Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I believe anyone on the reservation can check in, not just the lead. If the room isn't ready that early (which it probably won't be) he could always lay by the pool and nap there! It's quite peaceful out there. If he's worried about his bags while he's sleeping, he could leave them with bell services.
....they are kept in a room near the front of the lobby - under lock and key, so no worries about the luggage being tampered with...

Several rooms on Kudu trail (facing Sunset savanna) and a few on Zebra trail (facing Uzima savanna) are classified as standard view because they have what is considered to be a less desirable savanna view - so if close to the lobby is important to you probably best to request that. Many rooms on Zebra trail are pool view - is that still a bookable view?
....I've stayed in one of those rooms, and they are quite comfortable and the views aren't too bad....

Last edited:
Radom question tacked on here but I'm booked for club level savanna view, is it possible to get bunk beds or at least request that on check in?

We just returned from a week long stay at jambo house! My husband and I went on the trip. We had a wonderful stay. We used touring plans and requested a king size bed on an upper floor. We got exactly what we wanted. We only paid for a standard view, so we had a view of the front area where cars and Magical express buses unload. However, it was right next to the lobby so we were very satisfied!

The hotel itself was amazing. The lobby and grounds were beautiful. We both agreed we won't stay anywhere else. We ate at The Mara, which had a lot of options. We walked to Kidani Village and at Sanaa - amazing!

We took an Uber each morning to the parks, which was great. Never waited longer than 4-5 minutes. We rode the buses in the evenings and afternoons. We usually waited 5-10 minutes, nothing unreasonable. The only time we waited longer was during a rainstorm. We were going to Epcot around six and waited 45 minutes. It was frustrating because the time on the board just kept changing. Other than that, we had no problematic waits.

Our stay here was wonderful. The cast members were great. I would recommend Jambo to anyone!

Has anyone asked if a Club Level room is available/upgradable at check in? I currently have an Annual Pass discount room, but no club level rooms were available with an AP (I don't want to pay rack rate.) If there are rooms available, will they upgrade for a reasonable cost, or will I need to pay full club level price? I won't upgrade then, but would for a reasonable additional cost. Thank you!

I have searched this and found two different answers. We are arriving later than we ever have and this will be our first stay at Kidani Village (or AKL for that matter). How late are the stores open at each resort? Since we are arriving late after a long flight (with too short a layover to plan a meal), I just wanted to know my options. Pack food and eat or grab stuff when I get there. Thanks in advance

Does anyone know the cost of the extra activities at the pool? I read somewhere that the mickey tie dye was $20, what about the sand art and make your own ice cream? Thanks!

I have searched this and found two different answers. We are arriving later than we ever have and this will be our first stay at Kidani Village (or AKL for that matter). How late are the stores open at each resort? Since we are arriving late after a long flight (with too short a layover to plan a meal), I just wanted to know my options. Pack food and eat or grab stuff when I get there. Thanks in advance
....I know that Zawadi Marketplace (in Jambo House) is only open till 11PM, and they usually close pretty promptly....I don't know about the store at Kidani, but I imagine it's perhaps the same....

....however, the Mara is open till about 1:30AM. I don't know your expected ETA for Kidani, but if it's cutting it close, you may want to make a quick stopover before even checking in at Kidani.

....however, the Mara is open till about 1:30AM. I don't know your expected ETA for Kidani, but if it's cutting it close, you may want to make a quick stopover before even checking in at Kidani.

Thank you for the info... I should be getting to Kidani about 11:30. I had read that Johari Treasures closed at 10pm but thought about making the trip to the lodge if needed. Probably will end up packing a meal of some kind or grabbing food at the airport before heading to DME.

.....there's a thought. You could always hop a bus from Kidani to Jambo for something to eat also....

....grabbing a sandwich at MCO and eating it on the ME bus might be your best bet....as long as the other guest don't mind the smell of your makeshift dinner! :teeth: ;)

....that's the one great thing about a stay at the Dolphin...by the time we arrived it was almost 3AM, but we went downstairs to the cafeteria anyway and there was quite a selection of food from which to choose.....it's been my experience that the WDW-owned resorts aren't as flexible.

So I hear people complain that bus rides are long to magic kingdom I was here in 2010 and didn't think the ride times were 30+ min as some say what are people's experience w travel time - once you are on the bus

Returning in a few weeks to AKL! :yay:

The last time we stayed here, I had a glass of a lovely South African wine in one of the restaurants. When we arrive, I'm hoping to buy a bottle to enjoy on the balcony after some long park days.

Are the African wines available for purchase in the gift shop?

Reactions: msk
We are here now and noticed the lodge no longer projects artificial moonlight on the savana. Makes it hard to see animals when returning from the parks in the evening. Kind of a bummer. Our last trip I spent most nights animal watching and loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter