Jambo

I assume you contacted the rental agency?

Interested in their response.

Absolutely. I contacted them right after the announcement came out and they said that they haven't been contacted by the owner of any changes and that their recommendation is to show up and that I will likely be moved. If I have an issue at check-in to call them.

I also called Member Services, I knew they couldn't do anything because it wasn't my membership that was used to book the reservation, but I wanted to take every avenue possible to alert MS or the Owner to the fact that it needed to be changed. At least this way I know that I did my due diligence just in case there isn't a room when I arrive.

*edit - I also sent a fax with my requests for my Jambo room to see if anyone would see that

Absolutely. I contacted them right after the announcement came out and they said that they haven't been contacted by the owner of any changes and that their recommendation is to show up and that I will likely be moved. If I have an issue at check-in to call them.

I also called Member Services, I knew they couldn't do anything because it wasn't my membership that was used to book the reservation, but I wanted to take every avenue possible to alert MS or the Owner to the fact that it needed to be changed. At least this way I know that I did my due diligence just in case there isn't a room when I arrive.

*edit - I also sent a fax with my requests for my Jambo room to see if anyone would see that
Wow. I would think they would be more proactive than that. Did it let you do online check in?

yup, I am all checked in and I was able to submit a magical express request form and that was accepted as well.
Well, maybe Magical Express will get you on the right bus! At least since they are making you pick up your own luggage at baggage claim, it will go with you.

So, the good news is that Jambo villas will open July 10.

Now, what about non DVC rooms? What about restaurants and Merch and pool? It won’t be fun to hike to Kidani for all of that.

So, the good news is that Jambo villas will open July 10.

Now, what about non DVC rooms? What about restaurants and Merch and pool? It won’t be fun to hike to Kidani for all of that.

Nothing at AKL is reported opening so I think for now, it will be Kidani only for choices, Even the DVC website indicates that.

I wonder if they opened the rooms because of complaints but when. People find out no pool and nothing else, they will move?

When they say that the Jambo side of the resort is open, I take that as stores, dining locations (at least Mara and Boma) as well as the store.
Pool too if they're opening all the pools (minus SAB which was specifically noted as closed).

When they say that the Jambo side of the resort is open, I take that as stores, dining locations (at least Mara and Boma) as well as the store.
Pool too if they're opening all the pools (minus SAB which was specifically noted as closed).

Only the DVC villas are opening And there has been no update by Disney to include any of those other things

Nope. On the Availability Booking Tool, it specifically says restaurants and Merch may not be open at Jambo.

Nothing about the pool.

That info was just put there in the last week. Anyone who has a reservation made a while ago (which is most people) would have no idea. I wouldn’t if I wasn’t on the boards and looking at availability. The wording and location would only work to notify new bookings.

Why oh why can’t they email people?

Nope. On the Availability Booking Tool, it specifically says restaurants and Merch may not be open at Jambo.

Nothing about the pool.

That info was just put there in the last week. Anyone who has a reservation made a while ago (which is most people) would have no idea. I wouldn’t if I wasn’t on the boards and looking at availability. The wording and location would only work to notify new bookings.

Why oh why can’t they email people?
Ugh, I see it now. Thanks!

I would just settle for them allowing us to remove notices from view on the top of the page as we read them, you know, like the way that system was intended to be used. They can pop them back up if they change the wording.

The amount of red wording on the page is just annoying.

Something's going on with Jambo availability again. I know July was showing some spotty availability, at least in the Value rooms, but now it's wide open again.
View attachment 503285
That is odd.

I was curious if my wait list for the value had come though, nope, but it was available so I took it.

Last edited:
I was able to book 2 nights club studio and 2 nights club 1 BR for October this afternoon.. also got one night value studio. It seems like a lot was available at Jambo

Something's going on with Jambo availability again. I know July was showing some spotty availability, at least in the Value rooms, but now it's wide open again.
View attachment 503285
I noticed this as well and every night for every room category was available through December. This morning when I checked it shows no rooms available for any night through December. Strange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter