"Its tough to be a bug" refurbishment August.

My DD has loved tough to be a bug aged 3 and 4 - last time she complained because her bottom didn't get poked (she musn't have been sitting far enough back in the seat)

The man next to DH screamed and grabbed hold of him!

Should really re-name the title "Its tough to be a bug" refurbishment August & September! seeing as it effects the whole of this month!

We are going 14th - 29th Sept and really gutted this wont be open! AK doesn't have an awful lot that we really enjoy but this is one of them! :sad2:

Same here. Slightly later travel dates but don't really want to have to re do whole schedule for one show!

From memory I think we have MK pencilled in for the 18th, last full day before our relatives fly home so it would be great if it re-opened for then. If not we will be back in after the cruise could be 22nd or 23rd.

When DH was on Backstage magic last month he was reading the cast notice boards in the utilidors and they had Tikis slated to re-open September.

When DH was on Backstage magic last month he was reading the cast notice boards in the utilidors and they had Tikis slated to re-open September.

Something for next trip then (Oct if I get flights):goodvibes

Are the bugs cartoon type or real bugs? I could cope with cartoons but not real footage! Glad this will be reopen half way through our trip, even if my eyes will be shut!.

There are no real bugs but don't like detailing what happens, better to find out yourself.:goodvibes

i forgot to post - this now appears on the disney website...
tough to be a bug closing for refurbishment on august 15th...
i'm upset we won't get to see it...

i'm not telling the kids because they'll be really upset...they love this one and really wanted to experience it with their spouses.....they even love the waiting area for this one...as well as the line area...

Awww will miss ITTBAB but I just told my bf about Primeevil Whirl as I didn't know about that one and he was like NOOOOO!

I'm glad that Little Mermaid is back open again September 3rd as that would of been the one that I would be gutted about.

this is one of my absolute faves and glad I`ll still be able to use it, cracks me up at the end when you think they`re all crawling through your shorts

Im now wondering what will be closed when we go:confused3. Although i tend to go out of peak times at present I dont understand why they close two main attractions for refurb at peak times. Why not jan or feb.:confused3 love Ttbab so glad it will be open. Not done little mermaid for 4 years so on the to do list this time

Im now wondering what will be closed when we go:confused3. Although i tend to go out of peak times at present I dont understand why they close two main attractions for refurb at peak times. Why not jan or feb.:confused3 love Ttbab so glad it will be open. Not done little mermaid for 4 years so on the to do list this time

i hate to break it to you, but i think Blizzard Beach will be closed when you're there.

you'll be there in November?
BB is closed for refurbishment Sunday, October 30 - Saturday, December 03

i don't understand why they're not closing it in the middle of the winter...(january or february)

oh my god - they just changed it again...
10 minutes later....these guys are killing me...
and bug IS closed when we're there.....geez....

so here it is again, this time including the waterparks and with another DHS change that was just added to the website (the schedule seems to change from minute to minute):

DHS:
Voyage of The Little Mermaid - Closed For Refurbishment [ Monday, August 15 - Saturday, September 03 ]

Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show - Closed For Refurbishment [ Monday, October 03 - Thursday, October 06 ]

Studio Backlot Tour - Closed For Refurbishment [ Monday, September 05 - Saturday, September 24 ]

AK:

Primeval Whirl - Closed For Refurbishment [ Friday, July 01 - Wednesday, September 14 ]

It's Tough to be a Bug! - Closed For Refurbishment [ Monday, August 15 - Friday, September 30 ]

MK:
Frontierland Shootin' Arcade - Closed For Refurbishment [ Friday, July 01 - Friday, September 30 ]

The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management - Closed For Refurbishment [ Friday, July 01 - Monday, August 15 ]

Swiss Family Treehouse - Closed For Refurbishment [ Thursday, September 08 - Thursday, November 17 ]

Blizzard Beach
Closed For Refurbishment [ Sunday, October 30 - Saturday, December 03 ]

Typhoon Lagoon
Closed For Refurbishment [ Sunday, December 04 - Saturday, December 31 ]

Its stupid isnt it. Blizzard beach isnt a prob for us this time as wont hv time. I prefer TL anyway. Tht is so not good abt TTBAB. They really need to think of their timings better and update when not so busy. Sorry u will miss it beth. Perhaps it will reopen early for you

Its stupid isnt it. Blizzard beach isnt a prob for us this time as wont hv time. I prefer TL anyway. Tht is so not good abt TTBAB. They really need to think of their timings better and update when not so busy. Sorry u will miss it beth. Perhaps it will reopen early for you

i'm hoping bug and mermaid will close later than they're saying - we get there on aug 15th!

i really can't believe they're closing BB and TL in november/december..
in years past i recall them being closed in january/february.

it's true that it can be mighty cold in november/december, but it's even colder in jan/feb and with fewer people.

i've been there in nov/dec when it's definitely warm enough to swim.

i really can't believe they're closing BB and TL in november/december..
in years past i recall them being closed in January/February.

They have always closed BB in October November and then TL in Jan/Feb. They shouldn't be doing them both at the same time though!

Ah, just found it

Blizzard Beach- 10/30/2011-12/3/2011
Typhoon Lagoon- 12/4/2011-3/17/2012

So it looks like you can still visit a waterpark at any time of the year, but from November to mid March, you don't have a choice as to which one

They have always closed BB in October November and then TL in Jan/Feb. They shouldn't be doing them both at the same time though!

Ah, just found it

Blizzard Beach- 10/30/2011-12/3/2011
Typhoon Lagoon- 12/4/2011-3/17/2012

So it looks like you can still visit a waterpark at any time of the year, but from November to mid March, you don't have a choice as to which one

on disney.com they show TL closed from december 4th to the 31st.
who shows it closed all the way to March? that would mean a major enhancement for them to close it down for 3 months....

It's on WDW info. I am not sure if the one that shows to the end of December is because the calendar only runs thru the end of the year though (maybe?)

Here is the link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm

i checked through january 12th 2012 (that's as far as the calendar goes)..

that's pretty cool if it's true....i would assume some sort of major upgrade for a 3 month closure...i wonder what....

that's pretty cool if it's true....i would assume some sort of major upgrade for a 3 month closure...i wonder what....

Hopefully smoothing out the surface of the wave pool so you don't have to choose between wearing shoes in there or taking the skin off the soles of your feet ... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter