JAMBO! The UN-official AKL Thread ~ UPDATED(short film/pg 8 & slideshow/pg 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope everyone had a Happy and Safe 4th of July!

Mom was moved into a regular room today. She said the doctor told her 1 or 2 more weeks before she comes home. She is still quite weak but getting a little stronger each day!

I am treating my sister and her kids because I prefer to go without DBIL!

Hi Everyone!!!!

Happy 4th!!!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

I'm a little sad to hear so many "hubbies" (dm220 excluded) ;) don't like going to the world!!!! My DH LOVES it as much as I do, in fact this Sept. trip was solely his idea!!! We were just there in Jan./Feb. and we are starting to plan for next Feb. :thumbsup2 AND!!!! :cool1: he just told me last night to go ahead and extend the trip for 2 more nights!!!!! YEP, I'm gonna get 2 full weeks out of him yet!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes1

So, would you guys add onto the front or back of the trip??? AND I'm thinking about the Poly for 2 nights???? I know, I know, it's blasphemy, but, I've always wanted to stay there, so what do you think??? I"m seriously leaning towards the back end, I'm afraid that with Labor Day the weekend will be really crowded. ( We arrive on Sunday the 3rd as it is now). I think days on the end would be better. :confused3

I also just made him a resv. for the Magnolia course, a birthday gift for him ~ he's VERY happy about that!!!! which could explain the "extension" onto the trip :goodvibes Well, I hope everyone enjoyed the fireworks and has a great week!!

LAWalz23 said:

Mom was moved into a regular room today. She said the doctor told her 1 or 2 more weeks before she comes home. She is still quite weak but getting a little stronger each day!

:grouphug: Glad to hear she is doing better!!! I hear ya about the BIL, my DSis finally got one that is normal!!!! ;) :rotfl2:

LAWalz23 said:

I'm happy to hear the good news! Last summer my Mom was very ill, and her move into a regular room was a huge accomplishment. She had a bout with the same thing last week, adn is very weak but we caught it in time, so she was able to avoid going to the hospital this time. Thank goodness that my sis is a resp therapist, and can manage to stay on top of her illness. The Dr will work with her because she is amazing!

I would add on to the end of the trip!

wendypooh said:
So, would you guys add onto the front or back of the trip??? AND I'm thinking about the Poly for 2 nights???? I know, I know, it's blasphemy, but, I've always wanted to stay there, so what do you think??? I"m seriously leaning towards the back end, I'm afraid that with Labor Day the weekend will be really crowded. ( We arrive on Sunday the 3rd as it is now). I think days on the end would be better. :confused3

LAWalz23 said:
...Mom was moved into a regular room today. She said the doctor told her 1 or 2 more weeks before she comes home. She is still quite weak but getting a little stronger each day!...

.... :woohoo: Woowoowooooo!!

Thanks everyone for your good wishes! Mom was a little fiesty today so I hope that means she is on her way!

Wendypooh, I would add the days on to the end and do it at the Poly. It is nice and peaceful there even with crowds!

Nancyg56, hope your Mom is feeling better!

LAWalz23 said:
Nancyg56, hope your Mom is feeling better!

Thank you. She has emphysema, and it is progressive. Last year she was very ill, but bounced back. This past week has been horrible for people with breathing issues, and she is no exception, but so far we have been able to keep her out of the hospital. Today we go to the Dr, and will see what he says. A little prayer would be welcome.

ORL_DAKL-exter-1.jpg

ORL_DAKL-lobby-1.jpg

ORL_DAKL-rooms-2.jpg

ORL_DAKL-rooms-1.jpg

ORL_DAKL-poolo-2.jpg

ORL_DAKL-poolo-1.jpg

ORL_DAKL-publi-2.jpg

Well, we are goning to have a 'family meeting' tonight, regarding our upcoming trip, so we can decided ONCE AND FOR ALL, HOW and IF we are going to AKL.....

Good luck Kimmar! The pics you posted make me wanna be there now :Pinkbounc

Oh I can't wait, can't wait :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

kimmar067 said:
Well, we are goning to have a 'family meeting' tonight, regarding our upcoming trip, so we can decided ONCE AND FOR ALL, HOW and IF we are going to AKL.....

tinknme said:
Good luck Kimmar! The pics you posted make me wanna be there now :Pinkbounc

Oh I can't wait, can't wait :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

...me either...wish me LUCK...... :rolleyes:

Great Pics!!! Thanks!!! I really miss it and can hardly wait to get back!!! Good Luck with the "meeting"!!!! Let us know how it works out!

** Thanks all who answered -- We went ahead and added the days onto the end, at AKL!!!! :thumbsup2

wendypooh said:
Great Pics!!! Thanks!!! I really miss it and can hardly wait to get back!!! Good Luck with the "meeting"!!!! Let us know how it works out!

** Thanks all who answered -- We went ahead and added the days onto the end, at AKL!!!! :thumbsup2

.... :thumbsup2 for BOTH things!

....SOMEONE'S been visitng the AKL Concierge Lounge recently.....

AKLCL.jpg

Thanks, Morticia! :thumbsup2

This may be a stupid question, but I'm not too proud to ask :teeth:

Do the AKL busses go only to and from the parks? Do they go to the other resorts?

TIA :goodvibes

The buses only go to the parks, water parks, & dtd. To get to another resort you need to get on a bus to any park & then take a bus to a resort. You can also ride the monorail from MK to get to the Contemporary, Poly, & GF.

mlwear said:
Do the AKL busses go only to and from the parks? Do they go to the other resorts?

TIA :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter