It's almost PS time, Where are you eating?

funhouse8

<font color=teal>How can you invest so much money
I need to start my Ps's soon and I'm starting to panic.

Where do you always eat_
your favorite meal here_
and why.

Thanks,Gina

Hi Gina :wave:

Last night I just posted a question on where's a good place for our anniversary dinner and I got a few good recomendations already!!!

Last year we went to the Poly Luau ("Spirit of Aloha" now) and we thought it was AMAZING! We loved the food, the show, it was a bit pricey, but its all you can eat food. And its not a buffet, its a sit down dinner show and they serve u the food;)

We also had many of our lunches at Whispering Canyon (WL) and it was pretty good there. We had lunch at Cindy's Castle (Didn't have the fast fingers to get the ressies for her breakfast!) but the lunch/dinner food was "ok" but it was the experience of dinning in the castle that was cool.

I hope this helped, I don't remember much else of the food. Oh, while we stayed at the Dolphin, we at on Boardwalk at this...JEEZ...what's the name of it...its a place with the yummiest ribs and we ate dinner there twice in a row! :rolleyes: (Jeez...I feel bad...what's the name...River something...or...hmmm...they have like a brewery section and its right off the boardwalk...d'oh!)

Sorry, hope this helped...ENJOY!!!

:wave: :teeth: :wave: :teeth:

Well, here's where we'll be eating 31 days from today.

Rose & Crown
Palio (our first visit for our anniversary dinner)
Jiko
Flying Fish Cafe
Citricos
Artist Point
Bongos Cuban Cafe

We were at Rose & Crown and Jikos last December, but haven't been to the others in a few years and decided it was time to go back and retry them again as we enjoyed each and every one. Each has it's own special atmosphere, cuisine and are a more adult experience. Every year choosing our dinning gets more and more challenging since we've eaten in just about everywhere there is to eat in Disney.

Have fun making your dinning plans.

I am starting to think about PS too, as I am able to start booking next month. We do have some favorite places to eat, but really do like to mix it up and not eat at the same places each time. Our PS plan seems to center around where we will be staying. This next trip we are staying at BCV, so we will focus more on restaurants in the BW loop. Some of the places we'll probably eat in Jan are:

Flying Fish
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Spoodles (breakfast)
Narcoossee's
Le Cellier

Some other places we love, that you might want to consider are:

1. California Grill (Why: Incredible food/service, great views of the MK fireworks)
2. 'Ohana (Why: Yummy grilled meats, hula hoop and coconut races, fun atmosphere, tropical drinks, another great MK fireworks viewing spot)
3. Jiko (Why: Top notch service, inventive food, wonderful African wines)
4. Boma (Why: Best buffet breakfast in all of WDW, dinner buffet is a great way to introduce yourself to tasty African-inspired cuisine)
5. Wolfgang Puck's Cafe (Why: Colorful atmosphere, huge and varied menu, incredible dessert samplers)
6. Brown Derby (Why: You step into this classy place and can't believe you're in a theme park, grapefruit cake)
7. Chefs de France (Why: The "French Menu", consisting of French Onion Soup w/Gruyere Cheese, Toasted Ham/Cheese Sandwich with small green salad, and Creme Brulee is a great lunch deal at $14.95 per person).

Happy PS planning!

This is where will be eating for two weeks in the Magic!!

Le Cellier
Crystal Palace
Pecos Bills
Boatwrights POR
Hollywood & Vine
Liberty Tree Tavern
Akershus (Norway)
Garden Grill
Ohana
Narcoosees (OUR FAVORITE)
1900 Park Faire

Wishing everyone a "magical" day!:wave:

Some of our favorites that we tend to visit trip after trip are, Chef Mickeys for breakfast, Mama Melrose, ESPN, and the Kona Cafe.

This is our week to make our PSs and this is what we have planned...

Ohana(dinner)...never been

Mama Melrose

Le Cellier(CP Package), never been

Cindys or Chef Mickeys (breakfast)...whichever we can get for Christmas morning

ESPN or Beaches & Cream, never been (no PSs for either of these)

Boma (breakfast), never been

Kona Cafe (dinner & breakfast)

We'll be eating at:
Le Cellier
Sci-Fi Dinner Theater
Jiko's
Boma's
Brown Derby
Biergarten in Germany
The Land Sunshine Buffet
Boatrights
Tony's
Plaza

And having that wonderful roasted chicken in the Animal Kingdom (can't remember the name--but it's considered fast food).

We'll be at:

Chef Mickey's - had breakfast, now I want to try dinner b4 it gets :(
Cinderella's Royal Table - if i have to tell you then you'll never understand :D
Hollywood & Vine - Fantasmic, 1st time for both
Donald's Breakfastosaurus - 1st time
50's Prime Time Cafe - 1st time
Liberty Tree Tavern - 1st time
Princess Storybook Breakfast - 1st time - really want to see Jasmine & Mulan!
Coral Reef - hope to get near the aquarium wall
Crystal Place - had lunch here, want to try breakfast b4 i give it :(
Garden Grill - Candlelight Processional, 1st time for both
Kona Cafe - gotta try Tonga Toast
Sci-Fi Drive-in - 1st time
1900 Park Fare - my chance to finally see Alice!
& the Wonderland Tea Party - birthday surprise

so i'll have a lot of reviews to give when i get back!!!

Gina,

For our upcoming trip, we decided to try all new places, although we might hit Coral Reef again. Love the atmosphere of the fish tank!

This is my week to call for PS's for our trip and so far here's where we'll be eating:

Chef Mickey's: Breakfast
Donald's Breakfastsouraus
Teppanyaki: Lunch
Le Cellier: Dinner with the CP package
50's Prime Time Cafe: Dinner
Whispering Canyon Cafe: (Staying at WL, so I'm sure we'll eat here several times!)

Diznee25

You guys are always so helpful. I try to talk to my family and they just roll their eyes at me.

So far I'm going to try for breakfast @ Chef Mickeys,
I have a CP ressie for my birthday and dinner at San Angel Inn. My kids want to eat at Sci fi again.
crystal palace (my favorite)
the ice cream social @ the garden grill
beaches and cream (The same night I get an illuminations cuise)
The afternoon tea with my girls at the grand floridian
Trails end buffet- ( We are staying at the campground)
Depending on the weather maybe the luau- I get cold real fast and I'm not sure how comfortable I'll be at night.

Well that's about it for now. Thanks, gina

Yachtsman Steakhouse - actually for the grandparents on our first night. Me and the boys (husband comes in later) plan on dining in the room to calm down.

Liberty Tree Tavern everyone for lunch.

San Angel Inn everyone for dinner. Been here before and like the food and the atmosphere.

Rainforest Cafe everyone for dinner.

Goofy's Beach Blast just me, hubby, and boys for breakfast.

Cape May Cafe everyone for dinner. Been here before and loved it.

Jiko - just me and hubby on parents night out. 1st time, keep hearing great things about this place. Can't wait.

Spoodles grandparents and grandkids for dinner.

Sci-Fi Dine In everyone for lunch. Been here and liked the atmosphere the best.

50s Prime Time everyone for dinner. Loved the place, especially the interaction. Hope we get a good server.

Crystal Palace just me, hubby, and boys for lunch.

Garden Grill everyone for dinner. We've been here 2x and will always go back.

I think that's it... I'm full just typing them all.

Here is where I made our PS's for this time: Kona Cafe- I have heard 99% positive reviews; looking forward to the teriyaki strip

Cinderella's Royal Table for lunch- I wanted to eat in the castle without the hassle of the character breakfast.

Boma- I was going to eat at Whispering Canyon this night, because I loved it last time, but I wanted to see the Animal Kingdom Lodge and have heard such great things about Boma.

Cape May Cafe- I just loved this buffet last time- great selection, good tasting food and FAB dessert bar!

50's Prime Time- had a PS for last trip, but didn't make it. I want to experience it for myself and see if I think it is fun.

I have to also suggest 'Ohana- it was probably our favorite meal last time. Great food, wonderful view of the castle, and if you can get a window seat, a perfect view of the fireworks. We loved it.

I've finished all my PS ressie's and it goes like this.....

Breakfasts
---- CRT (not great food, but it's the castle)I still can't believe I got in
Crystal Palace - 8:05 - before the park opens to get a great family pic before the crowds get in.
Kona Cafe - mmmmmmm Tonga Toast
O'hanas - lots of fun
Chef Mickey's- I got my napkin already to twirl

Lunches -
Animal Kingdom - cute place
Crystal Palace - love Pooh

Dinners - Boma's - the place to be - Zebra Domes
...........Chef Mickey's- best prime rib and lots of shrimp - lots of fun
...............O'hana's - great meal, fun
...............Rose and Crown with the CP package - timed it for Illuminations
...............LTT - before MVMCP - great food
..............Crystal Palace - more Pooh

Snacks - Aloha Island for some Dole Whips at MK
..........Epcot =- the icecream social
..........Girhadelli's for a choc. covered banana with nuts

Other than that, we're doing quick food.
Hope it helps!!

I made one PS for each day we're there. I figured we'd wing-it the rest of the time.

12/17 - arrival day - we're visiting DTD and having dinner at RFC
12/18 - dinner @ LTT before MVMCP
12/19 - Donald's Breakfastosaurus
12/20 - Spirit of Aloha
12/21 - Sci-Fi

I tried to pick places that sounded fun, and that would be appealing to the adults and my DS, who will be 11 then. I'm pretty pleased with my decisions.

Now, if December would only hurry and get here!!!!

:Pinkbounc

I love this everyones plans sound wonderful. Keep them coming. I'm getting some great ideas.

Most of ours are based around our 2 DD's ( 6 & 2 )

Ice cream social

CRT breakfast

Princess breakfast in Norway

1900PF breakfast

1900PF dinner

Crystal Palace dinner

Liberty Tree Tavern dinner for MNSSHP

Grand Adventures in Cooking

My Disney Girl Princess Grand Tea Party ( a trial event )

I hope to sneak in a few steaks in between the character dinners when the girls let me !!

Alec

Here's Where I'll be eating:

Chef Mickeys for supper. First time eating here
Princess Storybook Breakfast. Frist time here as well
Garden Grill for supper
Donald's Breakfasarus. First time here
Counter/Sit down resturant in MK for Spectro
Crystal Palace for supper before MVMCP
CRT for breakfast!
Hollywood and Vine for supper with Fantasmic
Rose & Crown for supper with CP Package. Late seating so I can watch Illuminations.
50's Primetime Cafe for lunch

For counter Service I can recommend:
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe and Pecos Bill's in MK
Sunshine Season Food Fair in Epcot
ABC Commisary in MGM
Pizzafari in AK

Originally posted by bubblefactory
Most of ours are based around our 2 DD's ( 6 & 2 )

My Disney Girl Princess Grand Tea Party (a trial event )

Alec
WOW!!!
from the description it sounds like it going to be quite a once in a lifetime treat
are you sending the 2 yr old as well?

Please post a review as soon as you get back!

unfortunately the trial is scheduled to be over b4 our trip
:(

This is our first trip, so I can't give reviews on any of these yet, but this is what we've got PSes for (some of these will probably be cancelled, but we made a bunch just so we'd have them if we needed them):

Breakfasts: Kona, Whispering Canyon, 1900 Park Faire, Boma

Lunches: counter service and winging it except Beaches and Cream (which you cant get a Ps for)

Dinners: Boma, Ohana's, Cape May Cafe, Hollywood and Vine for Fantasmic, Crystal Palace for MVMCP, and House of Blues or Trails End (both non-PS)

We definitely plan to eat around the world in Epcot, but we don't have PSes (we want to have soup at Le Cellier and entree at Chefs de France- but we will probably do counter service for the rest).

Our trip is a mere two months away and coming fast. This trip is for our second wedding anniversary and will be DH's first time at any Disney property. I've got a great list of PS's to share with y'all.

11/27 'Ohana for Thanksgiving Dinner and view of Wishes
11/28 We will snack our way "Around the World" and sample a tidbit from each country at Epcot
11/29 Citricos for our Anniversary Celebration
11/30 Kona Cafe for Tonga Toast and Kona Coffee (going to need it for the evening, opening night of MVMCP!)
12/1 Princess Storybook Breakfast for DH's very first character meal
12/1 Rose and Crown for a dinner and IllumiNations!
12/3 Crystal Palace for another character brekkie.
12/3 CRT for Dinner at the palace
12/4 Dinner at Boma (I can't wait for this one)
12/5 Fantasmic! Dinner Package at Hollywood Brown Derby.

Oh goodness, I better clear my Disney Visa and stop eating now!

---Andra
An extra bottle of Maalox Max just added to the packing list.
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter