Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I think many of the bus issues especially to MK are due to the road work. We were just there about four weeks ago (AOA not AKL) and not only were busses taking longer to get to their destinations, but buses were delayed. Watching the bus time board was just brutal as they would keep changing the arrival times later and later. We could see the roads torn up and multiple lanes merging into one lane. CM's were telling us that the delays were due to the road work. So those of you arriving soon may experience the same disruptions.

Thank you for the info... I should be getting to Kidani about 11:30. I had read that Johari Treasures closed at 10pm but thought about making the trip to the lodge if needed. Probably will end up packing a meal of some kind or grabbing food at the airport before heading to DME.
It's been several years since I had a late night arrival at MCO, but my recollection is that a lot of the food places were closed. Depending on which airline & the length of your flight it might be worthwhile to buy one of the airline meals/snacks. Or plan on a quick jaunt down to Mara in Jambo to grab a snack as soon as you arrive.

This is good to hear! We arrive in 8 days and all I have been hearing is negative. So nice to hear some positive!!!!!

Also, knowing the fact the AKL is furthest from MK helps. Some people have no idea where it is located and they get surprised when they get there. You already know that it takes about 20 minutes. Yes, there are massive road constructions going on all over Disney property, so that adds as well. Have a nice trip!

I'm considering one bedroom villa at kidani village (I think that's the offer). There are 5 of us. I usually stay at all star music suite because it has two bathrooms with showers. Does this villa have 2 bathrooms with showers? Does the Jambo House one bedroom villa (not value) have two showers?

Last edited:
Well my 180 days for ADR's is on Friday, looks like the park hours for everyday of my trip won't be posted till Thursday! Nothing beats last minute planning :)

Well my 180 days for ADR's is on Friday, looks like the park hours for everyday of my trip won't be posted till Thursday! Nothing beats last minute planning :)

I hardly see planning six months ahead as "last minute" haha!

Just came back from a one day stay in a one bedroom club level room ayer our cruise. It's enough to make me want to buy points there to have a better chance of booking it again. We got very lucky this time. It can really spoil you and concierge hosts Sue and Janet were the best!

I'm considering one bedroom villa at kidani village (I think that's the offer). There are 5 of us. I usually stay at all star music suite because it has two bathrooms with showers. Does this villa have 2 bathrooms with showers? Does the Jambo House one bedroom villa (not value) have two showers?

The one bedroom DVC villas in Jambo House only have one bathroom. The ones at Kidani have two bathrooms. One has a bath and a separate walk in shower. The other has a bath. I think there's a shower over that bath but we haven't stayed there in eight years!

56 days!

I was able to check-in last week, but I was surprised there weren't more options (upper floor, lower, near lobby, near elevators). Didn't there used to be a few trail-specific ones? If I had a magical agency book my trip, should I have them add anything else (I am hoping for something kind of specific - we like watching the storms roll in, so hoping for a north/east facing room, without trees in the way. THANK YOU TOURINGPLANS FOR THE VIEWS!!!)?

If I give them a range of room numbers, is that best, or should I just say "NE facing, higher, no blocked view"?

I am not usually OCD about this stuff like this, but we LIVE for the August storms in Florida - they are amazing...and amazing to nap to ;)

56 days!

I was able to check-in last week, but I was surprised there weren't more options (upper floor, lower, near lobby, near elevators). Didn't there used to be a few trail-specific ones? If I had a magical agency book my trip, should I have them add anything else (I am hoping for something kind of specific - we like watching the storms roll in, so hoping for a north/east facing room, without trees in the way. THANK YOU TOURINGPLANS FOR THE VIEWS!!!)?

If I give them a range of room numbers, is that best, or should I just say "NE facing, higher, no blocked view"?

I am not usually OCD about this stuff like this, but we LIVE for the August storms in Florida - they are amazing...and amazing to nap to ;)
Always provide the view you want, not the room numbers, so if those specific rooms aren't available they know what view you are trying for. And yes, your magical TA can call in those requests for you.

Not sure what you mean by a king studio? All DVC studios have a queen bed and pullout couch. You will get regular coffee pots with the filter type pods. You will only get a few when you check in and they won't be replenished until your trash and towel service day so be prepared. We bring our own coffee and filters.

Sorry, my mistake. I've been making a lot of hotel reservations for this trip (4, so far, not all at Disney). We are booked in a deluxe studio, savanna view, through rented DVC points.

Has anyone asked if a Club Level room is available/upgradable at check in? I currently have an Annual Pass discount room, but no club level rooms were available with an AP (I don't want to pay rack rate.) If there are rooms available, will they upgrade for a reasonable cost, or will I need to pay full club level price? I won't upgrade then, but would for a reasonable additional cost. Thank you!
....usually, depending upon how booked the resort happens to be at the time, they might offer you an upgrade at a somewhat discounted price, but it's not much of a cheaper price because it's CL....

I have read about half of these posts and haven't found the answer so I'll ask. Can you buy cases of water in the gift shop and have it sent to your room? If not can I send something through amazon prime?

Should I fax a request for Sunday? What is the fax number? I don't have Touring Plans but I know where I would like to be.
Thanks.

I have read about half of these posts and haven't found the answer so I'll ask. Can you buy cases of water in the gift shop and have it sent to your room? If not can I send something through amazon prime?
I don't think so on the gift shop. We're going to order cases of water through Amazon Now (a Prime service) where they deliver within 2 hours.

I emailed Touring Plans and they said from what information they've heard, the king bed garden view rooms are now classified standard if anyone is wondering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter