Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Just changed from BWV’s to AKL Club level for our July trip! I’m excited, but don’t know the first thing about AKL or their club level. I’ve only visited the resort once, many years ago so lots to learn. Lots of pages to go through, but does anyone have recommendations for room requests? I’m a little concerned that the lounge is not on our floor ( only stayed CL at the YC) so being to close to that is really my main concern.

Hoping we love it!
Yes, you will love it! There's nothing like watching giraffes and zebras from your balcony.
I didn't love the idea of having the lounge on a separate floor either, but then I realized that the animals are best viewed from the 3rd or 4th floor.
There's only a small number of non-DVC CL rooms. I've attached a map from TP showing that all the rooms are fairly close to the lobby and the pool.
Have a wonderful trip!2019-05-28-18-29-36-339.jpg

We live in Indianapolis but try to get to King's Island every summer and hit up Planet Snoopy. Although it is certainly not Disney-level, it's a nice little vacation in which I don't have to secure ADR's 6 months early or Fastpasses 2 months ahead of time! ;)

Disney resorts will most certainly ruin my girls for anything else. Sorry, little ones, the Holiday Inn Express lacks a zero entry pool and theming. You'll just have to cope.
Lol!!! Indianapolis is a really nice city. My husband and I ran the monumental marathon 2 years ago. We really enjoyed our stay that weekend.

We head to Kings Island weekly during the summer! We always find ourselves comparing things to Disney though (food, line /ride theming, etc.). We are getting pretty excited because some recently filed plans appear to be for a giga coaster!

Yes, you will love it! There's nothing like watching giraffes and zebras from your balcony.
I didn't love the idea of having the lounge on a separate floor either, but then I realized that the animals are best viewed from the 3rd or 4th floor.
There's only a small number of non-DVC CL rooms. I've attached a map from TP showing that all the rooms are fairly close to the lobby and the pool.
Have a wonderful trip!View attachment 403932
Thank you!

The rooms look great, but when my kids were younger I would have been livid if I was given a room without a tub. How are people supposed to bathe their kids?
Perhaps there’s an alternative if you ask at front desk..maybe they have some small portable baths you can use inside the shower area? It doesn’t hurt to ask. I wouldn’t be happy either if we had little ones to bathe and had nothing but the shower to do that with. Let’s hope they keep some of those bathtubs in the refurb.

We head to Kings Island weekly during the summer! We always find ourselves comparing things to Disney though (food, line /ride theming, etc.). We are getting pretty excited because some recently filed plans appear to be for a giga coaster!

Small world!! We are in the Cincinnati area too and are at KI at least weekly, sometimes 2-3x a week during the summer. We do the same thing comparing it to Disney. Especially the way they load the rides. I'm glad they are thorough, but it can take forever at times!

BTW- we will be at AKL Jambo house June 16-24

My mom and I will be at AKL - Jambo from 7/19-7/22. First time at the resort... so happy to be able to make one of her dreams come true for a change.
How nice is that! Hope that you both enjoy, lovely resort! Excited also to be back in September!
:yay:

Any pictures of a Giraffe standard room view ?
Do the Giraffe standard rooms also have balconies on the higher floors ?
I am fond of AKL and want to stay there next time we go to WDW
But need the least expansive room.
The Giraffe side looks close to the buses and eateries.
Plus I like Giraffes ;)
Check out this post from a few pages back. Giraffe trail standard view rooms are not likely to be great views (most likely of parking lot), certainly not what I would request if view is important to me. https://www.disboards.com/threads/j...rmation-thread.3567178/page-267#post-60606473

You are much better off to request “any partial savanna view” if view is important. If convenience is important then I would request “near lobby”.

We are considering changing our standard studio to a savanna view one bedroom in august. I thought I read someplace that due to construction the savanna views aren't good though, could someone chime in?
Also, are there any savanna view one bedrooms that aren't too far to walk to?
thanks

We plan to book a 1 night pre cruise stay at AKL. It will be our 1st time stay there. Our flight will land at 5:30 pm. I assume we will arrive AKL around 7:00 pm riding Magical Express. We will leave around noonish for our cruise. Here are my questions.

1) If we book a Pool view room for this stay, are we going to terribly miss the opportunity to see the animals from our own balcony, or the quick walk to one of the outlooks will satisfy our animal watching purpose? We are thinking to request a lobby level room, close to the elevator for the easy access to the pool.

2) I checked the sunset time on the day we staying there, it is around 8:15. Are we in good chance to see the animals if we have a 8:00 ADR at Sana’a, cool down a bit for the Aniston be active and still light enough for the kids to see them? Or should we reserve ADR around 5:00 ish to have the best chance to see more animals?
Thank you very much!
I wouldn't count on seeing animals at Sanaa. We've been twice and couldn't see anything- not near a window at all despite offering to wait for a window table.

Going to be at AKL Kidani studio Dec. 8-24. First time staying at AKL, so excited! Taking my 2 adult boys, they are also super excited to stay here after coming to eat at the restaurants and exploring. We are staying DVC, is there any way to request close to lobby? My older DS is special needs (autistic) and for some reason short walks to and from the bus stop when we're leaving and coming back is very important to him. I usually book a preferred room at other resorts - this is new to me. Thanks for any info.!

We will be at AKL 9/9/19 to 9/19/19 this is our first time staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge and we are so excited to see animals from our room!

I am not sure this is actually a reply or a question, thus I apologize ahead of time as new to this. My husband and I are finally (keeping fingers crossed) able to make a trip to AKL-Jambo House in early Nov. 2019. We know we may not get discounts because of multiple factors with WDW, travel dates etc. We have booked two different room types. One is in the lodge Standard King and the other Value Studio Jambo Villa. We have never been ever to visit or stay at AKL. Thus, what do folks think between room types? I know Value Studio is smaller, but how small would you say? If it were you, which would you choose? The room refurbishments may be further along in the regular lodge, and I know the villas start after our visit. Any help is appreciated. Also, is it possible do you think to get to Epcot from Animal Kingdom's ROL (showtime of 8:15) by 10:00 pm on Disney Transport? Thanks for any help you might give us as Epcot Extra Magic hours might be doable if you think it's worth it and it won't take too long to get there. Thanks.

I am not sure this is actually a reply or a question, thus I apologize ahead of time as new to this. My husband and I are finally (keeping fingers crossed) able to make a trip to AKL-Jambo House in early Nov. 2019. We know we may not get discounts because of multiple factors with WDW, travel dates etc. We have booked two different room types. One is in the lodge Standard King and the other Value Studio Jambo Villa. We have never been ever to visit or stay at AKL. Thus, what do folks think between room types? I know Value Studio is smaller, but how small would you say? If it were you, which would you choose? The room refurbishments may be further along in the regular lodge, and I know the villas start after our visit. Any help is appreciated. Also, is it possible do you think to get to Epcot from Animal Kingdom's ROL (showtime of 8:15) by 10:00 pm on Disney Transport? Thanks for any help you might give us as Epcot Extra Magic hours might be doable if you think it's worth it and it won't take too long to get there. Thanks.

All of the villas were refurbished in 2016 they are not up again for a while and those I have been in are still quite nice and in good repair. The value villas are not bookable in Dec-Jan but DVC is saying that it is because of the resort refurbishments impacting these rooms and not that they are being refurbished themselves but DVC has not exactly been transparent about those rooms. The value studios are about 316 sq ft whereas the regular studios are about 365 sq ft, my guess is the regular rooms are also about 365 sq ft since the villas are converted hotel rooms, but I don't know that for sure. What is the price difference and how long are you staying? I personally, would probably choose the larger king room if more than a couple nights as I would want the extra space, even though we don't really care about having a king bed. Not sure about the ROL question I haven't seen the new show so I don't know how long it is.

2019-05-28-18-29-36-339-jpg.403932
Thanks for posting this! :thumbsup2

Headed to AKL Jambo at the end of June (6/26-6/30) after spending some time in other parts of FL. Is is possible to store a carseat (other than in the room) during our stay as we won't have the rental car once we begin the resort stay portion of our trip?

I know Value Studio is smaller, but how small would you say? If it were you, which would you choose?
The value studios are perfect for us as a couple. I prefer dvc studios over standard hotel rooms because I like the Kitchenette in the studio. There is a full size coffee pot, a sink, toaster, microwave, mini fridge, and cupboards - it comes in very handy if you want to have breakfast or snacks in the room. The studios also have a couch that faces the tv which we like to have as a “living area” so that we have a place to relax other than just in the bed. We’re both fairly petite people so the king bed is unnecessary to us but I could see that being a factor for a taller couple! DVC studios also have the benefit of free laundry access - whether you’d use that benefit is something only you can decide.

Sounds like a wonderful quandary to have!

We are considering changing our standard studio to a savanna view one bedroom in august. I thought I read someplace that due to construction the savanna views aren't good though, could someone chime in?
Also, are there any savanna view one bedrooms that aren't too far to walk to?
thanks
Could anybody help me with this please?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter