book them, has to be done over the phone with dining.

Unless something has recently changed, that's not true. I've always been able to book my +10 days for the rest of my trip on my 180th day. Based on other posters who experienced the same this morning, it sounds more like a WDW web site glitch.

Did you try the Disney app on your phone or iPad? (Not the website on your phone - have to get the app from the app store.) Someone suggested that recently - last month at my 180 day I got "Sorry for the Paws" ALOT on my laptop (using Disney's regular website). But the phone worked much better - I never get the Paws.

I've tried the app, Chrome, Internet Explorer...updated my browsers, cleared cookies and cache, and still getting the "Sorry for the Paws" message whenever I try to make a change or create a new reservation. I called Disney helpdesk this AM and the CM they've been getting a lot of calls regarding the issue yesterday and today. SO FRUSTRATING!

Will those of you that are also having this issues update this thread as you all receive more information?? My mom called again this morning and the IT person said she received several phone calls about this yesterday and she was FINALLY able to recreate the problem on their end. Our ticket was escalated once the FINALLY realized it was a problem. Will keep you posted. Hope you all got good reservations despite this. We were lucky enough to have been able to do so. Including a good Cinderella Castle time!

I hope this will be resolved and not an issue for FP+ reservations.
As a software person, I have to speak in defense of the IT folks, a bit. I bet they were as frustrated as the guests reporting the problem. The fact is that a reported problem that can not be replicated by the IT department can NOT BE FIXED. If they can’t reproduce it to see what is broken they do not know what to fix. Fact

Last edited:
As a software person, I have to speak in defense of the IT folks, a bit. I bet they were as frustrated as the guests reporting the problem. The fact is that a reported problem that can not be replicated by the IT department can NOT BE FIXED. If they can’t reproduce it to see what is broken they do not know what to fix. Fact

Actually quite easy to duplicate, login as the affected user. As we've all demonstrated, the issue occurs across every device / os /network.

I can book on 9/13, just nothing going forward. All my days are open. So it’s a +10 issue.

NO its booking anything or changing or canceling existing. Chat was no help and they say they have no report on booking issues online... I know several ppl have called to report it as well as I myself did yesterday

I had no problem booking 9/13 for dinner, just can’t book any further. Just not feeling the love anymore.

I tried to book using safari and it either froze, pullled up a time but when you clicked on it never went anywhere, or it turned the screen white with an error message. I logged into Disney using google and I was finally able to book but I wanted to apply filters to make it quicker and it wouldn’t let me follow through doing that. This was yesterday.

I had the same issue 2 weeks ago. It was incredibly annoying. I could only use the app, but then even that quit working. I could only do it by calling. Now that I am completely in the window I can change them and make new ones online.

This is starting to look more like a policy change than a website error. If this has been noted for days now, how long could it possibly take to fix. Or if not a policy change, perhaps some sort of test. Just seems strange that this error would be going on so long without a fix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter