Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

So I used to keep the "list" here and I let it get away from me so I just started over...

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2019 & 2020

If you have any updates please let me know…

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

7/2 - 7/6 kimmar067 - YC

August

September

9/23 - 9/28 DGBG100106 - Aulani

October

November

December

I’ll be at Jambo, standard view 6/19-6/23

We plan to book a 1 night pre cruise stay at AKL. It will be our 1st time stay there. Our flight will land at 5:30 pm. I assume we will arrive AKL around 7:00 pm riding Magical Express. We will leave around noonish for our cruise. Here are my questions.

1) If we book a Pool view room for this stay, are we going to terribly miss the opportunity to see the animals from our own balcony, or the quick walk to one of the outlooks will satisfy our animal watching purpose? We are thinking to request a lobby level room, close to the elevator for the easy access to the pool.

2) I checked the sunset time on the day we staying there, it is around 8:15. Are we in good chance to see the animals if we have a 8:00 ADR at Sana’a, cool down a bit for the Aniston be active and still light enough for the kids to see them? Or should we reserve ADR around 5:00 ish to have the best chance to see more animals?
Thank you very much!

Last edited:
So I used to keep the "list" here and I let it get away from me so I just started over...

My daughter and I will be staying AKL CL December 5-8 2019. :goodvibes

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

7/2 - 7/6 kimmar067 - YC

August

September

October

November

December

First stay at AKL July 29 - August 4. I'm so excited!! We'll be in a standard view Jambo studio. I'm on the fence whether to put in a room request or not. I don't want to be disappointed if I don't get what I ask for lol.

We will be at AKL Oct.27-30 in a savanna view room. Those dates may change though because we booked rack rate and waiting for military/Florida discounts for around those dates.

First stay at AKL July 29 - August 4. I'm so excited!! We'll be in a standard view Jambo studio. I'm on the fence whether to put in a room request or not. I don't want to be disappointed if I don't get what I ask for lol.
August

7/29 - 8/4 mum22girlz - AKL Jambo

January

February

March

April

May

June

6/19 - 6/23 usernamechuck - AKL Jambo

July

7/2 - 7/6 kimmar067 - YC

7/13 - 7/16 Amy M - AKL CL

August

September

October

10/27 - 10/30 P'colaBeachBum - AKL

November

December

12/5 - 12/8 MemphisVanessa - AKL CL

We plan to book a 1 night pre cruise stay at AKL. It will be our 1st time stay there. Our flight will land at 5:30 pm. I assume we will arrive AKL around 7:00 pm riding Magical Express. We will leave around noonish for our cruise. Here are my questions.

1) If we book a Pool view room for this stay, are we going to terribly miss the opportunity to see the animals from our own balcony, or the quick walk to one of the outlooks will satisfy our animal watching purpose?
We stayed standard Kidani our first two days, then moved onto Savannah for our third night. We loved our stay at AKL, period. We could have stayed in the standard view room for a week and been just as happy. For one evening, I would save the money and just do a pool or standard view. There are TONS of little overlooks and tiny nooks and picture windows around the resort to enjoy viewing the animals. I was able to view many more animals on our trips to the lobby than I ever did from our savannah view balcony. Grab a drink and sit in the rocking chairs outside the lobby around sunset.
We are thinking to request a lobby level room, close to the elevator for the easy access to the pool.
Our standard view room was on the top floor beside the elevators close to the lobby. We had a short walk to the lobby. The elevator was not loud, and we barely heard any foot traffic. It was PERFECT. Short walk to the pool. Short walk to transportation.
2) I checked the sunset time on the day we staying there, it is around 8:15. Are we in good chance to see the animals if we have a 8:00 ADR at Sana’a, cool down a bit for the Aniston be active and still light enough for the kids to see them? Or should we reserve ADR around 5:00 ish to have the best chance to see more animals?
Thank you very much!
We saw the animals most active early morning and late evening just before sunset. I think you will have a good chance of seeing some animals at Sanaa at either time.

Hi mum22girlz, we'll be there at the same time - July 29-August 6, and I also have 2 girls! We'll see you at the pool, I'm sure!

Hi!! My girls are now 20 & 17 . . . I'm not sure how that happened!! For the first time ever, we have 2 no park days scheduled. We are usually running commando style. I am definitely hoping to spend some time at the pool.

January

February

March

April

May

June

6/19 - 6/23 usernamechuck - AKL Jambo

July

7/2 - 7/6 kimmar067 - YC

7/13 - 7/16 Amy M - AKL CL

August

September

October

10/27 - 10/30 P'colaBeachBum - AKL

November

December

12/5 - 12/8 MemphisVanessa - AKL CL

For January 2020

1/8-1/15 gillep - ALK CL (DVC)

Thank you!

We used TP room request for our split stay last week. We were at 3 different resorts and didn't get any of our requests. I think this time I'll call Disney direct to put in our request. I've seen here that it does work for a lot people though.
Will you call the hotel directly or the reservation line?

1) If we book a Pool view room for this stay, are we going to terribly miss the opportunity to see the animals from our own balcony, or the quick walk to one of the outlooks will satisfy our animal watching purpose? We are thinking to request a lobby level room, close to the elevator for the easy access to the pool.

Thank you very much!
Since you will be in your room less than 24 hours and for many of those hours you’ll be sleeping, visiting the outlooks to view the animals makes the most sense to me.
The animals are called into the barns in the morning, they do one savanna at a time, so for 1 - 1 1/2 hr.s of your one morning the animals wouldn’t be on your savanna anyway. Whereas if you see no animals on one savanna from one viewing spot you can just wander over to another savanna’s overlook.
Arusha savanna’s overlook is out the back of the lobby at Arusha rock - but there are also balconies w/ seating adjacent to Arusha rock. Uzima savanna’s overlook is beyond the pool to the left, that’s where the night vision binoculars are as well. There’s a viewing area for Sunset savanna near the lobby in Jambo but the overlook in back of Kidani’s lobby (by Sanaa) has a better view IMO. They used to have night vision binoculars there as well, not sure if they still do. There’s an overlook for the small Pembe savanna by the Kidani pool.
I’m confused about your Sanaa ADR question - if you aren’t landing until 5:30 & likely arriving at AKL until 7, how can you even make a 5ish ADR? You can always spend time at the Kidani overlook while you wait for your Sanaa dinner if you are a bit early for Sanaa.

Will you call the hotel directly or the reservation line?
From what I understand you can't call the hotel directly. So I'll just call the reservation line and hope for the best.
Even though we didn't get our requests for our split stay none of the locations we did get were terrible. We were at Disney so we were just happy to be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter