• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

what rooms on for AKL cl are best for viewing animals/ close to cl lounge? Going with a 2-1/2 year old and want great views from balcony of animals while also not having her to be far from lounge since lounge is on different floor.

We were in room 4409 zebra trail last month. I thought it was an excellent location. It was first block of rooms and right of the rock. Lots of giraffs, zebras and many more. The trainers were feeding a bird right below the balcony and doing tricks. close to the lounge elevators, almost as close as I could get. Also just down the next room block was the elevator closest to the Mara, simba's clubhouse, laundry and pool. I was very pleased with where our room was.

How do you find the buses at AKL? I am trying to decide between AKL and SSR and the only real plus for SSR is Disney Springs and we were really happy with the transport last time. I wonder what is AKL like

How do you find the buses at AKL? I am trying to decide between AKL and SSR and the only real plus for SSR is Disney Springs and we were really happy with the transport last time. I wonder what is AKL like

Because it's further out, trip to/from the parks (Particularly MK) can be longer in comparison to other resorts around property. Personally, I've never stayed at AKL, but used the busses frequently on my program and found them no worse than OKW or the All Stars.

We had a great bus experience at AKL in November. We never waited more then 15 minutes for a bus. The ride to MK is your longest at 20 minutes. We shared busses with Kidani to go to AK, HS, and Epcot. For MK, we had our own bus. We love AKL!

Just booked a standard room for AKL for next April! So excited to be returning! I have been agnozing on where to stay for the past month. We were thinking of trying to save money and do POFQ, but some of the reviews had me nervous about the rooms. Then we looked at wilderness lodge thinking to try a new resort and in the end we decided on AKL. Our kids loved the pool, the food was great at the Mara, and the resort is beautiful. Now for the next year to fly by!!!

Just booked a standard room for AKL for next April! So excited to be returning! I have been agnozing on where to stay for the past month. We were thinking of trying to save money and do POFQ, but some of the reviews had me nervous about the rooms. Then we looked at wilderness lodge thinking to try a new resort and in the end we decided on AKL. Our kids loved the pool, the food was great at the Mara, and the resort is beautiful. Now for the next year to fly by!!!

We stayed AKL this past April and loved it! While we were walking to Kidani for a dinner at Sanaa, we looked up at the rooms facing the front, and said we would rather sit on our balcony and look at the parking lot at AKL than a great view at some other resorts! We also looked in to POFQ, but really nothing beats the AKL. The major negative for us was the walkway directly outside your door. AKL has the Mara, Boma, Sanaa, the pool (way better than WL pool IMO), the nicest CMs we've ever encountered, and you could spend almost a whole day at AKL without leaving. Excellent choice says I!! Enjoy your trip!!

One week from today I'll be all checked in!!

This trip has been booked since October, and we visited AKL in December for a meal which really ramped up the excitement...I can't wait! Luckily this week is busy and full so time will go by quickly.

We will be staying 4 nights in Kidani Village in late June, our first stay at AKL, new DVC members. We check out on the 28th and move to Fort Wilderness for a 2 night stay in the cabins. I have a parking question. I will be pulling a small trailer with a golf cart to be used at Fort Wilderness. Will the parking garage at Kidani accommodate parking the suv with the trailer still connected?

No, it wont fit with the trailer attached. The garage is wide enough for two way travel between two rows of parked cars. If you park the trailer there it will block one direction of travel.
I parked there with a mobility scooter carrier on the back of my SUV and had to fold it up against the back of the car because even that stuck out into the travel "lane"

I haven't been there enough to know if there are any oversize parking spaces that would accommodate the trailer on the SUV, I would ask when you check in what the best parking option will be.

....go out the front door and turn left - walk down that path....

We are booked at AKL for Oct 13-17th. This will be a trip of many firsts. First time staying at AKL, first time going this time of year, first time going to F&W and first tiem going to MNSSHP.
October

Dgbg100106, 1st -4th, BCV

Pkltm, 2nd - 11th, AKL

Hi Pluto, 4th - 5th, Kidani

Jessie31383, 13th - 17th, Jambo

#1eeyoregirl, 13th - 17th, AKL

Luvfigment, 14th - 21st, AKL

Kristenrice, 15th - 20th, AKV- Jambo

Karen1987, 15th - 29th, AKL CL

Bigskip, 28th - Nov 11th, AKL CL

Tried adding my info under November 2017, hope I did it right :) Nov 11-16th AKL CL
After many resort changes (Started out at 4 seasons, then YC CL, moved to BCV, then over to BC CL, finally settled on AKL CL for our trip, as AKL is "home" to us!) It was our first resort on our first ever trip to WDW in Jan 2008, we stayed again in Sept 2009 for 12 blissful days in Club Level. Since then, I've stayed at BC CL, FEB 2011, POLY CL Oct 2012, POFQ/WL DEC 2013, BWI CL Oct 2015..... none ever feels quite right, I am always missing AKL. So decided to go back to where the love started in 2008! Taking our adult sons and we got 2 CL rooms. hoping for a King Bed room for hubby and I , and perhaps a connecting room so we can be close to the boys and make it feel larger by opening the doors if we like. I am considering requesting the Zebra trail (as it is my favourite area and where we have stayed both times we've stayed there) I am thinking of also requesting the bank of rooms near the Pool elevators that go down by the laundry room/ Mara and pool. We had a room there on our 2009 trip and although it was a little longer walk to the elevator bank that went to the lounge, it wasn't too horrible!
Very much looking forward to our trip and I now feel at peace with our resort choice!
December

Rlduvall, 2nd - 9th, AKV

Lumee23, 2nd - 9th, Kidani

Somnia, 6th - 15th Jambo CL

Sunset7132, 8th - 17th, AKL

New Hamp, 9th - 12th, AKL

Sndral, 9th - 15th, Jambo

LvsTnk, 10th -19th, Kidani

Chimo2u, 11th - 16th, AKL

Sndral, 15th - 19th, Kidani

Update we'll still be at Jambo from 12/9-15.
But we've switched Kidani to the Gf 12/15-19, so please delete our Kidani stay - thx!
December

Rlduvall, 2nd - 9th, AKV

Lumee23, 2nd - 9th, Kidani

Somnia, 6th - 15th Jambo CL

Sunset7132, 8th - 17th, AKL

New Hamp, 9th - 12th, AKL

Sndral, 9th - 15th, Jambo

LvsTnk, 10th -19th, Kidani

Chimo2u, 11th - 16th, AKL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter