Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I tried to call in for a partial savannah view yesterday and the cm said that I would have to upgrade. I’m a little frustrated and it’s the one time I’m not asked to take a survey. Is it better to call again or have my husband fax it in?
Phone CMs are notorious for not knowing what they are talking about regarding the various resorts - they are off site and may have never set foot in AKL. Call back, have your request for partial savanna view noted, if they say you need to upgrade then ask for a Kudu trail room - since there are several partial savanna views classified as standard on Kudu trail & the rest are savanna view.
Hi all,

I have a standard room booked for mid-November and when looking at the online check-in options for room requests, I have a grand total of 4! Upper, Lower, Highest and Near Lobby. Are there any nice little tricks in combining my two choices to get a better chance of a Savannah view?

This will be my 3rd stay at AKL, and I’ve been 50/50 in terms of Savannah views.
I don’t do online room requests since they are so generic & I don’t want them replacing my phoned in verbal requests.

We will be at the lodge in January next year. Sadly it's just for 2 nights 17th and 18th but hopefully we'll be back in October for 2 whole weeks Yaaay :)
January
12/29 - 1/4 ChanellF - AKL Jambo
1/8 - 1/13 lahobbs4 - AKV-Jambo
1/8-1/15 gillep - ALK CL (DVC)
1/17 - 1/18 ThinkBelieveDream&Dare - AKL
1/25 - 1/27 KimBean - AKL
1/25 - 2/2 maranara - AKL

....just returned from WDW early Sunday morning....we didn't stay at AKL, but we did get to enjoy breakfast at Boma....no disappointment there:

enhance

enhance

We are in a brand new room on second floor zebra trail. We are the first to stay in this room. They have a few rooms blocked off toward the elevator but it looks like all the rooms at our end are done. WE had a standard room booked and got a savanna view. They said our room wasn’t supposed to be done but because it was we got a surprise upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter