"It's an adventure" Day 13: Rest

wickesy

<font color=royalblue>Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love y
Monday 23rd April

After a bit of a restless night I woke up feeling quite sick. I took a couple of ginger tablets and got up at 9:00 but came over dizzy and had to retreat back to bed where I lay for an hour.

After a mug of apple juice I felt better, got up at 10:00 and we left the room at 10:30. Today was another ‘do what we feel like’ day so we took a run out to Celebration. We had a walk around what was almost a ghost town but as the weather was still quite hot and I still didn’t feel great we went back to the hotel to get out of the sun.

When we got back our room still hadn’t been made up so we went down and sat in the Outer Rim lounge for a while drinking more apple juice. We popped back to the room every now and then and came back out again because it still hadn’t been made up but at 2:30 we gave up and just stayed in the room vowing to go out again once the maid came along.

At 4:10 I decided I was well enough to do what I had planned for this afternoon, which was to catch the Off Kilter show at EPCOT. We parked up in Amaze 33 and made our way straight round to Canada where I bought the Off Kilter CDs from the little stand there and we found a seat in the shade for the show. The band played a great set even posing for photographs and videos in the middle of songs and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

After the show we walked round to Morocco where I had hoped to get some CDs of the Mo’Rockin show but they didn’t have any and as we had just missed the boat across the lagoon we walked back round and made our way to Spaceship Earth.

Unfortunately we walked onto Spaceship Earth just behind a large group of what I think were cheerleaders judging by the lanyards they were wearing. Now I think this group had never seen a camera before and had just been given one each as they proceeded to take a constant stream of photographs all the way round the attraction. There were flashes going off constantly and it seemed as though they were in a competition to see who could take the most photographs, either that or they were hoping to print them out and flick through them in some sort of primitive video ride-through of the attraction. It was really quite off-putting and spoilt what is actually quite a nice attraction. Then to make matters worse when they got out of the ride vehicles they just stood on the moving platform waiting for it to deliver them to the exit!

From there we went back to the hotel, arriving around 7:15 and going down to the Food and Fun Center where I got a Cuban Sandwich basket and Dad got a Bacon Double Cheeseburger Basket which we took back to the room to eat on the balcony. I didn’t eat much of mine and whether I had eaten something funny or got too much sun I don’t know but I had a dodgy stomach for the rest of the trip and didn’t really feel right until a couple of days after we got home.

We were in bed by about 9:30 hoping that tomorrow would be a bit better.

Tomorrow: “I need to cancel that please.” Day 14

Sorry to hear you were feeling a bit poorly David, What did you think of Celebration?. We loved it when we visited last October and I would love to own a house there.:goodvibes

so awful to be feeling ill when on holiday but it nearly always seems to happen to me. I always blame the air conditioning!

Susan

I hope feeling rough didnt ruin the rest of your holiday :)

:surfweb:

Jodie

feeling ill :scared: AND cheerleaders en masse!!!:cheer2: can;t wait for next report:)

Sorry to hear you were feeling a bit poorly David, What did you think of Celebration?. We loved it when we visited last October and I would love to own a house there.:goodvibes

We liked it but neither of us were really in the mood to have a proper look around so I will probably have another run out there next year.

So sorry you were feeling ill, that is always rotten on holiday. Glad you were able to get out for a while in the afternoon.

Laur's princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter