Jambo

Good luck to those holding upcoming AKV jambo res!

Hope you are offered satisfactory replacement accommodations

personally, trying not to stress re my sept/oct & nov/dec res there!

is it safe to rely upon DVC to at least offer somewhere to lay our heads?

"Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, some amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will likely remain closed until the rest of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. However, at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, merchandise locations and restaurants will be available. "

What a PITB.

The statement issued by Disney Vacation Club appears to imply that it will not open until “the volume of reservations increase” to a sufficient level.“

at the risk of repeating myself, the above vague, open statement is incredibly frustrating

IMO the considerate thing to do for members is to call it at least a month or so at a time, To avoid keeping members hanging...then revisit it as the situation merits

Exactly, appears a long end game

that’s why I’m having concerns re sept/oct I didn’t have earlier
I also still have a reservation at Jambo for October. I'm of a mind to just cancel the whole thing and just plan on going in April for my birthday. If that happens it'll be 16 months between my visits and the most time I've spent away from WDW since I joined DVC in 1997.

The statement issued by Disney Vacation Club appears to imply that it will not open until “the volume of reservations increase” to a sufficient level.“

at the risk of repeating myself, the above vague, open statement is incredibly frustrating

IMO the considerate thing to do for members is to call it at least a month or so at a time, To avoid keeping members hanging...then revisit it as the situation merits
Agreed.

While Disney's caution is incredibly understandable, the fact that they play this planning out week by week with near no regard for the planning of the guests and owners shows indecision edging on incompetence.

Even more upsetting is that employees who see this as an issue seem to be afraid to vocalize that this just isn't working or aren't being taken seriously. They're the ones listening to the guests

Just pick a date and stick to it.

- My 2 cents

Last edited:
I think Jambo is availBe for booking. So, people can book. It just means that if you do and it is not open, be prepared to be moved to. Kidani.

It's open for cash reservations?

I already have a DVC reservation in November at Jambo.

I think Jambo is availBe for booking. So, people can book. It just means that if you do and it is not open, be prepared to be moved to. Kidani.
DVC, yes but not the Lodge part. My guess is that Jambo won't be open until the Lodge rooms fill up.

I don’t see any assurances they are guaranteeing that those DVC displaces from Jambo will 100% have a comparable unit at Kidani

that, I could live with considering these trying times as long as it doesn’t turn out that any MLB or NBA participants wind up filling these jambo rooms

no malicious intent to anyone’s home resort(s), but we bought where we wanted to stay and generally book those resorts. There are a few though where I’d Rather save my points

Last edited:
I don’t see any assurances they are guaranteeing that those DVC displaces from Jambo will 100% have a comparable unit at Kidani
This is what I am worried about. We have a 3 bedroom grand villa booked at Jambo, savannah view. There are five of them at Jambo, all savannah view. Kidani has 7 units with savannah view, I think. IMO, the Jambo units are much nicer, plus I am not sure they will have room at Kidani if they have to move all the 3 bedroom villas from Jambo.

For the June 22 to July 10 period, I think guest capacity was low enough that they could move everyone to an equivalent or better room (I know, subjective). Once July 11 happens, I don't think it will be that easy. The CM I talked to this morning seemed to think that Jambo would be open by the time we go at the end of July...albeit without restaurants or merch. I hope at least the pool!

It's open for cash reservations?

I already have a DVC reservation in November at Jambo.

This is the DVC forum so I was referring to DVC. Them opening Jambo rooms would be based on DVC...however, I do not believe they will until the hotel opens up and right now, WDW is in no rush to open any of theirs.

The CM I talked to this morning seemed to think that Jambo would be open by the time we go at the end of July...albeit without restaurants or merch. I hope at least the pool!

I can live with this! That's what I'm hoping for. I can bring my own food and drinks from my room, just give me my Jambo pool!

that, I could live with considering these trying times as long as it doesn’t turn out that any MLB or NBA participants wind up filling these jambo rooms

no malicious intent to anyone’s home resort(s), but we bought where we wanted to stay and generally book those resorts. There are a few though where I’d Rather save my points

The message says they will be moved to Kidani...so that is the plan. it sounds like to me is when Kidani can’t absorb the overflow from Jambo, then they will open up those rooms.

I think anyone with Jambo now...June and July...should expect to go to Kidani if Jambo remains closed.

Beyond that, we don’t know.

Agreed.

While Disney's caution is incredibly understandable, the fact that they play this planning out week by week with near no regard for the planning of the guests and owners shows indecision edging on incompetence.

Even more upsetting is that employees who see this as an issue seem to be afraid to vocalize that this just isn't working or aren't being taken seriously. They're the ones listening to the guests

- My 2 cents

And that's an excellent 2 cents twinklebug!

Agreed.

- My 2 cents

If Disney's trying to make people feel like they don't want them there I do think they're accomplishing that goal.

Guests for sure. A few folk are fine with winging plans, they get a high off of it. Most of DVC don't do that though, it's part of the package we bought into, we need to plan months out and the only things that upset those plans are typically work, family and airlines.

The employees I've spoken with in member services are overwhelmed. The stress really has gotten to them but they need to keep that Disney attitude going or risk bad ratings. I have to wonder if Disney is doing anything special for these folk and those who work at the resorts and parks when they open. Just little nods and tokens of approval on a regular basis work wonders for moral.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter