Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I sent an email today about my disappointment in not being notified about the pool refurb. I got a call back within 2 hours! I was also offered the Boardwalk. The gentleman first offered the studio at Kidani but after he sensed my hesitation at the room configuration with the sofa bed being the second bed choice he offered the Boardwalk. I accepted and I know this is an upgrade but I’m feeling so sad about not being at AKL. The pool is the focus of our trip so I have to convince myself that this is a good way to experience a resort I’d probably never get to stay at otherwise. We were just at WDW for a quick 2 day trip to CBR and we went over to AKL to eat at Boma. It was so hard to leave and drive back to CBR. AKL just feels like home. It probably sounds crazy to say but I hope I’ll be ok with the switch.
We have stayed at BWV duringF&W. Proximity to Epcot and now Toy story Land can't be beat!!! Cosnider yourself very lucky if you are on a magic Your Way package and they switched you. Vacation Club has done nothing about dissatisfaction for its members, disappointing! There are no studios on properate during October F&W that are available, BUT I asked if they could give DH and me a deluxe resort room, would not do it. Told me I could book that, but would cost us a lot of extra points. Think NOT, booking a resort room with points is,a lousy use of points, rip off imo! Didn't even offer free water park admission since kidani pool will be overcrowded. Booked our studio at JamBoAnimal kingdom 10 months prior to our October trip!,Not happy!,Enjoy BW!,You will love it!:goodvibes

We called this morning and were told there were no scheduled room refurbs for our late Nov. trip. That was contrary to everything else I had seen. We were offered a switch to BWI, but declined.
You declined a switch to a resort which has no pool construction?:confused3 Perhaps you don't use the pool. Kidani pool will be very overcrowded.:eek:

Randomly stumbled upon the pool closing at Jambo House. I rented a 2 bedroom 11 months ago through David’s DVC. We are doing a 1st time Disney vacation with my kids and grandparents. My father has cancer and sometimes gets tired so we were banking on him doing sort days and the parks and going back to the pool. Also, my family is simply a pool family. We love going to the pool so we booked a 10 day vacation to accommodate pool time. This news was devastating!! I know there are worse things that could happen in this world but it is just gut wrenching when you put so much time, planning and money into a dream trip. I understand that nothing can be done but when I called Disney to ask about the pool they were just down right rude and I was as nice as could be!! I just don’t believe that they didn’t know they were doing this way in advance. I think they waited till the last minute to fill the rooms and leave people no time to switch!!! Ok I vented. We will make the most of our trip!!!

Randomly stumbled upon the pool closing at Jambo House. I rented a 2 bedroom 11 months ago through David’s DVC. We are doing a 1st time Disney vacation with my kids and grandparents. My father has cancer and sometimes gets tired so we were banking on him doing sort days and the parks and going back to the pool. Also, my family is simply a pool family. We love going to the pool so we booked a 10 day vacation to accommodate pool time. This news was devastating!! I know there are worse things that could happen in this world but it is just gut wrenching when you put so much time, planning and money into a dream trip. I understand that nothing can be done but when I called Disney to ask about the pool they were just down right rude and I was as nice as could be!! I just don’t believe that they didn’t know they were doing this way in advance. I think they waited till the last minute to fill the rooms and leave people no time to switch!!! Ok I vented. We will make the most of our trip!!!

I’m sorry that happened to you! It sounds very frustrating and I hope you have a fantastic trip, regardless.

AKL has many wonderful outdoor areas a person could relax, like the fire pit by one of the savannas. The Kidani pool is also just a short walk away (or any bus if your father is unable to make that walk easily).

I completely understand your frustration, but I think I can help alleviate some of it for you. First of all, even though the Jambo pool is bigger, the Kidani pool is BETTER. It has a bigger slide and a huge water "camp" play area for the kids. There is a dedicated shuttle that runs back and forth between the front doors of Jambo and Kidani so it is really easy to get to the Kidani pool. It's not as easy as it would be if Jambo's pool were open, but it is not like going to a completely different resort. I think once you do it one time, you will see that it's not too bad. There is also a mug refill station right at the pool bar so it's easy to grab a soda refill if you have the mugs. It's true that the Kidani pool is smaller and I am not sure how the pool area compares to Jambo so crowding is a valid concern. It's possible that a lot of people will simply assume that it's going to be crowded and just skip it altogether...who knows. I think you will love the resort and you will have a great time, despite the pool closure:goodvibes.

I completely understand your frustration, but I think I can help alleviate some of it for you. First of all, even though the Jambo pool is bigger, the Kidani pool is BETTER. It has a bigger slide and a huge water "camp" play area for the kids. There is a dedicated shuttle that runs back and forth between the front doors of Jambo and Kidani so it is really easy to get to the Kidani pool. It's not as easy as it would be if Jambo's pool were open, but it is not like going to a completely different resort. I think once you do it one time, you will see that it's not too bad. There is also a mug refill station right at the pool bar so it's easy to grab a soda refill if you have the mugs. It's true that the Kidani pool is smaller and I am not sure how the pool area compares to Jambo so crowding is a valid concern. It's possible that a lot of people will simply assume that it's going to be crowded and just skip it altogether...who knows. I think you will love the resort and you will have a great time, despite the pool closure:goodvibes.
:) Thank you!! This really helps!

Can anyone chime in about how busy the hotels get on the weekend vs weekday? I am thinking on trying the Kidani pool during the week and the water parks on the weekend. I wonder what they will do if Kidani hits capacity or they run out of chairs around the pool. They cannot always send people to the water parks when it closes at 5:00.

Can anyone chime in about how busy the hotels get on the weekend vs weekday?

I've never noticed a difference.

I wonder what they will do if Kidani hits capacity.

Good question. However I don't see that happening. We've been to both pools on the same day multiple times and made note that the guests at both pools could easily fit into either one of them.

Or they run out of chairs around the pool.

That is almost a daily occurrence at Stormalong Bay and they don't ever "do" anything.

Last edited:
Can anyone chime in about how busy the hotels get on the weekend vs weekday? I am thinking on trying the Kidani pool during the week and the water parks on the weekend. I wonder what they will do if Kidani hits capacity or they run out of chairs around the pool. They cannot always send people to the water parks when it closes at 5:00.

I have never noticed a difference between weekends and weekdays at the resorts or pools. If it is during the school year though, I have noticed a big difference at the water parks with the weekends being considerably more crowded. I really don't see them doing anything if they run out of chairs around the pool, this happens often at different pools at the resorts, my first and only time at CBR we had a horrible time getting chairs at the pool and left on more than one occasion, we were able to get chairs last time staying at WL but people that came after us couldn't for a little while. I don't think it will reach capacity, and if it does they will just not allow people to enter, but again, I really don't see that happening.

My boyfriend and I are staying here from Aug 20 to Sep 4, we planned to use a pool day on last day before our magical express but that's the day I see pool refurb starts (lucky we aren't really effected, we booked through a DVC rental company)...maybe I might be able to get in few more hours park time, although he will freak out about luggage space and be all ''No more shopping!!'' He knows me well LOL.

It will be our first time staying deluxe and his first time staying at WDW hotel. His first trip we stayed at a friends house.

We have Savannah room, I am hoping to see Zebras from our balcony. I will be back when we get closer to ask for advise on which savannah just in case animals are moved between now and then. Better safe than sorry :)

We are going in August and was worried too, when i contacted them they said nothing is due to start on 1st September (even though i had read mid-August elsewhere). Let's hope they are right.

How do you make room area requests? For the on-line check-in there doesn't appear to be a place to request certain savannas etc.

Thanks!

Here! Room was ready. Got text with my room number and it’s one of the partial savannah view labeled as a standard view! Have already seen a Roan Antelope, 2 ostriches, 2 crowned cranes, and Ankole cattle off in the distance. I’m livin’ the dream:daisy:

My photos won’t load right now. Maybe later?

Here! Room was ready. Got text with my room number and it’s one of the partial savannah view labeled as a standard view! Have already seen a Roan Antelope, 2 ostriches, 2 crowned cranes, and Ankole cattle off in the distance. I’m livin’ the dream:daisy:

Have a blast!!! Can’t wait to see your pictures. I love all disney pictures makes me feel like I’m there a little

Can't wait to see pictures! So you are in a standard category with a partial savannah view? Which savannah are you overlooking? It sounds crazy, but I'd be most excited about possibly seeing ostrich outside of my window!

2889DAA8-2695-450B-9344-BEDFF1289E8D.jpeg
Can't wait to see pictures! So you are in a standard category with a partial savannah view? Which savannah are you overlooking? It sounds crazy, but I'd be most excited about possibly seeing ostrich outside of my window!
Yes I’m in a standard on Ostrich trail. I think it’s Sunset Savannah? Here are a couple of ostriches I saw earlier::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter