Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

....what? Like, they're gonna FORCE you to stay in the room??!?!??! WTH?
Or at least force me to pay for it.

Essentially, according to Disney it's impossible to stay in a Standard view from the 1st to the 5th with the promo unless I stay the 1st to the 6th, but it's not due to any length of stay requirement because the 2nd to the 5th is also available.

I don't understand it. They'd rather me stay at Pop Century and pay $126 for the night, then go through all the trouble of switching hotels, than give me AKL and have me pay $265 for the night, even though the room is technically unoccupied.

Essentially, according to Disney it's impossible to stay in a Standard view from the 1st to the 5th with the promo unless I stay the 1st to the 6th, but it's not due to any length of stay requirement because the 2nd to the 5th is also available.

I don't understand it. They'd rather me stay at Pop Century and pay $126 for the night, then go through all the trouble of switching hotels, than give me AKL and have me pay $265 for the night, even though the room is technically unoccupied.
....very weird.....I've never had any trouble with room ressies....cannot imagine why they are giving you such a hard time about it....

I had a similar issue when making a 4 night reservation using a military discount. I wanted to check in Monday and leave Friday ...no go with the discount....but I could do Tuesday and leave Saturday that same week! We are flexible so it was not a big deal but that Thursday and Friday were at a higher rate. Still saved a lot and we are grateful for the discount.

I had a similar issue when making a 4 night reservation using a military discount. I wanted to check in Monday and leave Friday ...no go with the discount....but I could do Tuesday and leave Saturday that same week! We are flexible so it was not a big deal but that Thursday and Friday were at a higher rate. Still saved a lot and we are grateful for the discount.
I'd totally understand if the days weren't available, but it's strange that I'm allowed to book pretty much any combination of the days I want except the one I need.

Example: I can book July 31st-August 5th, and I can book August 1st-August 6th and both work with the discount. But August 1st-August 5th doesn't work.

I almost always make stay modifications and have never had any issues. Wait a day or 2, then call Disney.

I always request "resort modification" to the automated system. When I reach a CM, I tell them I need to drop a day from my reservation. I've never yet been told they couldn't do it. They've never asked me "why" so I definitely wouldn't volunteer that information! Just state you need to check out on the 5th so you want to drop the last night! ;)

I'd totally understand if the days weren't available, but it's strange that I'm allowed to book pretty much any combination of the days I want except the one I need.

Example: I can book July 31st-August 5th, and I can book August 1st-August 6th and both work with the discount. But August 1st-August 5th doesn't work.
The Monday we wanted was available but not with the discount. Your promo might be the problem getting the exact dates you want.

Okay, we just arrived home from our trip. We stayed at Jambo House in room 4543 on Zebra Trail. It was categorized as a standard view, and it was somewhat obstructed, but we saw a ton of animals every single day. I think it was near a staging area because they would line up along the fence and wait for the hay tractors to go by every day. A little giraffe baby was always out with who I assume are its parents. It was so neat! We also had some little antelope/deer things ( I forget the name) that would hop the hotwire all of the time to come eat the bushes under our room. We heard one of the tour guides for the safari saying the like those bushes more, even though they have the same ones on their side.
35785592_10156511280746340_3790012930221670400_n.jpg 35805461_10156511343656340_1849375336693760000_n.jpg 35844448_10157522540798242_5746474458873331712_n.jpg 36233225_10156522834436340_3330594224327360512_n.jpg

The lodge itself was beautiful! I will admit that in pictures the lobby looks much larger than it is... Not saying it's small. At check in they gave up buttons for our anniversary and those make a good keepsake. On our second day we also came home to this:
35884179_10156512665661340_2630612274175279104_n.jpg
It was a delicious and thoughtful surprise!

We only used a pool a few times just because we'd rather nap than swim, but we did spend some time at the pool bar. I have fallen in love with Coco-Jitos and my husband drank his share of the Banana Cabana drinks (big, tatted up, tough looking guy drinking fruity pool drinks... LOVE IT). The Coco-Jitos will be my signature drink this summer. I have a huge mint plant in my garden this year. Now I've found it's purpose :rolleyes1

The security checks weren't intrusive IMO. If we left the do-not-disturb sign on the door all day housekeeping would call and ask when they could come by. They never just barged in on us and we were there at various times throughout our trip.

Overall it was such a fantastic trip and we really feel as though it was worth every penny. My husband, the man with the biggest case of resting jerk face just lights up at Disney. We really had the time of our lives and now he is refusing to stay anywhere else :rolleyes: I've created a monster.

Thank you all for the advice! I'll continue to follow this thread for our 2020 trip we've started planning for our twins' 13th bday bash! :D

Okay, we just arrived home from our trip. We stayed at Jambo House in room 4543 on Zebra Trail. It was categorized as a standard view, and it was somewhat obstructed, but we saw a ton of animals every single day. I think it was near a staging area because they would line up along the fence and wait for the hay tractors to go by every day. A little giraffe baby was always out with who I assume are its parents. It was so neat! We also had some little antelope/deer things ( I forget the name) that would hop the hotwire all of the time to come eat the bushes under our room. We heard one of the tour guides for the safari saying the like those bushes more, even though they have the same ones on their side.
View attachment 333013 View attachment 333014 View attachment 333015 View attachment 333016

The lodge itself was beautiful! I will admit that in pictures the lobby looks much larger than it is... Not saying it's small. At check in they gave up buttons for our anniversary and those make a good keepsake. On our second day we also came home to this:
View attachment 333017
It was a delicious and thoughtful surprise!

We only used a pool a few times just because we'd rather nap than swim, but we did spend some time at the pool bar. I have fallen in love with Coco-Jitos and my husband drank his share of the Banana Cabana drinks (big, tatted up, tough looking guy drinking fruity pool drinks... LOVE IT). The Coco-Jitos will be my signature drink this summer. I have a huge mint plant in my garden this year. Now I've found it's purpose :rolleyes1

The security checks weren't intrusive IMO. If we left the do-not-disturb sign on the door all day housekeeping would call and ask when they could come by. They never just barged in on us and we were there at various times throughout our trip.

Overall it was such a fantastic trip and we really feel as though it was worth every penny. My husband, the man with the biggest case of resting jerk face just lights up at Disney. We really had the time of our lives and now he is refusing to stay anywhere else :rolleyes: I've created a monster.

Thank you all for the advice! I'll continue to follow this thread for our 2020 trip we've started planning for our twins' 13th bday bash! :D
You make me feel better now about already planning our 2021 trip.

I am another maniac who is planning the 2021 trip lol. I have the dates set and even know what park we will be visiting on what day :)

2021 will be here before we know it!
Hmm are you related to me? I also have done that. The girls insisted on the deluxe meal plan and want The Poly (sigh they will get it) but I have a tentative schedule of restaurants and park days as well. Its never to early since I know a few things will change such as new rides, restaurants etc.

a monster.

So funny. We were in 4544 earlier this month. I guess we would have been right across the hall? Our view was another people pen, but it was a bit less obstructed, I think, as the none of the animals were behind a fence on our side. But you still had a great view! I was so glad that we didn't pay for a Savannah view!

I rented DVC points for my August trip and am now thinking about room requests. We booked savannah view. Can I call and put the Savannah request I would like through or does that need to be done by the owners?

Also does Arusha and Sunset both still have Zebras?

I rented DVC points for my August trip and am now thinking about room requests. We booked savannah view. Can I call and put the Savannah request I would like through or does that need to be done by the owners?

Also does Arusha and Sunset both still have Zebras?

We rented points as well, but used the TP fax tool, and got the exact rooms we requested.

I need to make a decision as to which savannah to request. I also need to keep reminding myself that I can easily wander around the resort to see whatever animals aren’t outside of our assigned room.

Are the Red River Hogs or Okapi in any of the savannahs at Jambo or will I have to go over to Kidani to see them?

Anyone know anything about the 'Bush Camp' for kids? On the opening page of this thread it says NEW...just wondering if it's still happening now, and if anyone knows anything about it?

I'm back from my vacation and AKL was lovely as always. I will say that the lighting is just terrible in the bathrooms and I look forward to them at least putting the lighted makeup mirrors in the rooms. Here's our pool view! Maybe not as exciting as savanna view, but still super beautiful!
42384610954_a4da7f761b_z.jpg

I'm back from my vacation and AKL was lovely as always. I will say that the lighting is just terrible in the bathrooms and I look forward to them at least putting the lighted makeup mirrors in the rooms. Here's our pool view!...

....looks like you were above the fitness center...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter