It's been 549 days but we are finally home! ~ an August '21 birthday celebration! New PTR link 01/02

Food and Wine fun!

Heading towards World Showcase from the Land, we came across the Noodle Exchange. Jack loves Pho so we decided to stop there. He went for the "Traditional Spicy Vietnamese Beef Pho with Shaved Beef, Enoki Mushrooms, and Thai Basil". I just don't think he realized how spicy it was as he thought the peppers were sweet peppers not the super hot ones! Even with the level of heat, he really enjoyed this dish.
IMG_9132.jpeg

Up next, we were hometown proud and went to Canada to check out Appleseed Orchard. One of our favourite breweries, Collective Arts Brewing, from Hamilton, Ontario was represented and we both went for their "Circling the Sun Hard Cider". This was perfect and refreshing on such a hot afternoon.
IMG_9133.jpeg

IMG_9134.jpeg

Jack really wanted to go back to the Japan booth for the Tempura Shrimp Sando again so we headed there next. We got to see one of the princess cavalcades as we walked and of course I loved it!
IMG_9137.jpeg

I was still so full from breakfast but we both were craving the delicious
Schöfferhofer Wild Cherry Hefeweizen, Mainz. Oh my gosh, I wish I could buy this in the store here. Definitely one of my favourites!
IMG_9138.jpeg
See the smile on that boy's face once he is fed and watered!

IMG_9139.jpeg

By this point, it was getting hotter and as you know, the sun is relentless in World Showcase. We decided to head out to Wilderness Lodge and see if it was possible to check in a little early. I was so excited to be staying at my DVC home for the first time!

Next up...a fun afternoon at Geyser Point with friends!

I was still so full from breakfast but we both were craving the delicious Schöfferhofer Wild Cherry Hefeweizen, Mainz. Oh my gosh, I wish I could buy this in the store here. Definitely one of my favourites!
IMG_9138.jpeg
I will have to keep my eye out for it. We have the grapefruit variety in liquor store around here.

Oh these are so good. Jason got them a few years back and still one of our favorite breakfast items

Of course, I had to wear my Epcot inspired dress and bubblegum wall ears for the occasion!
IMG_9122.jpeg
Love your dress!

Heading towards World Showcase from the Land, we came across the Noodle Exchange. Jack loves Pho so we decided to stop there. He went for the "Traditional Spicy Vietnamese Beef Pho with Shaved Beef, Enoki Mushrooms, and Thai Basil".
Yum!!! We were so close to stopping here but hot, spicy pho didn't seem like what I wanted on a 90+ degree day. But love us some pho. Just need some cold weather to really appreciate it

ne of our favourite breweries, Collective Arts Brewing, from Hamilton, Ontario was represented and we both went for their "Circling the Sun Hard Cider". This was perfect and refreshing on such a hot afternoon.
How fun they had a cider from all the way in Ontario

I was still so full from breakfast but we both were craving the delicious Schöfferhofer Wild Cherry Hefeweizen, Mainz. Oh my gosh, I wish I could buy this in the store here.
Oh I forgot we had this last month and how good it was. I've been able to find Passion Fruit Schofferhofer around here, but it is not as good as the cherry

I will have to keep my eye out for it. We have the grapefruit variety in liquor store around here.
We have the grrapefruit here too and I enjoy it. The cherry is a whole other level though.
Oh these are so good. Jason got them a few years back and still one of our favorite breakfast items
They were fantastic!
Love your dress!
Thank you! It's from Ambrie...they have a line of park inspired dresses that are very comfortable.
Yum!!! We were so close to stopping here but hot, spicy pho didn't seem like what I wanted on a 90+ degree day. But love us some pho. Just need some cold weather to really appreciate it
Jack will eat pho regardless of temp!
How fun they had a cider from all the way in Ontario
The best beer and cider is Canadian.......:goodvibes
Oh I forgot we had this last month and how good it was. I've been able to find Passion Fruit Schofferhofer around here, but it is not as good as the cherry
Love this one so much!

Why yes, I do want chocolate for breakfast!
Why of course! How could you not?
The Yacht Club is one of my favourite resorts and I hadn't been there since their recent refresh. I have to say I was very disappointed with the lobby now. It looked like they picked up some clearance carpets and threw them on the floors. It used to be so understated and elegant there.
Oh really? :(
Such a shame.
Jack went for a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice
Now you're talking. ::yes::
I thought it looked really good but my fussy 21 year old was not enthused.
Really? I thought it looked good too.
I knew exactly what I was going for and ordered the Dark Chocolate Waffle (Dried Cherry Compote, Espresso-Mascarpone Cream, Chocolate Shavings, and choice of Sausage or Bacon) with bacon as my side. This was pure decadence.
Holy cow!!
I like it!
were lucky enough to spot Joy out and about. I loved these spontaneous character sightings!
IMG_9131.jpeg
That's so cool! And so much better than the stagnant meets at the end of a hall in some room.
Even with the level of heat, he really enjoyed this dish.
I'm impressed!
we both went for their "Circling the Sun Hard Cider".
mmm... that sounds good.
Jack really wanted to go back to the Japan booth for the Tempura Shrimp Sando again
So he's only a one and done in respect to rides.
We decided to head out to Wilderness Lodge and see if it was possible to check in a little early. I was so excited to be staying at my DVC home for the first time!
I bet you were!

Why of course! How could you not?
On vacation, chocolate for breakfast is always ok. :)
Oh really? :(
Such a shame.
I was so upset by it. They took everything that was classic and beautiful about that lobby and made it look cheap and tawdry.
Really? I thought it looked good too.
I cannot figure him out sometimes.....
That's so cool! And so much better than the stagnant meets at the end of a hall in some room.
I really love the random character sightings!
mmm... that sounds good.
Collective Arts Brewing has some really interesting beers, gin cocktails and ciders. I don't know if it is available in Manitoba but the website is definitely worth checking out.

https://collectiveartsbrewing.com
So he's only a one and done in respect to rides.
He's an one and done if he doesn't want to do it again..... :rolleyes2
I bet you were!
It did not disappoint!:goodvibes

On vacation, chocolate for breakfast is always ok. :)
::yes::
I was so upset by it. They took everything that was classic and beautiful about that lobby and made it look cheap and tawdry.
Oh man. :( That sounds... really bad.
Collective Arts Brewing has some really interesting beers, gin cocktails and ciders. I don't know if it is available in Manitoba but the website is definitely worth checking out.
I checked and while we do have Collective Arts here, it's only 3 beers... and I don't drink beer. Ah well..
He's an one and done if he doesn't want to do it again..... :rolleyes2
Heh.

Hi honey, we're home!

There is no better feeling than turning onto Timberline Drive and seeing the beautiful Wilderness Lodge. This resort has my whole heart and I am so happy I chose it to be my DVC home. Jack was absolutely blown away by the gorgeous lobby. We had a wonderful CM who helped us at the front desk when I went to inquire if a room might be ready. He said we could choose to wait for the room they had originally selected for us or he would see if one was available now. We were feeling ready to settle in so were happy to take the first available room.

Our room was clean and tidy, although you can definitely see that Boulder Ridge is overdue on an update.
IMG_9140.jpeg

The room sleeps five with a queen bed, the sofa bed pullout and the pull down single. Unfortunately the sofa bed was unusable but the pull down single was very comfortable.
IMG_9141.jpeg

There was so much storage in the kitchenette.

IMG_9142.jpeg

The bathroom was functional but SO small and dark. This area needs a major upgrade. I do really love the theming of these rooms though and hope the refresh doesn't make them too bland and IKEAish.

We headed out to stroll around the resort and meet up with some DisBoard friends at the wonderful Geyser Point. We spied @CruellaNY and @JennySanders already settled in a table and they quickly pulled over extra chairs for us to join in. This turned out to be the best afternoon filled with many laughs, drinks and awesome conversation. @pepperandchips joined us following her MK day and it was wonderful to hang out with her as well. A special shout out has to go to Ariane's husband, Steve and Jenny's husband, Joe who both went out of their way to include Jack in the conversation and made him feel so welcome. We also were surprised when we went up to pay our bill and found that Ariane and Steve had treated us. It was totally unexpected and so, so thoughtful.

IMG_9200.JPG

IMG_9144.jpeg
Nothing better than that Geyser Point view!

Our fabulous server, Rob, had asked Jack for his ID and realized they shared the same birthday. So he came over with a special treat for his birthday twin which Jack really enjoyed. Such great pixie dust!
IMG_9143.jpeg

Ariane, Steve, Jenny and Joe had to go up to change for dinner. Melinda, Jack and I continued chatting and enjoyed another beverage until it was time for her to join them. It was so comfortable talking to Melinda, I felt as though I had always known her!

Jack and I went to grab our suitcases from the car and get settled into our room. We were both feeling a little peckish and decided we would head back to Geyser Point for dinner. After all, why fix what isn't broken!

We both went for the delicious Huckleberry Punch which we loved.
IMG_9146 (1).jpeg

IMG_9149 (1).jpeg

We did have dinner as well and I went for the fabulous salmon with roasted vegetables and quinoa. This was an absolute steal at $16.00 and so good!
IMG_9151.jpeg

Jack thoroughly enjoyed the Bison burger and promptly declared it to be one of the best burgers he ever had.
IMG_9152.jpeg

After dinner, we thought we would try to go and catch Happily Ever After from the back of the train station area but even that was too crowded for our comfort level and was stifling hot with so many people. We decided to just head back to the Lodge and in retrospect, should have just watched from the boat dock there.

Luckily the night redeemed itself by meeting up again with the gang after their dinner and enjoying more drinks (mine were only water by this point, I think they broke me, lol) and conversation. Disney friends are the best friends!

It looks like a great welcome home at WL
The gang you met with are so awesome, they really do make you feel comfortable and always so much to talk about!
I still have not tried the food at Geyser Point and I need to!

There is no better feeling than turning onto Timberline Drive and seeing the beautiful Wilderness Lodge.
It's such a beautiful resort.
This resort has my whole heart and I am so happy I chose it to be my DVC home.
I totally get it. I came pretty close to doing the same thing!
Jack was absolutely blown away by the gorgeous lobby.
No surprised there. ::yes::
Unfortunately the sofa bed was unusable
Oh? Why?
We spied @CruellaNY and @JennySanders already settled in a table and they quickly pulled over extra chairs for us to join in.
Nice! I've yet to meet them.
@pepperandchips joined us following her MK day
And also nice... and while I "know" her a bit, don't think she "knows" me.
We also were surprised when we went up to pay our bill and found that Ariane and Steve had treated us. It was totally unexpected and so, so thoughtful.
Very nice of them. :)
We did have dinner as well and I went for the fabulous salmon with roasted vegetables and quinoa. This was an absolute steal at $16.00 and so good!

Jack thoroughly enjoyed the Bison burger and promptly declared it to be one of the best burgers he ever had.
Those both looked and sounded good.
Luckily the night redeemed itself by meeting up again with the gang after their dinner and enjoying more drinks (mine were only water by this point, I think they broke me, lol)
:laughing:

Thank you for the heads up about this report!! It's been ages since I've had a chance to be here for sure! All subbed in now and will catch up as I can, Sweet Friend! :)

And one in my favourite DDS dress......
IMG_9108.jpeg

I love your Dress! It's so cute.

We entered the Swan and quickly found the restaurant access corridor. We were both salivating at the thought of a delicious sushi meal and were so excited to get to the doors of Kimonos. The only thing was...they were closed!! The website had not said anything about reduced hours but unfortunately they were only open Friday through Sunday at this time.

That's just terrible.

After finishing up, we decided the only thing that would cheer us up was going on Tower of Terror. While we had a longer than expected wait, it was a lot of fun and we were happy with the end of our day.

Love TOT. Great way to end your evening.

Our plans for this morning were to head over to Ale and Compass at the Yacht Club for breakfast.

We ate here for the first time in September and loved it. I have ADR to go back at the end of November.

I knew exactly what I was going for and ordered the Dark Chocolate Waffle (Dried Cherry Compote, Espresso-Mascarpone Cream, Chocolate Shavings, and choice of Sausage or Bacon) with bacon as my side.

No one ordered this but it sounds heavenly.

Of course, I had to wear my Epcot inspired dress and bubblegum wall ears for the occasion!
IMG_9122.jpeg

Another cute dress. I have this print but it's the swing dress. It's so comfortable.

We headed out to stroll around the resort and meet up with some DisBoard friends at the wonderful Geyser Point. We spied @CruellaNY and @JennySanders already settled in a table and they quickly pulled over extra chairs for us to join in. This turned out to be the best afternoon filled with many laughs, drinks and awesome conversation. @pepperandchips joined us following her MK day and it was wonderful to hang out with her as well. A special shout out has to go to Ariane's husband, Steve and Jenny's husband, Joe who both went out of their way to include Jack in the conversation and made him feel so welcome. We also were surprised when we went up to pay our bill and found that Ariane and Steve had treated us. It was totally unexpected and so, so thoughtful.

Sounds like a great afternoon with great company.

Our fabulous server, Rob, had asked Jack for his ID and realized they shared the same birthday. So he came over with a special treat for his birthday twin which Jack really enjoyed. Such great pixie dust!
IMG_9143.jpeg

Love Jack's Pixie Dust. Mickey bar is always a hit with me.

Luckily the night redeemed itself by meeting up again with the gang after their dinner and enjoying more drinks (mine were only water by this point, I think they broke me, lol) and conversation. Disney friends are the best friends!

Perfect way to end your night.

What a brilliant arrival day at WL. Can’t think of a better way to spend some time. So nice of Ariane and Steve to treat you all and glad to hear Jack got s little pixie dust for his birthday :goodvibes

It looks like a great welcome home at WL
The gang you met with are so awesome, they really do make you feel comfortable and always so much to talk about!
I still have not tried the food at Geyser Point and I need to!
You are so right, Caroline. We felt so at ease and there were lots of laughs and great conversation! :) The food at Geyser Point is consistently great!
I totally get it. I came pretty close to doing the same thing!
Do you think you might ever take the plunge? I am glad I bought when I did and would like to add on another contract.
The frame seemed bent and didn't unfold easily. It was so uncomfortable. Luckily the twin bed was really comfortable and Jack had no issues with the length (he is 5'9").
Nice! I've yet to meet them.
They are such great people! I am sure you would really enjoy meeting them.
Those both looked and sounded good.
Absolutely delicious! The food at Geyser Point really is excellent.

Thank you for the heads up about this report!! It's been ages since I've had a chance to be here for sure! All subbed in now and will catch up as I can, Sweet Friend! :)
Yay! So glad you are here, Liesa!
I love your Dress! It's so cute.
Thank you! It's the Aristocats dress from Disney Dress Shoppe. I love their dresses so much!
That's just terrible.
We were pretty upset.
No one ordered this but it sounds heavenly.
I would recommend it when you go back in November. It was so good!
Another cute dress. I have this print but it's the swing dress. It's so comfortable.
I love the Ambrie dresses too.....they are so soft and comfy. The only thing I find is that they tend to run a little big. I have two of the skater dresses (world traveller and royal tea) and two swing dresses (alice inspired and cinderella inspired).
Sounds like a great afternoon with great company.
It really was such fun!
Love Jack's Pixie Dust. Mickey bar is always a hit with me.
That would be the first of many special moments from Rob. He went out of his way to create magic for us.
What a brilliant arrival day at WL. Can’t think of a better way to spend some time. So nice of Ariane and Steve to treat you all and glad to hear Jack got s little pixie dust for his birthday :goodvibes
We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! Ariane and Steve were kind and generous to a fault and we really appreciated their thoughtfulness.

A special shout out has to go to Ariane's husband, Steve and Jenny's husband, Joe who both went out of their way to include Jack in the conversation and made him feel so welcome.
They are all great people!

We also were surprised when we went up to pay our bill and found that Ariane and Steve had treated us. It was totally unexpected and so, so thoughtful.
Steve is sneaky like that!

How cute! I love that kind of magic!

Do you think you might ever take the plunge? I am glad I bought when I did and would like to add on another contract.
I don’t know for sure, but… most likely not. Just too many other places I want to go still.
The frame seemed bent and didn't unfold easily. It was so uncomfortable.
Ah. And… odd.
They are such great people! I am sure you would really enjoy meeting them.
I’m sure I would. :)

Imagine our excitement when we secured group 84! Yay!

Yay! We've never had to try for the 1 o'clock BG, but I can imagine that's very stressful!

We had at 2:10 reservation for Oga's that I had been on the fence about. It is so small and crowded in there and I was a bit freaked out about the high Covid rates. Jack really wanted to go though so I pushed through my worries and went.

We've STILL never been. I can't even cont how many reservations we've cancelled there…it's getting to be a running joke. One of these days!

EE was a walk on and so much fun! No better way to start off the day!
IMG_9081.jpeg

You look adorable, and I think I have that same shirt!

Once at Satuli, I went for my beloved chili spiced tofu on the hearty salad. Jack went for the combo beef and chicken bowl with the noodles. I really enjoyed mine but he found his bland and said "can we not do anymore quick serve places?" An easy request to make when mom is footing the bill, right???

That's surprising since Satuli is so well loved…definitely a notch above regular QS.

See, pink meets pink!
IMG_9106.jpeg

So pretty! I love your pink dress :lovestruc

SO disappointed and more than a little hangry. We walked back across the bridge and ended up settling for dinner at Big River Grille. I went for the Cobb salad and a beer while Jack had a burger. The food was fine,

I've heard good things about this place, but maybe it's just good in a pinch and not somewhere to go out of your way for?

I was in breakfast heaven and the only disappointment was that I couldn't manage to eat all three!

IMG_9116.jpeg
Yum…the look delicious!

IMG_9122.jpeg

Awesome! You look great!

We spied @CruellaNY and @JennySanders already settled in a table and they quickly pulled over extra chairs for us to join in. This turned out to be the best afternoon filled with many laughs, drinks and awesome conversation. @pepperandchips joined us following her MK day and it was wonderful to hang out with her as well.

What a fun afternoon! :love:

I had to wear my Epcot inspired dress and bubblegum wall ears for the occasion!

I love this!! So cute!

We decided to head out to Wilderness Lodge and see if it was possible to check in a little early. I was so excited to be staying at my DVC home for the first time!

That would be super exciting after all this time!!

It was so comfortable talking to Melinda, I felt as though I had always known her!

That is the absolute best about meeting new DisFriends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter