Jambo

Since the hotel side can eliminate the Concierge level and refund cash that won't be an issue and it might be possible for DVC to do something modified such as prepared plates for the DVC Concierge rooms. Or even a menu type options and bring the plated food to each room since they're all some 15-60 feet away. Or just have it plated and ready for the rooms to pick up. Not much different than a QS.

I doubt they'll do this but they could if they wanted to.
They can absolutely do this!
I just hope they make some kind of announcement very soon. Also, I really hope they didn't let members book CL rooms yesterday when they had no intention to open any kind of service. Because all CL rooms are either completely booked through the rest of 2020 or they have blocked them.

They can absolutely do this!
I just hope they make some kind of announcement very soon. Also, I really hope they didn't let members book CL rooms yesterday when they had no intention to open any kind of service. Because all CL rooms are either completely booked through the rest of 2020 or they have blocked them.
I just checked and there is random CL availability for both studios and 1 br units before the end of 2020 so I don’t believe they have been entirely pulled. Studios have very few available nights and the 1br are more booked than I thought they would be. MS may be scooping them up, but it doesn’t appear they are actually blocked like previously.

I just checked and there is random CL availability for both studios and 1 br units before the end of 2020 so I don’t believe they have been entirely pulled. Studios have very few available nights and the 1br are more booked than I thought they would be. MS may be scooping them up, but it doesn’t appear they are actually blocked like previously.
lol...something is going on again because i checked several times this morning and there was nothing, you're right there's quite a few in 1br.. smh
🤦‍♀️

lol...something is going on again because i checked several times this morning and there was nothing, you're right there's quite a few in 1br.. smh
🤦‍♀️

Its normal for Studio Club level to have no inventory. There are only 5 studios and they get booked very fast.

Since the hotel side can eliminate the Concierge level and refund cash that won't be an issue and it might be possible for DVC to do something modified such as prepared plates for the DVC Concierge rooms. Or even a menu type options and bring the plated food to each room since they're all some 15-60 feet away. Or just have it plated and ready for the rooms to pick up. Not much different than a QS.

They could give them a variation of dining plan snack credits in place of the lounge offerings and still keep bottled individual drinks in the self serve refrigerator. I would miss the specialty coffee maker but it's probably not an option unless someone does it for you. Snack credits redeemable at the Mara....

I called a couple of hotels (in my state) that I will be visiting in late June and July that provide breakfast offerings. A Hyatt Place and a Residence Inn. They are doing morning 'grab and go bags' with fruit, bagel or muffin, cereal bar, etc for us right now but are hopeful to go to more as time goes on.

As you suggested: during the WL rehab, CL guests received a menu to choose from, & the selected foods/beverages were brought directly to their rooms (as per A CM who had worked WL Concierge then). Since they have used that model previously without any apparent difficulties, they will likely do the same, perhaps with some modifications.

As you suggested: during the WL rehab, CL guests received a menu to choose from, & the selected foods/beverages were brought directly to their rooms (as per A CM who had worked WL Concierge then). Since they have used that model previously without any apparent difficulties, they will likely do the same, perhaps with some modifications.

Cash guests through December have reported that they have had CL removed and taken from reservations, with refunds processed.

IMO, if they are not keeping any modified version for cash guests, I would be surprised to see them continue to offer to DVC.

Cash guests through December have reported that they have had CL removed and taken from reservations, with refunds processed.

IMO, if they are not keeping any modified version for cash guests, I would be surprised to see them continue to offer to DVC.

Thanks for the info. IMO, the DVC rooms on the 6th floor have not so great views and so the point allocation should definitely not be more than a standard view if there are zero CL offerings.

I was kicking myself in the rear when all the dates opened back up for AKV Jambo thinking to myself there i go jumping the gun and canceling my CL studio. But, I am now glad that I switched to all 6 nights at CCV.

Jambo is still my favorite overall (except during F&W then it is BCV).

Thanks for the info. IMO, the DVC rooms on the 6th floor have not so great views and so the point allocation should definitely not be more than a standard view if there are zero CL offerings.

I was kicking myself in the rear when all the dates opened back up for AKV Jambo thinking to myself there i go jumping the gun and canceling my CL studio. But, I am now glad that I switched to all 6 nights at CCV.

Jambo is still my favorite overall (except during F&W then it is BCV).

I still have not yet seen any confirmed reports of the actual opening date for Jambo either.

The email yesterday was misleading I think and should have mentioned it.

I wish we had someone checking in to Jambo early who can confirm they are not being moved.

DVC owns the lounge and AKL pays for their usage so technically it's up to DVC.

Agreed - this is the only Club Level directly tied to DVC. It's really separate from the cash Club Level rooms. But since a large percentage of the Club Level rooms are cash, makes you wonder if they can do Club Level for so few DVC rooms - or if they'll do Club Level at all. And if they don't, how will they handle the points premium members used to reserve them?

I still have not yet seen any confirmed reports of the actual opening date for Jambo either.

The email yesterday was misleading I think and should have mentioned it.

I wish we had someone checking in to Jambo early who can confirm they are not being moved.

I asked today, via the DVC Member chat about my August Club level reservation. She said they have no information at this time. I figure I will check again in a few weeks.

Are you sure DVC owns the lounge? The lounge was there before DVC. I used it when staying as a regular CL level guest in a 5th floor room on one occasion.

Are you sure DVC owns the lounge? The lounge was there before DVC. I used it when staying as a regular CL level guest in a 5th floor room on one occasion.

Positive. Read the declarations yesterday. :crazy2: (unless there was an amendment since then but I didn't run across any)

When DVC came into being at Jambo Disney deeded it over and it's a limited common element within the AKV condo association. WDWHTC (I think that's the right acronym from the document without going back to confirm) - ie AKL, has access and pays for their part of the cost. They can elect to terminate their agreement to the lounge and DVC decides what to do with it which means they can keep it going if they want to.

Didn’t know that about the lounge. But Disney has said they won’t be providing CL services....so can DVC require them to?

In this case since it's owned by DVC it's up to them as far as I could tell from the documents. DVC is it's own entity and it was clear that if Disney terminated their contract to the lounge then DVC can still operate it. This is a little different but I do not see how Disney can dictate what is done with it.

So we'll see. DVC legally could from what I read and they also are supposed to keep a separation between themselves and other close entities but we know they have a difficult time doing that. I'm coming to the conclusion It's essentially what created this "Jambogate" - pressure or direction from a close entity.

In this case since it's owned by DVC it's up to them as far as I could tell from the documents. DVC is it's own entity and it was clear that if Disney terminated their contract to the lounge then DVC can still operate it. This is a little different but I do not see how Disney can dictate what is done with it.

Sorry...my question wasn’t clear, Does Disney provide the food and CMs? And, can DVC still require them to do that?

With only DVC open, why would they have taken the trouble to list CL not being offered if they would for DVC.

I also thought that the DVC rooms are on the same floor as cash CL...am I wrong?

Agreed - this is the only Club Level directly tied to DVC. It's really separate from the cash Club Level rooms. But since a large percentage of the Club Level rooms are cash, makes you wonder if they can do Club Level for so few DVC rooms - or if they'll do Club Level at all. And if they don't, how will they handle the points premium members used to reserve them?

Time required to handle the 5-10 rooms wouldn't be much if they chose to do the grab and go that was mentioned above. Might even cost DVC less than normal.

Positive. Read the declarations yesterday. :crazy2: (unless there was an amendment since then but I didn't run across any)

When DVC came into being at Jambo Disney deeded it over and it's a limited common element within the AKV condo association. WDWHTC (I think that's the right acronym from the document without going back to confirm) - ie AKL, has access and pays for their part of the cost. They can elect to terminate their agreement to the lounge and DVC decides what to do with it which means they can keep it going if they want to.

Thanks for answering! That's interesting how it played out. I've been able to get a few nights here and there at the 7 month mark, but not recently and I truly enjoy this lounge and the room set up. When I stayed as a cash customer several times before DVC I was always on the 5th floor and had to use the stairs and the gate or the elevator. Just walking to the lounge from a few steps away is nice.

Sorry...my question wasn’t clear, Does Disney provide the food and CMs? And, can DVC still require them to do that?

With only DVC open, why would they have taken the trouble to list CL not being offered if they would for DVC.

I also thought that the DVC rooms are on the same floor as cash CL...am I wrong?

The DVC lounge is on the DVC floor. DVC concierge rooms are the only rooms up there. That's likely why they turned it over to DVC to start with.

So, then it's semantics and operations of where the food comes from. The association has underlying control of the lounge and the hotel side is has an agreement for use and to pay their share the costs. Just sharing that from my reading that it seems to be up to DVC what they want to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter