It Takes Two, Baby; a 2017 Flower and Garden dining report *NEW dining report!*

I'm in, excited to hear about your quick adult only trip. I missed F&G this year so love to see reports featuring it.

Hi everybody :wave: Welcome to my 3rd dining report. My DH and I returned about a week ago from a quick, kid-free trip to the World and were able to sample a few of the food kiosks that are part of Epcot's Flower and Garden festival, as well as eat and drink LOTS more. And because I'm a lucky gal we're heading back down in May for another quick adults only trip, so in addition to attending the AP sneak preview of Pandora we get to eat even MORE F&G goodness! I'll add those reviews to this report, no worries ;)

I'm here, and only on page 2! :cool1:

And yes, you are a lucky girl! Pandora looks amazing!

Oops, and my bra too! Made sure to get that in the picture.

Tramp! :rotfl:

Can't wait to read more!

OK my friends, let's get this party started!!

DAY 1: FLOWER AND GARDEN TREATS
*TR disclaimer: since I'm not doing a TR on this trip, I may be including some pictures that aren't food. Sorry, but I'm giving you all fair warning!*

We arrived at WL around 10:30am after taking a 6:30am flight down. We all took this same flight in Nov (in 2 shifts) and even though it means getting up around 3am, we love landing at MCO before 9:30. We dropped our bags in our room which was ready - yay! - and even though I really wanted to take a look at Geyser Point, our stomachs won out and we went directly to the bus stop to hitch a ride to Epcot. Not wasting any time getting our eat and drink on!

In Nov. we saw neat greetings on the MK and AK buses but I hadn't noticed this one on the Epcot bus.
Since we entered in FW I took a couple topiary shots. That is, when I could get close enough to the topiaries through the immense crowds that flooded the park that day. This was our 3rd trip during F&G and both those times the topiaries had largely remained the same so I was happy when I found out there'd be a couple new ones, like Figment!

The ones up front always change and this is one of my favorites:

We really only spent enough time in FW for me to snap these pictures and we were on to WS and the FOOD! After quickly debating which way to go, we hung a right and made our first stop the Urban Eats booth:

I wasn't planning on trying anything from this booth until I read a review of the crabless cake here ( I can't remember whose review it was! @pepperandchips maybe? so that's what I got along with the Wildflower Pale Ale:

The beer was ok, I could definitely taste a fruity bit of aftertaste that was kind of nice. The crabless cake was pure deliciousness! The Old Bay was nice and spicy and the veggies were perfectly pickled :thumbsup2
Steve got the Seared Pork Tenderloin:

I tried a bite and we both agreed the pork was really tender. Steve liked his veggies too but he liked mine better. In the end we agreed our first booth was a win.
As good as these "snacks" were they certainly didn't fill us up, so we were now in search of our next stop. We normally take on WS beginning in Mexico; since we took a right to begin with we decided to continue that way and the next booth we came to was Northern Bloom in Canada

The Beef Tenderloin Tips looked really good to Steve and only kind of excited me so we got one of those and a Nanaimo Bar Trifle. First, the tenderloin:

Unfortunately we both gave this a thumbs down. The meat was tough and chewy, reminded Steve of beef stew. The mashed potatoes weren't creamy at all. I had a bite of each, Steve had a few bites and then it went in the trash. We also threw the dessert in the trash after a couple bites:

I loved the little cup it came in, but that was the best part! The dessert wasn't bad but it wasn't anything special. It tasted like a marshmallow......thing, with some hot fudge on it and a fairly tasteless whipped cream. I didn't taste any coconut and I'm a big coconut fan. I hated throwing it away but I also didn't want to waste calories on something that wasn't d-lish!
We took a break from eating for a little bit to do something fun (for me). Another special thing going on during F&G is an Easter Egg hunt called Eggstravagansa. You purchase a map that comes with stickers and then search for a rather large egg in each country in WS that has the likeness of a Disney character on it; match the corresponding sticker to the country on the map and when you're done, hand it back in for a super duper cool prize. Don't worry, pictures of everything to come! Since we were near Canada I started my egg hunt there and after a bit of searching, found Thumper down by the water:

I'm sorry if I've spoiled this for anyone still going who plans to do this! I did hear from someone else that they move the eggs every couple weeks so they might not be in the same spots when you go. I'm hoping that's true, because much to Steve's disappointment I plan to get another map next month when we go and I'd love to be able to do the hunt again, instead of cheating and just sticking the stickers where I know they belong and getting another prize of awesomeness!
Steve had gotten a bottle of water at our first food booth and was not looking for something stronger, so we went to the UK so he could get a Guinness in Rose and Crown:

I find it interesting to watch it settle while you wait for them to top it off. It wasn't crowded in here at all which surprised me because as I said before, the park was jumpin' today. So far lines at the booths hadn't been bad though but maneuvering through the streets was was a bit tough. While here I noticed another new topiary, or at least new since our last F&G visit in 2015:

She's cute! On past visits Capt. Hook was here with that hungry crocodile. Hook must not have been happy about being replaced, because he makes an Epcot appearance later in our trip pirate:
Now that Steve had an adult beverage I felt it only fair that I have one, too. My old friend grey good slush was calling my name.......but wait! Something else in France was calling out to me.....something from the Fleur De Lys booth.........actually a few things from that booth including the
Tarte a l'Onion Alsacienne:

Holy crap this beat the crabless cake! Very oniony with thyme and rosemary and a light flaky crust, mmm-mmm! Steve didn't think the onion taste was very prevalent but I did which was fine with me. We split this but I would have and could have easily eaten one myself. We are definitely getting this again in May!
As I said a couple things at this booth were calling to me, such as this gorgeous bit of deliciousness:

Holy crap again. Just LOOK at the center, you can even tell from the picture how MOIST it was! There is chocolatefudge in this macaron as well as raspberry jelly:

Plus the paper envelope they serve it in is adorable, it's like a French newspaper.
I didn't forget my beverage, don't worry! Similar to the grey goose slush yet very different is the 3rd thing on the booth menu that I purchased, something I'd heard tell of here on the boards a few times - the La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush:

This is Grey Goose L'Orange, St.-Germain liqueur,white and red cranberry juice. And I love it to pieces! It was quite warm out and this was like a snow cone for adults lol. You could most certainly taste the alcohol, more than in the grey goose slush if memory was serving me correctly, but this was more flowery, fruitier......just prettier tasting. Steve thought it tasted like pink lemonade; I didn't think so but I also don't think that would be bad.
But, but.......do I prefer this over my grey goose slush? However would I compare the two???

UP NEXT: MORE F&G EATS, TANGIERINE CAFE, AND WHICH SLUSHIE I PREFER

I'm still not caught up on your last report, but you bet I've already clicked watch thread on this one! Looking forward to hearing all about the adventures you, Steve and your bra went on!
Hi there Fallon! Good to see you back. I need to catch up on your latest TR, too!

I am late! But I found it! Can't wait to hear all about the food I need to eat and drinks I need to drink!
Not late at all! I'm just getting around to my first actual update tonight.........glad you're here!

I'm in, excited to hear about your quick adult only trip. I missed F&G this year so love to see reports featuring it.
thanks for coming over! I was so happy to get to F&G again since we missed it last year and extra excited that we get to go TWICE :goodvibes

:wave: I'm here, I'm here!
YAY! Hi Renee!

BTW, I think I have that exact same Maleficent shirt!
I remember you telling me you had one that wasn't the tank top I have :)

I'm here, and only on page 2! :cool1:
Not bad, I'm impressed ;)

LMAO :rotfl2:

Hello and :welcome:

What's not to like about pink slushy drinks??? I think you should order both and do a sip by sip comparison.....purely for research, you know...lol!

We dropped our bags in our room which was ready - yay!
Wow! Nice. Are we getting pictures of said room and view??

Not wasting any time getting our eat and drink on!
Well of course!

a couple new ones, like Figment!
My DH's fave! Well, besides the Muppets.

crabless cake here ( I can't remember whose review it was! @pepperandchips maybe? so that's what I got along with the Wildflower Pale Ale:

When I saw the menu I was hoping this is what you picked!

The crabless cake was pure deliciousness!
Yummy!

Northern Bloom in Canada

I would have totally went with the Seared Scallops but you aren't a seafood fan, are you?

reminded Steve of beef stew.
It looks like beef stew!

I loved the little cup it came in, but that was the best part!
That cup is cute!

While here I noticed another new topiary, or at least new since our last F&G visit in 2015:

Love it!

including the

Holy crap this beat the crabless cake! Very oniony with thyme and rosemary and a light flaky crust, mmm-mmm! Steve didn't think the onion taste was very prevalent but I did which was fine with me. We split this but I would have and could have easily eaten one myself. We are definitely getting this again in May!
I saw this in @pepperandchips report...totally up my alley. I'm a big fan of onions.

As I said a couple things at this booth were calling to me, such as this gorgeous bit of deliciousness:

Holy crap again. Just LOOK at the center, you can even tell from the picture how MOIST it was! There is chocolatefudge in this macaron as well as raspberry jelly:

This looks amazing!

the La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush:

Super, super envious!

So the girls' trip is gonna need to be during F&W or F&G...no doubt.

Joining in. Enjoyed your last report. The food in French booth looks great. Glad to hear it also tasted good.The slush has cranberry so it is semi-healthy:thumbsup2

You guys are off to a good start! That La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush just looks totally delicious. I'm interested to hear how it did in the showdown with the Grey Goose Lemon slush--that's a personal fave of mine :-)

Yum I can't wait to visit flower and garden. I will skip the egg pics cause I plan to do that. I have done it every year at dl so this is a first for me at wdw. DL does not move its eggs.

I'm here! Suffering from post trip depression. I'm so sad we missed you by such a narrow window!

It wasn't me who had the crabless cake but it does look much better than I would have expected! So glad that was a hit for you. The only thing we had at that booth was the beer :teeth:

I'm glad you said the nanaimo trifle was no good, I kinda wanted it but had been burned by a similar dessert at Le Cellier so it looks like I would have been disappointed too.

LA VIE EN ROSE SLUSH!!! I love the flowery, pretty flavor of St. Germain and I'm 99% sure that's what you were detecting there too. So yummy.

No apologies for the extra disney pics! Keep em coming!!!

This is Grey Goose L'Orange, St.-Germain liqueur,white and red cranberry juice. And I love it to pieces! It was quite warm out and this was like a snow cone for adults lol. You could most certainly taste the alcohol, more than in the grey goose slush if memory was serving me correctly, but this was more flowery, fruitier......just prettier tasting. Steve thought it tasted like pink lemonade; I didn't think so but I also don't think that would be bad.
But, but.......do I prefer this over my grey goose slush? However would I compare the two???

Gosh I love this drink so much! I wish I would've gone back for another later!

I loved the little cup it came in, but that was the best part! The dessert wasn't bad but it wasn't anything special. It tasted like a marshmallow......thing, with some hot fudge on it and a fairly tasteless whipped cream. I didn't taste any coconut and I'm a big coconut fan. I hated throwing it away but I also didn't want to waste calories on something that wasn't d-lish!

Womp womp.. we kinda liked this, although it was the first thing we ate that day and we kinda scarfed it down. I had the Nanaimo pie at Le Cellier last year and really liked it, although I don't think they're too similar.

The beer was ok, I could definitely taste a fruity bit of aftertaste that was kind of nice. The crabless cake was pure deliciousness! The Old Bay was nice and spicy and the veggies were perfectly pickled :thumbsup2

Despite not being real crab, it totally looks like it and I'm sorry I passed on this one!!

Looking yummy so far. Honestly, I am going to have to double my spending budget to cover all the cocktails I want to try! Lucky we're not driving anywhere in holiday!

I wasn't planning on trying anything from this booth until I read a review of the crabless cake here ( I can't remember whose review it was! @pepperandchips maybe? so that's what I got along with the Wildflower Pale Ale:

I wanted to try this but the description doesn't sound that good to me. Your picture looks delicious though. Did it taste like crab?

Unfortunately we both gave this a thumbs down. The meat was tough and chewy, reminded Steve of beef stew. The mashed potatoes weren't creamy at all. I had a bite of each, Steve had a few bites and then it went in the trash. We also threw the dessert in the trash after a couple bites:
I totally agree! The beef was so chewy. I can make a better beef stew at home.

Why didn't I get this! It looks so good and I love onions. Definitely kicking myself for skipping this one.

the La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush:

I loved this! I thought it tasted a little bit like grapefruit. I wish they would make this a permanent thing. I still need to try the Grey Goose slush though!

I love seeing the F&G reviews. I can't wait to eat/drink at all of them next month.

So disappointing :sad2: I heard it described somewhere as a cross between the filet and braised beef at Food and Wine which were both incredible so I had high hopes for this.

Did I tell you pink is my favorite color :D
I do love the slushee :drinking1and miss them so much
Love all the food and beverage pictures and of course no complaints about any pictures from Disney.

I don't understand why Disney keeps trying to make Nanaimo bars fancy - the real thing is super basic, but super delicious!

That pink drink looks and sounds so good! One day, I will make it there for Flower and Garden Festival!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter