JAMBO! The UN-official AKL Thread ~ UPDATED(short film/pg 8 & slideshow/pg 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are like a chocolate mouse(sp) & some say they have a taste of coffee. I did not notice this, but they are yummy! Someone else can do a better job of describing than me :Pinkbounc

Jenn0))) said:
So I've been meaning to ask... what are these Zebra Domes and what's in them?

tinknme said:
They are like a chocolate mouse(sp) & some say they have a taste of coffee. I did not notice this, but they are yummy! Someone else can do a better job of describing than me :Pinkbounc

...actually they are made with a * hint * of coffee liqueur....YUMMY!!! :hyper:

mlwear said:
This may be a stupid question, but I'm not too proud to ask :teeth:

Do the AKL busses go only to and from the parks? Do they go to the other resorts?

TIA :goodvibes

...no, unfortunately....you would have to go to a PARK and switch busses THERE (OR go to DTD :confused3 )....

Just want to say thanks for this great thread. I convinced (with some rubber arm twisting) DH to spend a couple nights at AKL and the info here has only made me realize what a great decision it is! :thumbsup2

pooksma said:
Just want to say thanks for this great thread. I convinced (with some rubber arm twisting) DH to spend a couple nights at AKL and the info here has only made me realize what a great decision it is! :thumbsup2

...you are quite :welcome: !! Yup, you WON'T regret it.... :thumbsup2

kimmar067 said:
ORL_DAKL-exter-1.jpg

ORL_DAKL-lobby-1.jpg

ORL_DAKL-rooms-2.jpg

ORL_DAKL-rooms-1.jpg

ORL_DAKL-poolo-2.jpg

ORL_DAKL-poolo-1.jpg

ORL_DAKL-publi-2.jpg

Well, we are goning to have a 'family meeting' tonight, regarding our upcoming trip, so we can decided ONCE AND FOR ALL, HOW and IF we are going to AKL.....
gl on the meeting

wendypooh said:
Great Pics!!! Thanks!!! I really miss it and can hardly wait to get back!!! Good Luck with the "meeting"!!!! Let us know how it works out!

** Thanks all who answered -- We went ahead and added the days onto the end, at AKL!!!! :thumbsup2
congrats on the extra days at akl, maybe we will see you there

I knew there was coffee in there somewhere :thumbsup2

kimmar067 said:
...actually they are made with a * hint * of coffee liqueur....YUMMY!!! :hyper:

You won't regret it, your gonna love it! :cheer2:

pooksma said:

If you want to know exactly what is in the ZDs, go to the recipe link on allearsnet.com and they have it there (but too complicated for me!).

I did make the banana bread pudding with vanilla sauce. I used costco croissants and it was not only easy, but it was excellent!

I just dropped from a Savannah view room to Standard. What I really wanted was Pool view ,but It's not open with an AP discount..I'm OK with a not so good view..I can go to viewing areas... Does anyone have any advice about standard views at the AKL?

Oh my goodness, I leave tomorrow.
Tonight, some last minute shopping and then I wake up and flyyyyyyyyyyyyy to my new home.

How exciting :cool1: Will you do me a favor if you have time? Can you see if the marketplace sells 1/2 gallons of milk. I did not pay attention when I was there last. I am trying to decide if I need a grocery delivery or not. Beings we will be there for a week & my boys will be with me, I know I am going to need a few things for the room :teeth: Thanks & have a wonderful time! :Pinkbounc

Jenn0))) said:
Oh my goodness, I leave tomorrow.
Tonight, some last minute shopping and then I wake up and flyyyyyyyyyyyyy to my new home.

tinknme said:
How exciting :cool1: Will you do me a favor if you have time? Can you see if the marketplace sells 1/2 gallons of milk. I did not pay attention when I was there last. I am trying to decide if I need a grocery delivery or not. Beings we will be there for a week & my boys will be with me, I know I am going to need a few things for the room :teeth: Thanks & have a wonderful time! :Pinkbounc
Yes, I will definitely check for you!

I have decided to really splurge for my dd's 16th surprise birthday trip. Originally, I had a pool view booked, but now I'm upgrading to savannah! This thread is so long, so can someone please help me with room requests for a savannah view. I would like nonsmoking and bunks, but other than that we are open. This will be our first time at AKL, so really I think we will be pleased with anything. Thanks so much!!

OOoo yes, this is info I would also like to have. See these are the questions I dont think to ask!

ugadog99 said:
I have decided to really splurge for my dd's 16th surprise birthday trip. Originally, I had a pool view booked, but now I'm upgrading to savannah! This thread is so long, so can someone please help me with room requests for a savannah view. I would like nonsmoking and bunks, but other than that we are open. This will be our first time at AKL, so really I think we will be pleased with anything. Thanks so much!!

Ask for just THAT - non-smoking room w/bunks..... :sunny: ANY savannah view is awseome (although I personally have never seen the view of any rooms in the Sunset Savannah)...you will have a wonderful time..... :thumbsup2

Does anyone know where the Deluxe Pool View category rooms are located at the resort? When I called to pay for our trip, I got a CM who was crazy about AKL and really excited about our stay! He said to ask for 4th or 5th floor which he noted on the reservation for us. He said Arusha savannah is the best place to stay, but we have the Deluxe Pool View booked! So does anyone have any knowledge of where these rooms are located at the resort? Close to lobby? Only on higher floors? Any experiences? Thanks! :sunny:

JennO))) and Disfreek have a great time! Looking forward to your reports!

Nancyg56, I will definately continue to say prayers for your Mom, hope she is doing better!

Kimmar, hope your family mtg went well!

Wendypooh, congrats on the two extra days at AKL.

I am happy to report that my Mom seems tlo be getting stronger each day and doctors are hoping she will be well enough to come home with some help the end of next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter