It's almost PS time, Where are you eating?

Every trip we make it a point to eat our way around the countries. Yummy. Everyone has such wonderful ps's I want to join u all.

Hi NavyDotz

No , unfortunately the minimum age is 4 so DD no 2 is coming on a lap of the monorail with me ( she wants to drive ! ) while DW and DD no1 go to the party. We were lucky to see the tip off posted in the resort board and I called and got a booking for the first day. Watch for the trip report we will be reporting on the event !! I hope it's a success and you get to go if it continues.

Alec

myself, DH, and DSs 2 and 4:
Breakfast--Kona's, Donald's Breakfastosaurus
Lunch--Kona's, Toy Story Pizza Planet and Sci-Fi, the Plaza, Beaches and Cream, Whispering Canyon Cafe
Dinner--LTT, O'hanas, LeCellier(sans enfants), Mama Melrose, HDDR
Would love to do GF tea but can't find the time!

The following list are places we intend to eat during our upcoming trip. All but one are "new" to us, which we are trying to do. We picked them based on our touring plans. Except for O'hanas... I've heard so many great reviews on these boards that I'm going out of my way to eat there and will probably have to miss the AK parade to do so.

Columbia Harbour House, MK
The Plaza, Main Street MK
Princess Character Breakfast at Norway in Epcot
Hollywood and Vine, at MGM
Sci Fi Diner (I did go here once and like the atmosphere for kids I prefer this at lunch, since it's dark inside)
Riverside Mill Food Court (to accompany us at the pool)
Rainforest Cafe (maybe) at DTD
Ghiradella's Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop (definately) at DTD
Cape May Cafe Clam Bake, at the BC
Boatrights Dining Hall at POR
Food and Wine Festival samplings with dessert, the "Kitchen Sink," at Beaches and Cream, BC
Le Cellier Steakhouse at Canada in Epcot
Boma's breakfast buffet at the AKL
O'hanas at the Polynesian
Peco Bills, counter service at the MK
Chef Mickey for dinner, at the Contemporary
Portabella Yaht Club for an anniversary dinner

In the past we used to hit our favorites, which always included a lunch at the Liberty Tree Tavern (great setting and good food, although I haven't eaten there in years) and the Italian place in Italy (same deal... LOVED the opera singer!) We also liked our meal at Mamma Melrose at MGM, pleasant inside with great lobster ravioli. I wasn't happy with the Grand Floridain Cafe.. I thought it was very blah in all areas (atmosphere, service, food quality)

There just isn't enough TIME to eat at all the places we want to!

But, these are a definite:

Boma's -- excellent quality and very interesting food (especially the prime rib and the soups!)
Olivia's at OKW because we're staying there --- it's easy to get in without a reservation, the atmosphere is so relaxed and laid back, and we've had some good meals there. Might not be the best restraurant at Disney, but we like it and end up going there when we're so mellow we can't decide on where we want to eat (usually several times a trip)

These are 'Likely to eat at":
Kona Cafe -- have had many, many very good meals there and it's easy to get into without a reservation
Le Cellier -- cheese soup is phenomenal
Various booths in the World Showcase, since it's the Food and Wine festival
Flame Tree Barbeque -- but I see the menu is changed

Not sure we'll do our usual stop at the Norway restaurant, since it's been changed to ordering one hot selection from the kitchen. We actually love the cold selections for lunch, and just eat a little of the hot food anyway. Since it's Food and Wine festival, we may not do any Epcot restaurants.

For our next trip we are considering the following:

Chef Mickey's dinner
Garden Grill dinner
Crystal Palace breakfast
1900 Park Fare breakfast
Rainforest Cafe

We have been to CM, GG and RC before but the CP and 1900 Park Fare breakfast (have been to dinner) are new this time.

Some of our favorites we will not be doing this trip since we will have DS with us and we think he would enjoy the character meals more than fancy dinners at Artist Point, Brown Derby and Fulton's Crab House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter