Jambo

Are concierge rooms now considered savanna view or maybe value rooms?
In the DVC reservation system Club level rooms remain as club level.

For the time being with Club level services not being offered (and we don't know when they'll come back) the owners booked with rooms overlapping this blackout of services should see a partial refund of points as they will only have the equivalent of Standard view rooms.

As long as your reservation says Club Level on it, I believe the physical location of the room will not change unless the room assigner has been given the flexibility to do so.

I see the availability starting the 22nd which is when we are going and got switched to Kidani! Makes no sense!

It makes no sense because I think they had something in the program set to block all Jambo and just removed thst which opens them all,

We know you can’t book CL as CL either...or rooms before the 22nd and they are there.

IMO, this doesn’t change that Jambo is not opening right away. But, it does support that Jambo will not remain closed indefinitely.

For the time being with Club level services not being offered (and we don't know when they'll come back) the owners booked with rooms overlapping this blackout of services should see a partial refund of points as they will only have the equivalent of Standard view rooms.

As long as your reservation says Club Level on it, I believe the physical location of the room will not change unless the room assigner has been given the flexibility to do so.

I disagree, but we will see. Unless the system is built to address how much is refunded, how do they decide.

I have heard some rooms have better views than others. Easier and less messy to move guests to rooms already classified and charge according, then arbitrarily decide how to reclassify.

I know, some do not agree with me.

I disagree, but we will see. Unless the system is built to address how much is refunded, how do they decide.

I have heard some rooms have better views than others. Easier and less messy to move guests to rooms already classified and charge according, then arbitrarily decide how to reclassify.

I know, some do not agree with me.

I totally respect that. I doubt even Member services really knows how to handle this at the moment. They probably change their internal mode of operation on this day by day, case by case.

Thanks for the updates. I just changed our beach club to AKL value and saved a ton of points (since storm along bay isn't open I was planning to switch resorts soon, but this post of Jambo value rooms available was perfect!

I also booked one night in a club level room. I realize Disney said club level lounges will be closed, so any word on what will happen with these rooms? Might they give us another way to have food and drink? Or are they just going to refund some points? Thoughts?

I totally respect that. I doubt even Member services really knows how to handle this at the moment. They probably change their internal mode of operation on this day by day, case by case.

Given that there are only 5 of them...it does just seem easier to do!

Thanks for the updates. I just changed our beach club to AKL value and saved a ton of points (since storm along bay isn't open I was planning to switch resorts soon, but this post of Jambo value rooms available was perfect!

I also booked one night in a club level room. I realize Disney said club level lounges will be closed, so any word on what will happen with these rooms? Might they give us another way to have food and drink? Or are they just going to refund some points? Thoughts?

Cash guests are being refunded for them. So, they are not making any adjustments. What will happen is the big question. IMO, as I have shared, I think they will simply move guests to open rooms and then charge according...all other AKV rooms are less.

Some think they will leave those rooms actually open for use, and then somehow decide how many points to be refunded.

glad you snagged a value room and saved! I was shocked to see them open and grabbed it then came here to share !!!

Jambo is showing lots of availability for me now. Maybe they were holding it for MLS but since they ended up going with the Swan and Dolphin they no longer need to?
This just happened. I checked a few hours ago (10am Est) and there was no availability.

Last edited:
Yep...some have literally gone from "DVC is going to change the rules and cheat me and I'm thinking of selling" to "DVC is the greatest thing ever" in the blink of an eye.
not the greatest thing ever, nope. Just happy that something has been resolved with our points that they could not for sure give communication on whether they could be reallocated. Not knowing since the memo went out in May has been frustrating, add to that the possibility of Jambo house not even being open has not been comical at all. So for us as DVC owners we are just happy things are resolved, we still stand by the fact that they have not been great with communicating along the way.

Apologies if I missed it, but still no official word on when Jambo is reopening, correct? Hopefully the fact that there is availability on the site means that the Jambo restaurants/pool may open up soon as well?

Apologies if I missed it, but still no official word on when Jambo is reopening, correct? Hopefully the fact that there is availability on the site means that the Jambo restaurants/pool may open up soon as well?

And, I think if it was going to open prior to AKL the hotel, the DVC website would have been updated by now.

Rumor that we may hear by end of week early next week about Disney resort hotels

Since the hotel side can eliminate the Concierge level and refund cash that won't be an issue and it might be possible for DVC to do something modified such as prepared plates for the DVC Concierge rooms. Or even a menu type options and bring the plated food to each room since they're all some 15-60 feet away. Or just have it plated and ready for the rooms to pick up. Not much different than a QS.

I doubt they'll do this but they could if they wanted to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter