Issues booking dining

Im fully within my window and have been for several days now so it cant be a policy change, I even asked when I called to be sure it was within my dates and CM said Definitely..

The lady at the internet help desk that I talked to this morning told me that we, online, are able to book 180 days out but the rest of our trip, although we are qualified to do book them, has to be done over the phone with dining. I am having a hard time believing it because why wouldn't anyone b/w dining and the help desk yesterday, tell us that? Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know if that is actually the policy?

This isn't true ... unless it is different for people booking on the British site (highly doubt!). I am in the UK and booked our ADRs for 180+10 on the 10th March (last Saturday) and our remaining days on 11th and 12th (we are staying for 12 nights). All booked online with zero problems.

Fingers crossed it all gets resolved.

Still having the issue as of Today. Called again and this time we were told "you are only allowed to make reservations for 180 days online and any additional days of your trip need to be booked over the phone". We said this doesn't sound like anything we've heard before and the CM said its nothing new it has always been the policy. We keep calling and keep getting different answers with no resolution.

I'm sorry but Disney is feeding people incorrect information! I am now 173 days out and have just looked at the bookings available for Boma in 2 browsers:

* Logged in I can book Sept 18th (the last day of my trip) - I have booked the 18th online.
trip.JPG

* Not logged in I can only book 13th Sept (180 days).
trip2.JPG

It may be worth making sure you are logged in BEFORE going to the restaurant page.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/plan/

Once you are logged in search for the restaurant the choose your date. Once you get to 180 days, your reservation dates will have a BLUE background and the available dates to select will also have a blue number (as above images show).

I booked through UK website, but I VERY much doubt this would mean we make ADRs differently.

I’m logged in and all my dates opens up from September 13-22 and are blue, but every time I try to make an adr after the 13th I get a PAWS error. We go to WDW 4-5 times a year, so this is not my first rodeo. But thanks, I did try your link too.

Once you are logged in search for the restaurant the choose your date. Once you get to 180 days, your reservation dates will have a BLUE background and the available dates to select will also have a blue number (as above images show).

I booked through UK website, but I VERY much doubt this would mean we make ADRs differently.

It's not that we can't see the days after 180, when logged into our accounts we see 180+10 as clickable. It's that we click a day past 180, pick a restaurant, select a time, and instead of going to the confirmation page, we get an error.

We have been having the same issue here as well. Our 180 day window opened on Thursday.
Tried using IE, Chrome, Safari, IOS, Android and nothing.
We are from Australia and would prefer to not have to call to book dining and so far have held off. If this continues we will have to bite the bullet and call.

We did send an email hoping to raise the issue and get it looked at, and the response was a little underwhelming "please clear your cookies and try again".
I do hope this is just an issue with the dining side of things and that it does not happen again come the 60 day fastpass window.

Same thing with us this morning. Can see availability for the whole resort stay, but when I select a time it goes to the ‘sorry for the paws’ message. My brother was up at 5a his time with the same result. Very frustrating!

On hold now....

Yep, still not working. Booked my one day, but nothing for +10. I may call for a couple of things today. Just hate sitting on hold when I shouldn’t have to.

I also can confirm that any days past 180 would not book for us this morning. Yes, I can see the available times, but the PAWS message comes up every. single. time. I called the reservation center and was on hold for an hour (61 minutes to be exact). The agent answered, took my information, put me on hold, and never came back (I did wait about 20 minutes for her return to no avail). In the meantime, my son had called on his phone and also was on hold for about an hour, but when that agent answered, she was able to make all our dreams come true!! We got Be Our Guest, Cinderella's Royal Table, and every other reservation we wanted for 12 people.

With so many people having the issue and as an IT person myself, I am surprised it took them so long to be able to recreate it. With some people having no problem and others having continuous problems, there has to be some condition that we folks with the problem have in common.

Also, the agent I talked to said she felt "old school" today because usually she's just modifying reservations for people. Today, her morning was spent making new reservations for people. So something is definitely happening for her to notice the change in the requests she's getting.

Was I frustrated? Yes. Am I happy now? Very. Do I care anymore that I was frustrated? Not really.

So I am sending out a thank you to the people who say they are continuing to try to get Disney's attention on fixing the problem, because I won't be pursuing it - but when you do, you are helping me so again I say thank you.

Wow we seem to have been very very lucky to be able to get ours all sorted online with no problems. Good luck and hopefully they get it all sorted.

No idea! Booked most last weekend ... on Saturday then 1 on Sunday and 1 on Monday. Didn't see the 'paws' issue once. The ONLY slight issue I had was booking ROL dining package - chose the date and clicked on the time, and it did nothing. To combat it I right-clicked the time and opened in new window ... hey presto ... all worked fine.

Must be an issue which has come out in the past few days as I have just tried booking a fake breakfast on it did come up with the 'paws' thing.

Ours opens up on April 9th and I am having to book for my family of 3 plus my sister, niece, and my dad, and I have us split up going to different restaurants some days and divided into different groups of 2, 3, or 4 other times, and then a few meals all together to book. I sure hope it is straightened out before then, because it is going to be complicated enough without this issue added to it.

Having the same issue this morning. I can see my entire stay in the dining reservations, but can only book my arrival day, 180 days out. I'm on hold for reservations by phone right now, and the recording actually says "guests at Disney resort hotels can book dining reservations 180 days from arrival for their entire stay", so this seems to be a website issue.

Yea, it continues. Sadly when you tell the cm the +10 isn’t working, they seem surprised. I called yesterday and she said I was the only person to report it. I only made a couple yesterday and doing the daily ones at the 180 mark today. The long waits on the phone is expected if the website is not working correctly.

No idea! Booked most last weekend ... on Saturday then 1 on Sunday and 1 on Monday. Didn't see the 'paws' issue once. The ONLY slight issue I had was booking ROL dining package - chose the date and clicked on the time, and it did nothing. To combat it I right-clicked the time and opened in new window ... hey presto ... all worked fine.

Must be an issue which has come out in the past few days as I have just tried booking a fake breakfast on it did come up with the 'paws' thing.

@n2mm Doesn'
Having the same issue this morning. I can see my entire stay in the dining reservations, but can only book my arrival day, 180 days out. I'm on hold for reservations by phone right now, and the recording actually says "guests at Disney resort hotels can book dining reservations 180 days from arrival for their entire stay", so this seems to be a website issue.

Issues still for me also. I've got all my ressies, but it's just the point now!!!

I had the same problem yesterday, when I got a cast member she was able to get all my reservations where we wanted so I was lucky. Of course I did not see this thread until today so that may have helped my frustrations... But she did say they were getting lots of calls about it.

Still not working this morning. I was on hold on the phone for 2 hours before I got someone. I got everything I wanted except Tutto Italia, for some reason. She was showing zero open ADRs for either day I tried, but didn't think it was really booked? She seemed to think there was some kind of error in the system, so I'll try online later when that day finally opens up online...because I'm not waiting on hold for 2 hours just to change Trattoria al Forno to Tutto Italia!

These issues going on the past several days are the reason I decided not to get up at 5 a.m. to book my dining this morning. I'm glad I slept in. I got the "paws" message for everything I tried to book (not booking anything on arrival day). By the time I called, the wait on the dining line was estimated to be 2 hours. So I gave up on that and called Tours to get our KTTK tour booked. I waited on hold there for about 20 minutes. She said MNSSHP and MVMCP tickets released today, so they'd been really busy. Perfect storm of website being down and party tickets releasing. She was actually able to book my dining since I was already on the phone with her, which was really nice. Every single trip, we have trouble making our ADRs at 180+. Every trip. I know people who breeze through it every time. I must be a jinx... sorry guys. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter