Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I'm trying to get my head wrapped around bus transportation from jambo. We got reservations at ohana at 6pm Sunday but no rental car.

Would it make sense to do the following?
Jambo to Poly - take AK Park bus, transfer to Poly bus
Poly to Jambo - take EP Park bus (open for extra evening hours), transfer to jambo bus. I was thinking transfer at MK but we'll be dealing with crowds at end of night. Our plan was to watch fireworks at poly before we take off.

Or kill all this and take uber/lyft?
Thanks for the great responses! I forgot walking to TTC to catch Epcot monorail was another option. And I meant to say reservations on Monday night, not Sunday since extra evening hours are on Mondays for EPCOT.
I’m curious what your afternoon plans are on your Monday Ohana ADR day. MK is the longest bus ride from AKL, so it makes sense to me to eat at MK area restaurants (Ohana, Narcoossees, CAGrill, etc.) on MK park days & then just walk, monorail, or boat over (to TTC for Poly right now) after I’m done w/ MK. Getting back to AKL after dinner is more of a challenge, assuming MK is still open - either regular park hours or an after hour party - usually I’ll boat/monorail over to the MK bus area and grab the AKL bus from there, but Uber/Lyft (and in the old days a taxi) is always my back up if I don’t want to hassle w/ Disney transportation.
However, w/ Epcot Mon. EMH, I might have dinner at Ohana figuring I’d be done by 8 pm, monorail from the TTC over to Epcot & enjoy EMH there, then grab the bus home to AKL from Epcot.

I’m curious what your afternoon plans are on your Monday Ohana ADR day. MK is the longest bus ride from AKL, so it makes sense to me to eat at MK area restaurants (Ohana, Narcoossees, CAGrill, etc.) on MK park days & then just walk, monorail, or boat over (to TTC for Poly right now) after I’m done w/ MK. Getting back to AKL after dinner is more of a challenge, assuming MK is still open - either regular park hours or an after hour party - usually I’ll boat/monorail over to the MK bus area and grab the AKL bus from there, but Uber/Lyft (and in the old days a taxi) is always my back up if I don’t want to hassle w/ Disney transportation.
However, w/ Epcot Mon. EMH, I might have dinner at Ohana figuring I’d be done by 8 pm, monorail from the TTC over to Epcot & enjoy EMH there, then grab the bus home to AKL from Epcot.

Great points! I'm actually planning for my family member honeymoon trip (first time at WDW). They are flying in on Monday, so activities are catching MDE to Jambo and enjoying Jambo before heading out to Poly. They cannot do Ohana on their MK day since they got CRT booked and they wanted to be inside MK for the fireworks. They could technically could do Ohana and then EP extra evening hours, but they are taking a early morning flight and thought they could not make it that far for their first day.

I will provide them all the options they could try and they can decide where they want to adventure out. :-) It's their honeymoon, so trying to make it less stress free and at least have some knowledge how to get back to hotel.

....we start school tomorrow, so no chance of going to WDW few at least 2 months...he's invited my oldest DS, his DW, and their DD [my DGD, who is just 10 months old], along with his DGF's sister and brother-in-law...I know they'll have a great time!
....never made it to school....spent 3 days in the hospital....

....never made it to school....spent 3 days in the hospital....
I had to get to the ER with a dangerously low platelet count...I'm better but I have to see the hemotologist this week....it was very scary! Kinda covid-related...I already have an autoimmune disease, so the vaccine activated my antibodies to attack my platelets...suppose to have 150,000 to 250,000...I had 4000!

We stayed DVC at Jambo House this past weekend. We noticed that a lot of the rooms on the 5th floor had an oval DVC logo plaque above the room numbers. Some rooms, like ours, did not. Is there any significance to this?

We are a few days out from our stay at AKL! I have a question:

I booked our reservation through Orbitz and have linked it to MDE. However, for some reason, I can't add anyone from my Friends & Family to the reservation so it looks like I'm the only linked guest (it still shows 3 guests on the reservation, but I can't add names/accounts). My mom is meeting me at the hotel in her own car and she will likely arrive before me but her name is not on the reservation. Will she be able to get through the guard gate to the parking lot by giving my name? Or how will that work?

I've tried calling Disney and they said they couldn't change the guest list because I booked through Orbitz so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Thanks in advance!

We are a few days out from our stay at AKL! I have a question:

I booked our reservation through Orbitz and have linked it to MDE. However, for some reason, I can't add anyone from my Friends & Family to the reservation so it looks like I'm the only linked guest (it still shows 3 guests on the reservation, but I can't add names/accounts). My mom is meeting me at the hotel in her own car and she will likely arrive before me but her name is not on the reservation. Will she be able to get through the guard gate to the parking lot by giving my name? Or how will that work?

I've tried calling Disney and they said they couldn't change the guest list because I booked through Orbitz so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Thanks in advance!
My best guess is to have her give reservation # at check in and they will fix it there. It has been a while since I have done a 3rd party , i thought I could assign names from my account but wdw is always changing stuff.

Your other option is to call Orbiz and have them put the names with same spelling as your account. Actually I am pretty sure thats what I used to do know that I think of it.

Even still you have a room for 4 it can be fixed onsite.

Good luck!

Has anyone switched rooms due to lack of animals? Today is day 2 and so far we saw one zebra and a bird yesterday and today a few wildebeest type animals. We are only here 3 nights so switching would be a hassle but the lack of animals is so disappointing. I’ve stayed standard view and had giraffes corralled right outside our room that trip. This trip we paid for the view and it’s just tops of trees and no wild life.

Has anyone switched rooms due to lack of animals? Today is day 2 and so far we saw one zebra and a bird yesterday and today a few wildebeest type animals. We are only here 3 nights so switching would be a hassle but the lack of animals is so disappointing. I’ve stayed standard view and had giraffes corralled right outside our room that trip. This trip we paid for the view and it’s just tops of trees and no wild life.

Since the animals can wander where they want, wouldn't you run the risk of still not seeing any if you go through the hassle of switching rooms?

I think to some extent they follow the food. In the past, castmembers would put food in certain areas to entice the animals there. I don't know if that has changed.

I'm not sure when you are looking, but the animals are called into the barn every day. Sometimes people are disappointed when they are on their balcony at the same time every morning and never see any animals; it happens to be when the animals on that savana are called into the barn.

Same here. Here now and we have a CL savanna view room. Not one animal has been seen yet from our room. It’s not at all like other stays here, so not sure what’s going on. We asked for a room change and was told nothing else is available…we were given a handicapped room which is not ideal for us, so we asked to switch due to room type and not the view. But I agree with you- the lack of animals on savannas is strange and disappointing.

Same here. Here now and we have a CL savanna view room. Not one animal has been seen yet from our room. It’s not at all like other stays here, so not sure what’s going on. We asked for a room change and was told nothing else is available…we were given a handicapped room which is not ideal for us, so we asked to switch due to room type and not the view. But I agree with you- the lack of animals on savannas is strange and disappointing.
At least it’s not just me! On the savanna behind us every time we’ve walked down the hallway we’ve seen lots out there. Just our savanna seems barren. We are heading back there now and if it stays the same I may ask to be switched to a room across the hall.

Since the animals can wander where they want, wouldn't you run the risk of still not seeing any if you go through the hassle of switching rooms?

I think to some extent they follow the food. In the past, castmembers would put food in certain areas to entice the animals there. I don't know if that has changed.

I'm not sure when you are looking, but the animals are called into the barn every day. Sometimes people are disappointed when they are on their balcony at the same time every morning and never see any animals; it happens to be when the animals on that savana are called into the barn.
Yes I think we could run the risk but it does seem that the animals are on the savanna across the hall from us. We asked when feeding time was and it didn’t result in any animals coming any closer to our area. We have been back at the room now for over an hour and still nothing. It’s so strange.

Probably why they call it a savannah view and not animal view. Most people are in the parks all day so missing the animals isn’t unheard of. Hopefully weather cools down so they feel like being active.

Hi everyone. I’m using Instacart for grocery delivery. When I type in address for AKL is just says “parking lot” is that right?

Their was a zebra and giraffe visit about an hour ago. I would not change rooms based on the animals and their roaming habits. The resort is beautiful with a lot of viewing spots. The club level and their staff are top notch. I have enjoyed ALL of the various food, drinks and friendly cast members. There are a lot of recent pictures of the food on the "Disney Resorts/Club Level" forum. Yes, it has been a wonderful experience!

Hi, sorry, not sure if this has been asked already - If you don't have a savannah view, is there still a place to sit and watch the animals?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter