Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Found a very good video on YouTube of the remodeled room. This is a different one than the other video that has been posted.

Are all the rooms being renovated? I watched another video and it said Jambo House. I've never been to AKL so - what is the difference between Jambo villas and animal kingdom lodge? Are all the lodge rooms being renovated or is just the "villas"? Is Jambo house just another name for the lodge?? Thanks for the clarification!

Are all the rooms being renovated? I watched another video and it said Jambo House. I've never been to AKL so - what is the difference between Jambo villas and animal kingdom lodge? Are all the lodge rooms being renovated or is just the "villas"? Is Jambo house just another name for the lodge?? Thanks for the clarification!

Jambo House is made up of regular hotel rooms, and the top floor is DVC villas and studios. Kidani Village is all DVC villas and studios and is separate from Jambo. Jambo is the main Animal Kingdom Lodge. Right now, only the hotel rooms in Jambo are being refurbished.

Jambo House is made up of regular hotel rooms, and the top floor is DVC villas and studios. Kidani Village is all DVC villas and studios and is separate from Jambo. Jambo is the main Animal Kingdom Lodge. Right now, only the hotel rooms in Jambo are being refurbished.

Ok thanks - that's why I was trying to figure out - if the refurbished rooms were the main Animal Kingdom Lodge. Thanks!

How often does the mini bus run between Jambo and Kidani? We have a reservation at Sanaa one night and are staying at Jambo too!
All the shuttle bus does is run between the two buildings, so figure a 5 minute max drive plus however long it takes to load/unload passengers. It does wait a few minutes for additional passengers some times. Note it picks up near the lobbies - not from the bus stops. Just ask the outside Bell Services people by the front doors of Jambo or Kidani where to wait if the shuttle bus isn’t there when you first walk out.

I apologize if this has been asked before recently, I haven't read from the beginning of the thread..how long is the walk between Jambo House and Kidani?

I apologize if this has been asked before recently, I haven't read from the beginning of the thread..how long is the walk between Jambo House and Kidani?
It takes me closer to 10 minutes from lobby to lobby - but I stroll.
Below is a link to a video taken from p.3 of the thread “buses to the parks from Animal Kingdom Lodge.” https://www.disboards.com/threads/buses-to-the-parks-from-animal-kingdom-lodge.3748255/ which shows the walk from Zazu elevator in Kidani (the part of Kidani closest to Jambo) to Jambo’s lobby.
Here is a link to a youtube video of the REVERSE route. Hope it helps.
And here’s a video showing the walk from Kidani’s bus stop (which is down from Kidani’s lobby) to Jambo via a slightly different route.

Last edited:
For those of you who use TP room request function, how far in advance did you put in your request? 2-3 weeks ahead is good?

Also, there seem to be different opinions as to request a specific wing/room number series vs. highlight what you really need. What strategy worked best for you in the past? We have standard room and are hoping we get some view of the animals but not to far off from lobby. I have a section in Kudu trail (first section off lobby) that would really work well for us..

For those of you who use TP room request function, how far in advance did you put in your request? 2-3 weeks ahead is good?

Also, there seem to be different opinions as to request a specific wing/room number series vs. highlight what you really need. What strategy worked best for you in the past? We have standard room and are hoping we get some view of the animals but not to far off from lobby. I have a section in Kudu trail (first section off lobby) that would really work well for us..
They fax it 5 days before, so you want to make sure your request is finalized before 5 days.
I always put in a general description of what I am looking for and stick to 1, or maybe 2, main requests. I put in the"best" room number that meets it. But, again, these are only requests. For example, I requested a room with a daybed (main priority) on the gazebo side of YC and got a room with a daybed, on the opposite side of that. But, it was still a lovey room and it met my main request of a daybed.

I think TP will automatically send their fax 5 days before check-in (that's what it says when you configure the fax). I'm not sure how well it works, never used it before, but I can let you know how it goes for us when we check in on 12 days :). On the TP fax I am just requesting a bunk bed room (we have reservation for Savanna View Club Level so it wasn't a bookable category.) I think if you put your top priority in the main request field and then add any other wants in the notes that might work best.

We used TP room request for our split stay last week. We were at 3 different resorts and didn't get any of our requests. I think this time I'll call Disney direct to put in our request. I've seen here that it does work for a lot people though.

Just changed from BWV’s to AKL Club level for our July trip! I’m excited, but don’t know the first thing about AKL or their club level. I’ve only visited the resort once, many years ago so lots to learn. Lots of pages to go through, but does anyone have recommendations for room requests? I’m a little concerned that the lounge is not on our floor ( only stayed CL at the YC) so being to close to that is really my main concern.

Hoping we love it!

So I used to keep the "list" here and I let it get away from me so I just started over...

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2019 & 2020

If you have any updates please let me know…

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

7/2 - 7/6 kimmar067 - YC

August

September

9/23 - 9/28 DGBG100106 - Aulani

October

November

December

So I used to keep the "list" here and I let it get away from me so I just started over...

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2019 & 2020

If you have any updates please let me know…

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

7/2 - 7/6 kimmar067 - YC

August

September

9/23 - 9/28 DGBG100106 - Aulani

October

November

December

I will be at AKL CL July 13-16, 2019.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter