"It's an adventure" Day 6: Universal

wickesy

<font color=royalblue>Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love y
Monday 16th April

After a lazy day yesterday it was back to the early starts this morning and we were up at 7:00 for a day at Universal.

We were out at 8:15 and when we got to the car I flicked the windscreen wipers on to get rid of the rain on the windscreen. It didn’t go and then I realised it was condensation on the inside. I’m not sure exactly how that happened but the only thing I can put it down to is that the carpet in the rear passenger area was still soaking wet and maybe that had formed condensation on the windscreen somehow.

We arrived at Universal and parked up in King Kong 107 at 8:50. We were at the gates by 9:00 and first stop was Shrek. Now as I have said I suffer from motion sickness and so having read the warnings I chickened out and opted for the stationary seating. Having seen the film maybe I was over cautious and I think next time I would take the ordinary seating.

The weather was still milder than normal and both Dad and I were feeling a bit chilly in T-shirts so next stop was the Universal Studios Store where we bought a hooded sweatshirt each to keep the chill off. Feeling a bit more cosy we set off round to ET. This was another ride that I loved both last time and this time although I don’t think the gimmick of ET saying your name at the end is worth the time it adds to the queue.

Having helped ET save his home planet we went round to Jaws which was another new ride for us. We both enjoyed this one as well which was helped by having a skipper who played her part well and luckily we didn’t get too wet.

Next stop was Earthquake which was showing a 15 minute wait but I think we only waited about 10. I enjoyed this ride as I had when we were here before and although I was on the right hand side of the train I didn’t get too wet.
From Earthquake we went round to Twister and I have to say this is the only attraction in the whole 2 weeks that we were disappointed with. I think it gets such a big build up from the films on the overhead monitors as you are waiting to go in and then you are basically left standing watching a feeble attraction. Dad produces far more wind than we felt in that attraction! :rotfl2: It certainly wouldn’t be on my list for a repeat visit.

After Twister we went across to the Monster café where we had a Chicken Caesar salad and a Coke each for $21.96.

From lunch we went round to the Animal Actors on Location show. I loved the beginning of this show, particularly the fact that all the animals at the beginning walked on and off set in the right places with nobody to guide them and with no signs of wandering off course. I also enjoyed the show itself.
After the show I bought some more pins and a shot glass for my collection, total spend $46.07 and then we made our way over to Islands of Adventure.

First stop was Poseidon’s Fury which was showing a 20 minute wait but I think we waited more like 40. I think this was a good show but because we had been waiting for so long and because it was quite crowded I don’t think we enjoyed it as much as we would have done if we had done it earlier in the day.

I had been hoping to see Eighth Voyage of Sinbad but by this time it was too late to make the final show so I decided to try the Trolley Ride in Seuss Landing before we left. As we walked through Seuss Landing there seemed to be a line for the Trolley Ride and I couldn’t see any trolleys running so we decided just to leave it for another time.

We left the park and there was only one more must do before we left City Walk…………CINNABON!!! I had read a lot about Cinnabon when I first started reading about Disney and we finally had our first ones in Ottawa last year. One was enough to fall in love and now whenever we are near a Cinnabon shop we always have to have one. We had a classic Cinnabon and a root beer each but I don’t have a note of the cost.

Once we had eaten we returned to the hotel arriving around 5:00. We went down to the Food and Fun Center where I had a Chilli Dog ‘n’ Cheese basket and Key Lime pie, Dad had a Grilled Chicken Basket and Jumbo Cookie and we filled our mugs for a total spend of $19.16. We took the food up to the room and enjoyed a meal on the balcony.

After relaxing for a while we popped down to the shops before coming back up and retiring to bed at 9:45.

Tomorrow: “We’ll think about it” Day 7

Another great day David, we went to Universal last year for the first time in ages and loved it :thumbsup2

Another wonderful day at the parks

Susan

Great Universal day, David, I love it there. Shrek is not too rough, the seats do move a bit but mostly just galloping along with Donkey, I find it quite enjoyable. I would give it a go next time. And in fact, I have been on this a few times and think my seat actually only moved on two of those occassions!

Laur's princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter